Funny thing happened when flying my new captured ship...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Funny thing happened when flying my new captured ship...

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 21. May 22, 12:19

Was flying my new captured Plunderer Phoenix Vanguard. I made a thread about it earlier. Fixed the ship, employed crew. Said hello to them in the mess, etc, etc. Nice. Crew don't say much tho...

I kinda like the way it spools up slowly to speed and all that. I like having crew I've chosen doing their thing by me while I fly.
Anyway, came out of Travelmode and meandered slowly on, when suddenly these weird box things started popping up and flying around my cockpit just on the outside. I was like, "What the?"

I was going to shoot them but decide to click on it first, `Cargo Drones`? Are they mine? I guess so. So what happened there? These things are just in the ship and auto-pop out when they detect cargo floating around?

Haha. I wonder what other surprises this ship has? :D
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Funny thing happened when flying my new captured ship...

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 21. May 22, 13:24

"These things are just in the ship and auto-pop out when they detect cargo floating around? ... I wonder what other surprises this ship has?"

If in your ship loadout page you still have cargodrones set to collect floating loot and set to armed, then yes. Remember, this ship used to be a plunderer and so that is what they would have been set up to do back then.

You need to take full control of all aspects of your new acquisition. Have you reconsidered the suitability of its turret orders, for example? :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 21. May 22, 14:15

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 21. May 22, 13:24
"These things are just in the ship and auto-pop out when they detect cargo floating around? ... I wonder what other surprises this ship has?"

If in your ship loadout page you still have cargodrones set to collect floating loot and set to armed, then yes. Remember, this ship used to be a plunderer and so that is what they would have been set up to do back then.

You need to take full control of all aspects of your new acquisition. Have you reconsidered the suitability of its turret orders, for example? :D
Oh, ok. Nah, I've not checked anything. It has big guns at the front and also has repair drones. That's all I know. Yes, yes, I've got to look around the ship more. This I shall now do.... Thanks. *Walks off to explore the insides of the machine*

p.s. Thinking about it, that does explain why my guns just started firing at a ship without any say so from me. Nearly got me in trouble that. Guess that was the Turret guns!
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sun, 22. May 22, 19:46

Screenshot?

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sun, 22. May 22, 20:35

oddible wrote:
Sun, 22. May 22, 19:46
Screenshot?
You want to see a screenshot of Cargo Drones in front of my cockpit? Really?

Return to “X4: Foundations”