Request to lower volume of beam turrets.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

Request to lower volume of beam turrets.

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 19. May 22, 19:32

These things are really loud. It's actually starting to get pretty irritating.
And I hope they don't cause hearing damage.
Also I swear that despite not firing a continuous beam like L turrets, M turrets still have continuous sound.

Twsted
x4

Re: Request to lower volume of beam turrets.

Post by Twsted » Thu, 19. May 22, 22:44

I love them, just saying :)
Instead of them hardcoding a volume, egosoft could just put a volume level just for weapons. :)
this way people who like them can use them at 100%. And those who dont can turn them to 0%

:)
Software developer for a corporation. I speak Python, C#, Java, Kotlin and C++. and I love & play video games.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Fri, 20. May 22, 03:02

Yep, when this bothered me the first thing I did was to go to 'Sound Settings' and lower the 'Effects Volume' ... but nope, beam turrets are not considered an effect like flak turrets are, for example. You have to play with the 'Total Volume' so you don't end up deaf if you have a vessel with beam turrets installed on it. Obviously going deaf is an exaggeration, but it can be irritating, as has already been pointed out.
I hope that someone with sufficient interest will take this thread into consideration.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 20. May 22, 03:41

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 19:32
That would be the user's fault for having their volume turned up too high? That said I do agree that X4 is quite a loud game so generally needs the volume turned down significantly in the game options. This is best seen when trying to video capture X4 as at standard sound levels it will often exceed the 0db level significantly when near destroyer batteries or flak turrets.

Beam turret sound not being considered an effect sound might be a bug though...

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 20. May 22, 06:08

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Fri, 20. May 22, 03:02
Yep, when this bothered me the first thing I did was to go to 'Sound Settings' and lower the 'Effects Volume' ... but nope, beam turrets are not considered an effect like flak turrets are, for example. You have to play with the 'Total Volume' so you don't end up deaf if you have a vessel with beam turrets installed on it. Obviously going deaf is an exaggeration, but it can be irritating, as has already been pointed out.
I hope that someone with sufficient interest will take this thread into consideration.
Had this thought later, sad to know it won't work.
Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 20. May 22, 03:41
Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 19. May 22, 19:32
That would be the user's fault for having their volume turned up too high? That said I do agree that X4 is quite a loud game so generally needs the volume turned down significantly in the game options. This is best seen when trying to video capture X4 as at standard sound levels it will often exceed the 0db level significantly when near destroyer batteries or flak turrets.

Beam turret sound not being considered an effect sound might be a bug though...
But I actually want to hear all the other sounds. This is an outlier.
Also all the other sounds are not a constant whine. Actually it's fairly surprising that there is no difference between L and M Beams, they both sounds equally loud. I'm not convinced that M Beams aren't also bugged.

Return to “X4: Foundations”