Additional Tests Comparing Turret Types and Ship Configurations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X4Starter

Re: Additional Tests Comparing Turret Types and Ship Configurations

Post by X4Starter » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 01:18

So I had short amount of time and decided to attempt some limited tests of Terran L Pulses on the SYN since from the comments and experience they may have the ideal platform for testing L turrets.
I did not have enough time to do multiple runs of each config so only a couple.
I did not have time to do more tests or devise a better algorithm for pulse weapon testing so we are reusing the same tests.

1. The Pulses did 'fine' with smaller numbers of enemies. 6 Xenon M's would be taken down in a short time. Longer than Beams naturally, but still effective. They DID generally coordinate fire which was good to see.

2. As was described earlier in the comments, depending on where the M's were placed they would sometimes trickle in, allowing the Pulse turrets to pick off 1 maybe 2 before the bulk arrived and the 'battle' began.

3. They Performed very good against 6 Xenon P's alone and by extension I might assume other M class due to slower speeds, and slower approaches. Hit probability was higher than S class naturally, though I did not have time to get an estimate. Time to eradicate was actually close to L Beams, I was hoping it would be noticeably better.

4. Against 21 Xenon M's, again 1-2 might be taken down by the time the rest of the force got there, but once the main force arrived it turned into a NEAR stalemate. Fortunately Pulses do enough damage when they do hit,
a. I did not have enough time to study the movement/damage patterns but I suspect that when there are overwhelming numbers the Pulses have too many targets. Combined with the relatively low hit probability the DPS is too low to end the battle quickly. In nearly the amount of time it would take a SYN w/ L Beams to take out the 21 M's, the Pulse SYN was still fighting them IN SETA, but evidently making headway. Once the critical mass of fighters drops off, the rest die fairly quickly.
b. There was virtually no notable component damage to the SYN throughout the encounter.
c. Interestingly in the few runs I did, utilizing the M Flak turrets DID NOT make any substantial difference in effectiveness overall. This needs more testing. This is in contrast to the L Beam set up where the 2 Flak batteries did seem to add a noticeable amount of DPS. particularly against the slower P's.

5. I did not yet have time to run 21 M's and the 6 P's of the latter test, but at this time with the additional Enemy DPS and the amount of time it takes to disable the enemy forces, I am concerned the outcome will not be good.

sh1pman
x4

Re: Additional Tests Comparing Turret Types and Ship Configurations

Post by sh1pman » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 23:14

I don’t think using SETA is a good idea during combat tests.

Return to “X4: Foundations”