asteroid scat

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klemitch
x3tc

asteroid scat

Post by Klemitch » Wed, 25. May 22, 02:15

In the past, I used to see spacefly eggs and lodestone drops from asteroids being mined. I'm not seeing that now. Has this changed?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: asteroid scat

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 25. May 22, 09:35

No, I'm still seeing it happen in vanilla 5.10 with ToA. Maybe not so much as I seem to recall from previous version playthroughs, but that is subjective.

Just in case, make sure you haven't some map filter option that might be keeping the drops icons off the map (if that is where you are looking for them rather than in person).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Wed, 25. May 22, 11:30

Klemitch wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 02:15
In the past, I used to see spacefly eggs and lodestone drops from asteroids being mined. I'm not seeing that now. Has this changed?
It is said - and my experience now is the same - that these things (Spacefly Eggs, Unstable Crystals and Lodestones) are only spawned if the player is IS, AND near enough. Often I am sitting in my Office at Grand Exchange I in PHQ, around the PHQ are mining areas, and very rarely a few of these items are spawned, but all the other areas in GE I where much more mining is going on remain empty. If I take a ship, fly to one of these areas and sit there, suddenly the spawns start, every few minutes a few drops. It is said that this was changed in 5.0, so the big fields of drops are history.

If you want to use this 'feature', you have to be in the area (not only IS) and to wait.

Klemitch
x3tc

Post by Klemitch » Wed, 25. May 22, 13:48

Good Wizard wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 11:30
Klemitch wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 02:15
It is said - and my experience now is the same - that these things (Spacefly Eggs, Unstable Crystals and Lodestones) are only spawned if the player is IS, AND near enough. Often I am sitting in my Office at Grand Exchange I in PHQ, around the PHQ are mining areas, and very rarely a few of these items are spawned, but all the other areas in GE I where much more mining is going on remain empty. If I take a ship, fly to one of these areas and sit there, suddenly the spawns start, every few minutes a few drops. It is said that this was changed in 5.0, so the big fields of drops are history.

If you want to use this 'feature', you have to be in the area (not only IS) and to wait.
Well, that's a QoL 'feature'. LOL. I guess they're trying to save resources or some such.
I did go to my miners and watched. All I saw was empty asteroids. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Thank you Wiz.

Return to “X4: Foundations”