My First CTD (crash to desktop)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wrmiller
x4

My First CTD (crash to desktop)

Post by wrmiller » Thu, 19. May 22, 16:29

So I discovered a few new sectors, mostly red, with one called the 'Emperor's Something or Other' that had ship building stations. So I decided to get rid of the ship building stations using my battleship. I had just finished off the large ship building station when my screen flickered and the game crashed to the desktop.

I've not had that happen before. Did I upset the game because I was killing Xenon stations? :wink: :mrgreen:
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

jlehtone
x4

Re: My First CTD (crash to desktop)

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 19. May 22, 16:54

Xenon do not have builder ships. Just M-class "S" transports that deliver materials to Build Storage.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 19. May 22, 16:57

Never happened to me. In fact, I can not even remember the last time X4 crashed, except for when I ran out of memory because I had too many other memory-hungry apps open.

Perhaps your game files are corrupted? Try making an installation integrity scan (In steam : Rightclick on X4 entry in list -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game files).

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Thu, 19. May 22, 17:05

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 16:57
Never happened to me. In fact, I can not even remember the last time X4 crashed, except for when I ran out of memory because I had too many other memory-hungry apps open.

Perhaps your game files are corrupted? Try making an installation integrity scan (In steam : Rightclick on X4 entry in list -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game files).
I just did an integrity scan and everything seems OK. I have 128GB of system ram, so I don't think that was the problem. Could have been a ram corruption problem though. I guess I'll just fire up my last save and kill that station again and see what happens. It's all good. :mrgreen:
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Thu, 19. May 22, 19:46

I loaded up the game and went and re-killed that station. No CTD. It's all good. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 19. May 22, 20:37

The Windows Error Reporting at the end of a DxDiag text report that you make now *should* say what it was that crashed while playing X4. It is not totally reliable nor specific in all cases, but it does usually save wading through Event Viewer trying to understand a mass of cryptic event log entries.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Thu, 19. May 22, 20:48

Thanks for that!

Return to “X4: Foundations”