asgard model question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cruis.In
x3

asgard model question

Post by Cruis.In » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 03:34

If the beam weapon is fired from the center of the ship, what the heck is that long thing at the bottom front for?

https://snipboard.io/csjdhv.jpg
offensive signature removed

Diroc
x4

Re: asgard model question

Post by Diroc » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 05:08

Since the Terran food supply is derived from protein paste, I'm going to guess that's where they keep all the bathrooms.

If you spend enough time on the bridge of an Asgard, you will see how often people walk in and out of the bridge.

The Argon by contrast have Beef (Argnu), Bread (Grain) and Booze (Space Fuel). I prefer to hang out with them on the weekends.
Nothing like a good Beef Dip after a Friday night out drinking. :wink:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 09:09

@ OP: Please try to use fileshare/picshare sites that don't spam with adverts. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 10:10

Cruis.In wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 03:34
If the beam weapon is fired from the center of the ship, what the heck is that long thing at the bottom front for?

you should clean your desktop or maybe not expose so many information about yourself...

The long thing is the weapons energy source, that emits radiation and has to be as far a possible from the bathrooms, so they put it in front.
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Linski

Post by Linski » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 11:23

Cruis.In wrote:

Windows + Shift + S opens directly the snipping tool.
Or you can use the old Snipping tool: Windows + sn (the snipping tool should be found now) and open it.
or press ALT + PRINT for a Screenshot of the current active window.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 12:06

Cruis.In wrote:
The easy answer would be "looks". As otherwise the ship would not appear anywhere near as imposing as it currently does.

If you want a more made up lore appropriate reason, it provides integrity and protection to the beam stabilisation outriggers.

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 21:53

I thought it was the docking nose? Works for me. ;)
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

Cruis.In
x3

Post by Cruis.In » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 22:03

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 10:10
Cruis.In wrote:

you should clean your desktop or maybe not expose so many information about yourself...

The long thing is the weapons energy source, that emits radiation and has to be as far a possible from the bathrooms, so they put it in front.
oops lol, thought I had cropped it. at least it aint the entire laptop. oh and the reddit post was about BYU people up to weird things.
offensive signature removed

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 22:54

I always thought of the Asgard's three arms of being like a magnetic field generator, akin to a railgun, for directing the energy blast into a forward beam.

Return to “X4: Foundations”