Hull parts, hull parts, where art thou, hull parts

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cale_online
x3ap

Hull parts, hull parts, where art thou, hull parts

Post by cale_online » Tue, 24. May 22, 12:59

As the title suggests, my particular galaxy seems to be devoid of hull parts, despite almost every single sector having at least 1 hull parts factory.

Unfortunately most of them are empty!

I've read this is a common issue, and out of sheer impatience, I cheated a full restock of a shipyard I was building ships from because I got bored of SETA. Lol. But I don't like cheating, so is there something I can do to fix this economy?
Either a mod or just something to solve the hull parts issue?
I feel like the source of the issue is refined metals, plenty of factories, but they don't seem to produce enough stuff to meet demand.

All I can think is build loads of refined metal factories and hull part factories and supply the galaxy myself, but the issue is, I can't build anything but there's almost no hull parts. 😅😂😂

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Hull parts, hull parts, where art thou, hull parts

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 24. May 22, 13:15

That's the reason why you should got for your own supply of station building materials and Hull parts as soon as possible - otherwise you'll get mad with mid game shortages.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 24. May 22, 17:19

What is required for Hull Parts? Graphene and (Refined Metal or Teladianium)?
What is required for Graphene? Methane
What is required for Refined Metal (and Teladianium)? Ore

Is it possible that one could start Methane and Ore Miners and then haul the two products to HP factories? Relatively focused logistics chain.

I haven't done that. Not really. Yet, Hull Parts are not rare (well, after 30 ingame days). Advanced Electronics and Weapon Components are. AdvEl is/was plenty and cheap in PAR Wretched Skies (but now Xenon have risen from oblivion).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 24. May 22, 17:40

The past few games I started since 4.0, 4.10, 5.0 and 5.10 had no issues with Hull parts. I have a lot of stations that are full with them selling 30k+. The lack of Hull parts is the result of other problems, e.g. NPC factions not having enough traders to move wares in the production chain around.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 24. May 22, 17:45

These things seem to go in cycles. In one game start, my universe had plenty of hull parts, but practically no claytronics. My current game universe seems to be lacking Advanced Electronics. Claytronics and Hull Parts shortages can often be gotten around by raiding Build Storages of NPC stations. Advanced Electronics and other such 'end products' are more difficult to find. In my game I'm in the process of building an Adv.Elec. factory.

BTW, hull parts and claytronics have become much less of a problem since Riptide Rakers entered the gameworld. Hint, hint. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 24. May 22, 20:22

You seem to be missing the point of this game. First, never use SETA, that is just a lack of creativity. Think like a Teladi! If your region is missing Hull Parts, that is an opportunity for PROFITSSSS!

The X4 universe is build around the economy. Sitting at the end of the funnel waiting for things to come down the funnel and complaining doesn't solve the problem. You need to move to the other end of the funnel and help. And when I say help don't do that silly thing that players do and say "why do I have to fix this broken game". It isn't that. This IS the game! This was put there precisely for you the player to have a HUGE impact on the game.

You want Hull Parts in your game? Buy 4 miners, two mineral / two gas. Have two mine Ore, have the other two mine Methane. You'll be swimming in Hull Parts. Which will create other problems - you'll be stuck for Microchips so you'll then need to mine Silicon, etc.

It always comes down to raw materials. The factions BY DESIGN don't have enough miners so this allows a gap for the player to have massive impact. Go get out there and feed the economy. And never, ever, use SETA. There is so much to do in this game that if you're using SETA you've given up.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 24. May 22, 22:30

Start by supplying the basic mineral and gas resources. This will ensure a much healthier supply of intermediaries such as refined metals and graphene. These will then reach hull part factories quicker.

Ultimately you'll want to set up your own. I go with one 40+ module hull part complex per faction shipyard.

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Tue, 24. May 22, 22:41

Oooh, thanks folks, I didn't realise gas was part of the hull parts production line.
I literally have zero gas miners. 😂

I'm such a noob.

It's been added to my to-do list for next time !

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 24. May 22, 23:06

cale_online wrote:
Tue, 24. May 22, 22:41
Oooh, thanks folks, I didn't realise gas was part of the hull parts production line.
All those secrets are on the https://seizewell.de/x4/X4-Materialfluss.php
The only downside of those charts is that they are not in neo-japanese, or even english. :roll:

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Fri, 27. May 22, 01:09

Here are a couple that I like because they're more visually readable...

https://i.redd.it/o5857ifq0m221.png

https://i.redd.it/tl0wc2rp43221.png

Or...

https://i.redd.it/0pd067dszt221.png

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 27. May 22, 02:50

cale_online wrote:
Tue, 24. May 22, 22:41
Oooh, thanks folks, I didn't realise gas was part of the hull parts production line....
For future reference, the ingame encyclopedia lists all the ingredients as well as the quantities needed to produce each ware, the amount of ware produced, and the time it takes for each cycle. No real need for third party sources. Note, though, a ware won't be listed until you've encountered it in the game.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 27. May 22, 17:49

Nanook wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 02:50
For future reference, the ingame encyclopedia lists all the ingredients as well as the quantities needed to produce each ware, the amount of ware produced, and the time it takes for each cycle. No real need for third party sources.
True. That is the key -- the information exists. It is a mere personal preference what is more "visually readable" format.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 28. May 22, 03:27

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 17:49
True. That is the key -- the information exists. It is a mere personal preference what is more "visually readable" format.
Actually it is the science of visual perception, the psychology of gestalt principles, and the usability of information architecture. Personal preference where you get it, but "more visually readable" is highly quantifiable. Though the one I posted isn't as visually appealing (personally anyway :).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 28. May 22, 18:50

And if you don't read German, the one jlehtone posted is just a pretty picture in an unreadable foreign language. :)

My point to the OP was simply that the information already exists ingame, which he apparently did not know.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Sun, 29. May 22, 05:18

My particular universe has absolutely no one (except me) harvesting Methane on the Commonwealth side.
Could be damages from Xenon incursions, could be stupid AI trying to harvest from/move through enemy sectors and getting themselves killed.

No Methane, no Graphene, no Quantum Tubes, no Hull Parts or Claytronics.
The only place that even has the last two end products in stock is Avarice, and only because they're recycling scraps to skip the rest of the production chain.

Particularly problematic because the Xenon wiped out everything Zyarth owned to the left of Hall of Judgment (which is still standing only because of literal plot armor) and they're trying to rebuild in FRF space.
And everyone is also hit hard by the Xenon and are trying to rebuild. (Argon Prime wharf was destroyed. Antigone lost ownership of The Void. FRF somehow lost their Tharka's Ravine sector next to the Xenon one which doesn't even have production capabilities.)
...And I have a story mission to build a station.

I'm going to have to build a scrap recycling station in Getsu Fune just so station building with Commonwealth modules is even possible. Getting the first module built will be the challenge. (Everything else will be in Terran materials which Sol is overflowing with.)

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sun, 29. May 22, 07:52

Berserk Knight wrote:
Sun, 29. May 22, 05:18
My particular universe has absolutely no one (except me) harvesting Methane on the Commonwealth side.
Could be damages from Xenon incursions, could be stupid AI trying to harvest from/move through enemy sectors and getting themselves killed.

No Methane, no Graphene, no Quantum Tubes, no Hull Parts or Claytronics.
The only place that even has the last two end products in stock is Avarice, and only because they're recycling scraps to skip the rest of the production chain.

Particularly problematic because the Xenon wiped out everything Zyarth owned to the left of Hall of Judgment (which is still standing only because of literal plot armor) and they're trying to rebuild in FRF space.
And everyone is also hit hard by the Xenon and are trying to rebuild. (Argon Prime wharf was destroyed. Antigone lost ownership of The Void. FRF somehow lost their Tharka's Ravine sector next to the Xenon one which doesn't even have production capabilities.)
...And I have a story mission to build a station.

I'm going to have to build a scrap recycling station in Getsu Fune just so station building with Commonwealth modules is even possible. Getting the first module built will be the challenge. (Everything else will be in Terran materials which Sol is overflowing with.)
So cool. I have no idea how that even happens. Never seen it. Would LOVE to!

Have you done any selling to the factions? Any miners or your own stations? (Traders don't really count - they just grease the already existing wheels but don't add anything).

Return to “X4: Foundations”