Replenishing stolen ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wigglyjr

Replenishing stolen ships

Post by Wigglyjr » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 10:27

So, if I'm constantly stealing ships from a particular faction, then do they eventually replace them? I'm pretty sure ships are replaced when they're destroyed in a fight as the ship if obviously gone, but I don't know if they'll actually replace any ships that are stolen since the ships still exist. They just don't belong to the original faction anymore. Also, if I'm going to be taking ships and they do get replaced, then doesn't that drive up all resources a warf/shipyard needs to make that particular ship again? I could steal a ship, then sell them the resources to remake the ship and just steal it again.

Y-llian
x4

Re: Replenishing stolen ships

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 11:20

My understanding is that they will yes, providing the faction has the resources to do so. I’m not an expert, but each faction has hard coded capacity stats that determine how many and what ships need building. Once you cap something and ownership changes, the cap changes accordingly. The only faction that doesn’t have a ship limit is the player. You can build / steal until your PC’s CPU breaks under the strain! Lol…

Edit… Also, it matters what ships you’re stealing. If you’ve been stealing lots of civilian freighters, then the faction in question might have a harder time rebuilding as you’ve degraded their logistics capacity. It’s fine though, it will rebalance in time since most factions have allies that will fill the logistical gap, albeit more slowly.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 18:50

I can confirm what Y-llian said with one correction: the quotas are numbers the various factions tend to want to build, but they don't necessarily do so. These quotas can also vary within limits as the game takes shape.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 18:55

Wigglyjr wrote:
Sat, 2. Jul 22, 10:27
So, if I'm constantly stealing ships from a particular faction, then do they eventually replace them? I'm pretty sure ships are replaced when they're destroyed in a fight as the ship if obviously gone, but I don't know if they'll actually replace any ships that are stolen since the ships still exist. They just don't belong to the original faction anymore. Also, if I'm going to be taking ships and they do get replaced, then doesn't that drive up all resources a warf/shipyard needs to make that particular ship again? I could steal a ship, then sell them the resources to remake the ship and just steal it again.
I doubt the Devs would allow a steal mechanic if it broke the game. Worry not.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Return to “X4: Foundations”