Consul command

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigBadBill_87
x4

Consul command

Post by BigBadBill_87 » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 22:39

Ive spent well over an hour on mission 3 trying to find the SCA data leak. Impossible ive had enough - its just not fun at all.

Is there a way to console command complete a misson?

I'm super bored pretending this misson isnt just bugged now

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Consul command

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 23:05

Anecdotally and hence I cannot verify this, there are two additional ways to force finding a data leak on an SCA station if you are having problems in finding one naturally - either using an EMP bomb from your suit launcher, or by taking a 'repair leaks' mission from SCA and scanning one instead.

I don't recall having any problems with this phase though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Consul command

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 00:44

I've never had a problem with this mission. Actually it's my favourite in the whole HAT plot (no joking). I'll give you some "spoilers":

a) In a moded game
Spoiler
Show
Load the "Data Leak Hunter" mod from Steam. Once you are close to any station and activate Scan mode (Shift 2) it will present you with all the data leaks and voice leaks in existence marked as mission points.
b) In a vanilla game
1)
Spoiler
Show
Always try to scan an SCA Pirate Base 90% of the time the data leak is in the defence platform rioght in fron or right behind where you docked your ship!!! Alternatively go to the message the former bald NPC Kate Landon (Dal Busta's assistant and pilot) sent you. It has a "button" that will take you to the station that really has a data leak and it's easy to find.
2)
Spoiler
Show
Use an EMP bomb toi create a dataleak as suggested above. You'll need the grenade launcher for it bit it is also required for the next stage of the Hatikvah plot
EDIT1:
P.S. Of course, the vanilla spoilers will also work with a moded game...

EDIT2:
If you stay for some time in a station (docked), data and voice leaks will be created. This is how I get the PHQ mission always from a PAR or HOP Station (there is a reason for this)....

Return to “X4: Foundations”