New to piracy, best ship?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jmrc
x4

Re: New to piracy, best ship?

Post by jmrc » Fri, 1. Jul 22, 01:29

Pair a Falx and a Cobra for L combat ships, with the Falx (more guns) as the main attacker and the Cobra (more turrets) in "attack my current target" mode. Get Teladi shields for max protection. Also get 1 Ion gun for the Falx.

For the large targets with 150+ crew, get a Shuyaku Vanguard (226 marines and 3K travel speed) the best assault ship in the game.
Or, have a pair of Barbarossas (2x 126 marines and 6K travel speed) or grow your pirating empire with "gangs" composed with Barbarossa+Falx+Cobra for max fun.

I sell most Barbarossa's to the ZYA at around 10M each. But the champion target is the Hokkaido (max 34 crew) which can be sold by around 4M.

I normally board the targets with no hull damage and only the minimum required turrets, then I let it go. Since the marines' experience has little purpose and are abundant, I don't mind losing entire ship loads of them to get an expensive target like a Shuyaku which is the best seller among the L traders, but has a large complement.

I just wished we didn't have to engage in legal trading activities to be able to advance the main plot and get the teleports and other stuff. If so, we could play exclusively as an illegal character. It would also be nice if the trade in illegal goods could be more dangerous (police would have sensors at the jump gates and rush to intercept) and far more profitable to compensate.

X4Starter

Post by X4Starter » Fri, 1. Jul 22, 02:40

BitByte wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 20:23
At the begining I had multiple Odysseus VA spread around the galaxy where boarding was needed. But since transfer crew became more easy and I enabled Split DLC I started use rattlesnakes.
Now I use whatever L-size destroyer I have on site and which suits the best against the target.
That is what did too, have a fleet of destroyers spread around the universe and give them the 'follow' command whenever one pops up. Then fix em up to keep or sell.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Fri, 1. Jul 22, 21:56

Damian Swift wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 19:35
So you get the Barbarossa to follow your katana, and if you tell it to board does the captain fly to the enemy ship and unleash the marines? Or do you have to manually tell the Barbarossa captain to fly to the enemy ship THEN tell it to board?
Yep, I don't even have it in my squad. I just use the Katana to disable the target ship, shoot out its engines and turrets, get the hull down below 80%, then I give the Barbarossa the Board command. I change the settings when I set up the boarding operation - change the Barbarossa to "Keep Distance" otherwise it will start shooting the target. (Alternately disable its turrets).

Doomsday2020
x4

Post by Doomsday2020 » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 15:26

At the beginning I used an L trader with a docked S fighter for boarding Destroyers. (Helios Vanguard was good for crew size and cost) If the fighter has Burst Rays you go through surface elements really fast then board with the L Trader. Other option that is fast is blast mortars. Ares/Chimera is good for that.
For efficiency I switched the Trader with an Atlas Vanguard, Engine and Hull mod for speed. Great amount of crew for marines and free repair after (saves time and money)

You disable it with the S Ship, board with the Resupply ship. As soon as Engines are online repair, move all crew back but captain, move to shipyard, sell all stuff, move pilot and sell ship.
Rinse and repeat.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 21:17

Best boarding ship - Alas E.

1. Can hold some S and M for disabling targets.
2. Can hold many marines onboard for boarding.
3. Can repair all, saving owned ships and making sell price of target higher.

Return to “X4: Foundations”