OOS Wack a Mole!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cruis.In
x3

OOS Wack a Mole!

Post by Cruis.In » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 20:09

This is how ships fight OOS? Fist to cuffs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLniS-X3nVY
offensive signature removed

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: OOS Wack a Mole!

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 22:43

Yea, this OOS capital ship combat bug has been there since X:Rebirth. Has been a while since I saw it myself, though.

If i remember correctly a developer said some months ago that it's just a visual glitch. However, at times it seems to also affect their flight behavior/position and that of opponents, where one ship starts to fly in circles and "drags" every other nearby capital ship with them, as briefly seen at 0:31, but perhaps that's just a visual glitch too and not affecting their actual position/orientation, but I'm not sure.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 23:16

a dev said in an interview it's just a visual glitch, it's their battledance kinda

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 13:36

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Sat, 2. Jul 22, 22:43
If i remember correctly a developer said some months ago that it's just a visual glitch.
I remember they were saying that due to optimizations in OOS there are no needs to calculate ships actual position.
Obviously the calculations are required to get rid of this "dance" if the area is visible because of satellites.

Another good question what is price for that.
Lets assume player has all map covered with satellites.
That should bring this stuff to higher attention... and more cpu consumption.

I always said there should be no OOS at all because of simplifications against IS.
Or we should accept such defects as "trade offs" of large universe, all those economy/productions running on one PC, small development team and similar excuses.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Return to “X4: Foundations”