[REQUEST] End VIG Tyrrany

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

geckoproductions

[REQUEST] End VIG Tyrrany

Post by geckoproductions » Thu, 19. May 22, 23:29

The request is to be able to remove all VIG tyrrany by killing off their yards, docks and taking over their sectors, and let RIP resume normal functions without them policing. If that is even possible to change at runtime, and not a preset thing. (Ive never seen VIG police the RIP systems anyway, and if so, at minimal numbers)

unless of course RIP are happy with VIG policing. (I realise that VIG cant even build fighters, but still)

Currently: in order to end the VIG hold on the RIP systems, you need to kill/remove admin center both of em.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: [REQUEST] End VIG Tyrrany

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 20. May 22, 01:31

I would like a terraforming option to undermine their reign.
Something like a planet scale shield generator that also blocks the flood from one of avarice sectors.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

geckoproductions

Post by geckoproductions » Fri, 20. May 22, 08:06

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Fri, 20. May 22, 01:31
Something like a planet scale shield generator that also blocks the flood from one of avarice sectors.
and Id like first person space ship combat with lasors pew pew

can we please stay on topic, get your own suggestion thread :P

EDIT: Sorry, I realise that it was maybe an honest suggestion to solve this problem? but the issue with it now is that you cant sell illegal wares automatically, even if you secure the system from all VIG police, so even if you safeguard an avarice sector, I dont see how that solves any problems.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 21. May 22, 05:19

geckoproductions wrote:
Fri, 20. May 22, 08:06
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Fri, 20. May 22, 01:31
and Id like first person space ship combat with lasors pew pew

can we please stay on topic, get your own suggestion thread :P
Hey slow down a bit, it was a serious idea.
Terraforming is somewhat easier to detect from coding perspective, and it's quite easy to change the police faction.
Terraforming is more or less a md-mission and md is just the same tool that controls most things so it would be a clean solution, but a time consuming.
geckoproductions wrote:
Fri, 20. May 22, 08:06
EDIT: Sorry, I realise that it was maybe an honest suggestion to solve this problem? but the issue with it now is that you cant sell illegal wares automatically, even if you secure the system from all VIG police, so even if you safeguard an avarice sector, I dont see how that solves any problems.
Changing the police faction changes who decides what illegal.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

geckoproductions

Post by geckoproductions » Wed, 25. May 22, 14:31

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 05:19
and it's quite easy to change the police faction.
do you mean by bombing admin centers until you own the sector? or I dont know how to change police factions without modding, or going to war with RIP as well.

UglyManG

Post by UglyManG » Fri, 3. Jun 22, 14:54

I just zapped their admin modules and both Argon and Teladi tried to takeover. Teladi got their Admin modules up first though. No more illegal food and ice.

Return to “X4: Foundations”