PAR suddenly and temporarily fighting TEL/MIN

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rei Ayanami
x4

PAR suddenly and temporarily fighting TEL/MIN

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 19. May 22, 14:00

A quick overview of my current universe :
- Unmodded game, version 5.10
- My current save game has a total in-game playing time of over 15 days
- I'm in the PAR questline where I am building a shipyard for BUC/TEM (for many hours now, BUCs shipyard will be an invincible fortress so it has been in construction for a while).
- Xenons have taken over Company Regard and Hewas Twin II, so TEL are trying to send military ships there to defend, during which they need to pass through Trinity Sanctum III.

While TEL and MIN were really peaceful with every neighbor (except Xenon, of course) for the entire time, suddenly yesterday PAR started attacking all TEL and MIN ships entering PAR space, including traders and construction ships. They (PAR) now have a blockade on the gate from Trinity Sanctum III to Bright Promise, shooting any TEL or MIN ship that comes through and there is a constant field of TEL/MIN wrecks near the gate. This has NEVER happened before since game start. I haven't been in that sector for quite a while, so friendly-fire should not be the reason (there is no friendly-fire while out-of-sector, right? And even if there was friendly fire, it shouldn't cause PAR going on a rampage against all Teladi in sight, but just attacking the offending Teladi ship).

Funnily enough, it's just PAR that is targeting TEL/MIN military and traders in Trinity Sanctum III, TEL/MIN in TEL territory are just attacking PAR military ships, however now TEL/MIN are now constantly sending in military patrols all over into PAR territory, though without attacking anything, I guess they're investigating all the killed TEL/MIN ships?
Another funny thing, TEL/Min destroyers in Trinity Sanctum, after having battled with PAR ships for a while, fly to PAR equipment docks for resupply and repairs, so they definitely are not enemies.

In the encyclopedia faction description of PAR neither TEL nor MIN are listed as enemy, and PAR is not listed as enemy in neither TEL nor MIN encyclopedia entries.

I looked into the savegame file and there is no relation set between PAR and TEL/MIN, so as far as I know they should have a default relation of "0", aka neutral and not shooting at each other, neither military nor civilian.

EDIT, next day :
It seems that after about 5 hours of conflict, the fighting has stopped. The PAR blockade fleet has resumed normal patrols in Trinity Sanctum and both TEL/MIN and PAR are ignoring and no longer shooting each other, including military ships. Both Teladi and Paranid behave as if this small conflict never happened.

Does anyone know if this is normal and what triggers these skirmishes / temporary conflicts? It'd be awesome if faction relations changed every once in a while, causing skirmishes even between normally neutral factions, and then restoring them after a while. There is no reason why everyone has to get along every single day. Disagreements, aggression and small skirmishes can happen even between friends and then they have a reconciliation after a while.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Re: PAR suddenly and temporarily fighting TEL/MIN

Post by Stoats not Goats » Thu, 19. May 22, 14:28

Yeah seems pretty normal to me, the most common unexpected military conflict I see is between the Teladi and Ministry so paranid fighting the two of them seems a bit different to the norm but still possible. What ususally causes the fights I think is that the Teladi Company faction ships don't care about illegal wares whereas the ministry of finance and paranid factions very much do. You probably had a teladi ship carrying spaceweed through Trinity Sanctum that was picked up by police and chose to flee or fight instead of surrender, drawing in other Teladi and allied ships. I had a look at the jobs and there's nothing explicit that tells teladi ships to trade wares illegal to other factions, but it also doesn't say that they can't either.

EDIT:
I checked the ware baskets and spaceweed is considered a Teladi bio ware which they have trader jobs for so it was probably carrying that
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 19. May 22, 14:36

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 14:28
You probably had a teladi ship carrying spaceweed through Trinity Sanctum that was picked up by police and chose to flee or fight instead of surrender, drawing in other Teladi and allied ships.
I know what you mean, but It wasn't like that. TEL ships didn't get drawn into the fight by accident. For a while PAR actively hunted each TEL/MIN ship in sight in all PAR sectors, regardless of the distance to the initial fight, the ship type or their wares. If any TEL ship entered a PAR military ships radar range, the PAR ship would immediately turn and attack it. And TEL/MIN military ships actively attacked all PAR ships in TEL sectors, even sectors far away from Trinity Sanctum III.
Unless PAR discovering a single TEL ship with weed could have been used as a reason to declare war on the entire TEL/MIN faction and MIN/TEL hunting down all PAR military ships in return, I do not believe that that was the reason.
Last edited by Rei Ayanami on Thu, 19. May 22, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Thu, 19. May 22, 14:46

Huh, interesting, that is quite a quandry
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Thu, 19. May 22, 17:46

Last time I saw two normally friendly factions fighting was when a faction that was allied with me came to help me in a fight, even though it was with a faction that would normally be their ally And like in your case, the ships that were originally involved went on to target random ships of the other faction that hadn't been involved at the start, for hours afterwards.

Return to “X4: Foundations”