How to help the Teladi?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

How to help the Teladi?

Post by Damian Swift » Sat, 25. Jun 22, 14:16

Back after a long break (played last just after the Split were introduced) and as usual the poor Teladi are getting their rears handed to them by the Xenon.
I usually try to help them by building lots of miners to help boost their economy but searching around their main areas (around Grand Exchange and Eighteen Billion) there are plenty of rocks but not found a single Mine processor to take any ore/Silicon i will mine (and not showing any need for said materials).

So question... what can i do to help the Teladi economy? (Still early game and have a few miners around Argon space) so building space stations/factories are a little out of my reach at the moment.

Shepp
x3ap

Re: How to help the Teladi?

Post by Shepp » Sat, 25. Jun 22, 14:48

The games economy is based on ship production. I'm willing to bet that if you look in the sectors with wharfs and shipyards, they will be looking for items like, hull parts, engine components, weapon components, advanced electronics, and such. The more of these items you can provide to these wharfs and shipyards, the more ships they will be able to build to defend themselves.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 25. Jun 22, 19:08

I would try more "obscure" sectors if they are not in Grand Exchange/Eighteen Billion. That is Memory of Profit (both of them) and Path to Profit. Worst case it will be in Ianamus Jura VII or the Hewas Twin sectors

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 00:10

Damian Swift wrote:
Sat, 25. Jun 22, 14:16
... not found a single Mine processor to take any ore/Silicon i will mine (and not showing any need for said materials).
Are there any Teladi fabs that have Teladianium or Silicon Wafers for sale (because those places would buy ore/silicon)?
Damian Swift wrote:
the poor Teladi are getting their rears handed to them by the Xenon.
Where does this happen?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 04:36

Damian Swift wrote:
and as usual the poor Teladi are getting their rears handed to them by the Xenon.
Usually I find it the opposite. Some random Sunrise Flower factory holds back wave after wave of Xenon doom fleets with minimal losses lol. If only their defence stations were this effective...
Damian Swift wrote:
I usually try to help them by building lots of miners to help boost their economy but searching around their main areas (around Grand Exchange and Eighteen Billion) there are plenty of rocks but not found a single Mine processor to take any ore/Silicon i will mine (and not showing any need for said materials).
Usually those sectors have quite a few. You sure you discovered all the stations? Otherwise they might be in the Hewa's Twin branch.
Damian Swift wrote:
So question... what can i do to help the Teladi economy? (Still early game and have a few miners around Argon space) so building space stations/factories are a little out of my reach at the moment.
Look for shortages and try to source them either by improving the production chains or by shipping them in from further away. Although Teladi use Teladianium all the end products are the same as the other non-Terran factions so can be sourced from them.

Of course the other approach is to try and fight back the Xenon and reduce Teladi losses by doing so. A destroyer can take out Ks fairly easily and most can take out Is with a bit of time and effort. A powerful M corvette can dog fight and thin their fighter swarms. Since the player can make decent turret choices a defence station at a key location with L plasma to handle Xenon capitals would also work.

For early game money I usually make trade stations in busy areas and use those to help boost the local economy while making profit at the same time. These can even trade mined wares, although miners will also be needed as trade subordinates to actually sell them.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:20

Damian Swift wrote:
(Still early game and have a few miners around Argon space) so building space stations/factories are a little out of my reach at the moment.
Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 04:36
Of course the other approach is to try and fight back the Xenon and reduce Teladi losses by doing so. A destroyer can take out Ks fairly easily and most can take out Is with a bit of time and effort.
SCA Phoenix is a destroyer. Boarding one is relatively easy -- should be possible with limited assets. Some M freighters can carry almost 20 crew -- a decent amount of marines. After you board one you need some reputation, if the loadout is suitable.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 01:18

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:20
SCA Phoenix is a destroyer. Boarding one is relatively easy -- should be possible with limited assets. Some M freighters can carry almost 20 crew -- a decent amount of marines. After you board one you need some reputation, if the loadout is suitable.
Rather take a Behemoth Vanguard if you are going for low end destroyers. Phoenix is close to unusable.

The free Odysseus in Faulty Logic can be well worth the effort to get out. It is a good destroyer unlike both Behemoth and Phoenix (there is a reason SCA use these "hunks of junk").

If you own Tides of Avarice the pirate L transport ship might also be able to help against the Xenon. It has no main batteries but quite a few L turrets and is one of the fastest L ships you can get.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 07:57

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 27. Jun 22, 01:18
Rather take a Behemoth Vanguard if you are going for low end destroyers. Phoenix is close to unusable.
I disagree, but it is probably better for OP to explore these ships.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 04:33

You're thinking of this in the right way, which is awesome. The BIG factor in whether this works or not is where the RNG placed those initial stations when it first made the map. Sometimes it will plop stations that need a certain raw material several sectors away from that raw material then that faction gets hosed early game. If that is the case you may need to use Repeat Orders to mine and drop off at that station (Teladianium or a Graphene refinery usually) since automine won't work with its 1 sector range.

You CAN as others have indicated capture an SCA destroyer. There are frequently "Plunderer Phoenix and Plunderer Behemoths" floating around - they will have a faction designtation (TEL, MIN, etc) but if you scan them they will show as SCA and you can shoot them. Right after you scan them look to see how many marines are on board in their info pane. Also what level those marines are. What you're looking for is few marines and minimal veterans (mostly recruits). If you find that, capture one! Phoenix are awesome, love their main guns.

Teladi mainly come under threat in Ianamus Zura IV (unless you don't have the Split DLC in which case you may see them in Open Market as well).

Return to “X4: Foundations”