AAaarrgg! Stupid AI.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Twsted
x4

AAaarrgg! Stupid AI.

Post by Twsted » Tue, 17. May 22, 11:15

I was in space, because I blew up. Some how I survived and no one killed me. oK.
So now I ordered one of my ships to come to me by right clicking my ship and "Fly And Wait Urgent" order.
It came just when I have 1% of O2 and flew right by me, made a turn and left... I ordered it to Fly and WAIT. The key word WAIT WAIT WAIT!!
It did that TWICE !!.... So I died....omg, so irritating and annoying and frustrating.

Why did it do that? come on!! seriously!?
Software developer for a corporation. I speak Python, C#, Java, Kotlin and C++. and I love & play video games.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: AAaarrgg! Stupid AI.

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 17. May 22, 11:40

Did it have any other orders queued and what was set as its default behavior?
Was it a subordinate of another ship or station?

Twsted
x4

Post by Twsted » Tue, 17. May 22, 12:10

It was docked at a station. I don't remember if it has any orders. Its been docked for a long time. It was a very small ship.
Software developer for a corporation. I speak Python, C#, Java, Kotlin and C++. and I love & play video games.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 17. May 22, 21:24

F9

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 17. May 22, 22:10

Usually the AI is quite good at stopping where told and waiting, I've been rescued a couple of times by one, even a 1 star NPC managed it. Maybe it's another command I used that's just "Fly to me and wait", I'll have to look up the exact words .
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Twsted
x4

Post by Twsted » Tue, 17. May 22, 23:00

Aaah damn I didn't know about F9.
Thanks (oddible) :) Ill try that next time.

@Socratatus) Ya, I tried that twice. it came and left me in space to die.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Wed, 18. May 22, 21:24

if you move after you give it command to get you, the ship in some casses will go where you where at that point and get uppdated and then return for you, this is my experience. :gruebel: might not be the fact all the time.

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Thu, 19. May 22, 03:17

Fly and wait urgent orders? Is that in vanilla? In vanilla, if you use fly and wait, it will stay there unless it has another command after that, which it will proceed to perform that order.

Return to “X4: Foundations”