I keep losing my cargo drones

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

I keep losing my cargo drones

Post by Baggins46 » Mon, 16. May 22, 10:32

I make a trade, take the wares to my HQ and offload them. Make another trade, return to my HQ, try to offload them but can't because it says 'neither vessel has any cargo drones'. What's going on ? (this has only just started happening)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: I keep losing my cargo drones

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. May 22, 15:05

A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spookywatcher

Post by spookywatcher » Mon, 16. May 22, 16:21

There's also this... viewtopic.php?f=146&t=447929&p=5128991#p5128991

and this:

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=446394&p=5115921#p5115921

They are ALL related. Something is causing objects to magically skip teleport to other parts of the sector in an instant. It's very frustrating. I complained about it back in early March. Hope the Devs finally sit up and take notice.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Tue, 17. May 22, 15:50

Simple if slightly radical solution. I got rid of my Sonra and bought a Baldric, it only carries a third of the cargo but at least my cargo doesn't bugger off over the horizon in disappearing drones!

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 24. May 22, 10:28

Just started having Cargo Drones... came free with my captured ship. I noticed that if you don't recall them they'll just sit out there in space. And when you do realise you need to recall them, they'll take an eternity to get to you- I think. I had to fly all the way back to get them back.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. May 22, 10:42

@ Socratatus: That slow recall problem really only exists with you nearby. Once you have done everything you need to do in person where you captured the ship, just go elsewhere (OOS) and send the ship to a dock to refit as necessary. It should keep and arrive with all its assigned drones that way. Obviously that ignores any drone disappearance bug effects discussed earlier in this thread and its links.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 24. May 22, 18:05

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 24. May 22, 10:42
@ Socratatus: That slow recall problem really only exists with you nearby. Once you have done everything you need to do in person where you captured the ship, just go elsewhere (OOS) and send the ship to a dock to refit as necessary. It should keep and arrive with all its assigned drones that way. Obviously that ignores any drone disappearance bug effects discussed earlier in this thread and its links.
ok, thanks.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Return to “X4: Foundations”