[fixed] "No available cargo drones", but my ship has 4 of them

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

[fixed] "No available cargo drones", but my ship has 4 of them

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 01:31

Help, I have a problem. My Erlking cannot offload goods at my HQ's build storage. When giving the order, it fails saying "No available cargo drones". I have cargo drones on this ship however, so why does it not work? I was able to offload to build storage before using the Erlking, but now it just doesn't work anymore...

Edit: As a work around, I am using a large freighter to transfer the wares from the Erlking to. I noticed that the freighter's captain is constantly saying "Last order could not be completed" despite completing the order. What is going on?
Last edited by Utsuho Reiuji on Fri, 29. Jul 22, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Duncaroos
x4

Re: "No available cargo drones", but my ship has 4 of them

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 03:52

By chance do you see your cargo drones out and about collecting dropped ware crates? It's showing 4 as being active. If it's not actively doing a trade in that screenshot, it would seem to suggest those cargo drones are lost in space!
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 04:40

Duncaroos wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 03:52
By chance do you see your cargo drones out and about collecting dropped ware crates? It's showing 4 as being active. If it's not actively doing a trade in that screenshot, it would seem to suggest those cargo drones are lost in space!
No, they weren't. I activated them thinking that they might not work otherwise. Maybe I should just try to sell and restock them right after...

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 04:56

Sorry, just to clarify...I think you mean you just 'Activated' / Armed the Cargo drones? I'm talking about the actual number of cargo drones specified in the Erkling stats as already being active, which means they are out doing something...your Erkling looks to have no commands. What are the drones doing? I guess transferring wares with the other ship? Apologies again, I think I may be confused.

*Edit: Do you have a screenshot of your Erkling trying to do a trade order while the cargo drones are 'not active" (disarming them shouldn't cause trade issues)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 17:29

I had a similar issue once : When my Erlking flew through some other sector it spotted some cargo and sent out the cargo drones, while continuing to fly on it's path to its destination in another sector. The moment the Erlking changed sector, all cargo drones just stopped working and didn't do anything to catch up (drones seemingly are incapable of following through gates/highways or the Erlking was so far away that they just gave up).

Took me a good while to figure that out, finding the drones on the map (Erlking was in Family Kritt and the drones in Grand Exchange, so far, faaar away and drones are only visible at a close zoom level) and then flying to the drones myself and destroying them one by one.

Perhaps your Erlking lost it's drones somewhere and they are stuck now?

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 19:50

Sorry for just answering now.
When trying to trade using the Erlking, the captain just responds that they couldn't complete the task and continues to idle. I have to order another ship to take the cargo off of the Erlking. The other ship's captain will also complain that the order could not be completed, but completes it anyway.

The drones flying off to collect cargo could very well be, but I don't remember where that could have been. I will try to restock cargo drones and see if that works...
I want to put this ship's huge cargo hold to good use on my quest to relieve the other factions of some of their wares, but being unable to offload on it's own is really frustrating.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 20:05

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 19:50
Sorry for just answering now.
When trying to trade using the Erlking, the captain just responds that they couldn't complete the task and continues to idle. I have to order another ship to take the cargo off of the Erlking. The other ship's captain will also complain that the order could not be completed, but completes it anyway.

The drones flying off to collect cargo could very well be, but I don't remember where that could have been. I will try to restock cargo drones and see if that works...
I want to put this ship's huge cargo hold to good use on my quest to relieve the other factions of some of their wares, but being unable to offload on it's own is really frustrating.
Definitely disable the cargo drones from collecting dropped crates. They are so slow that the crates will despawn faster than the drones can pick them up, and you'll easily lose them if you aren't paying close attention. I know they are cargo drones but boy....they are SLOW.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 20:58

Ok, I can now confirm that the cargo drones are bugged. I tried to sell them at an equipment dock, but this upgrade remains as "scheduled" without ever finishing. How do I fix this? I have no idea where the drones where released - do I have to fly though the universe just to find them?

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 21:47

Screenshots? Is the shipyard/equipment dock missing wares?

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 21:54

So, I have identified my flagship in my save file:

Code: Select all

<available>
<item macro="ship_gen_xs_cargodrone_empty_01_a_macro" amount="4"/>
<item macro="ship_gen_s_lasertower_01_a_macro" amount="33"/>
<item macro="ship_gen_s_fightingdrone_01_a_macro" amount="10"/>
<item macro="ship_gen_xs_lasertower_01_a_macro" amount="68"/>
<item macro="ship_gen_xs_repairdrone_01_a_macro" amount="6"/>
<item macro="env_deco_nav_beacon_t1_macro" amount="10"/>
<item macro="countermeasure_flares_01_macro" amount="40"/>
<item macro="eq_arg_resourceprobe_01_macro" amount="9"/>
</available>
<unavailable>
<item macro="ship_gen_xs_cargodrone_empty_01_a_macro" amount="4"/>
</unavailable>
This marks my cargo drones as unavailable. I removed the "unavailable" block which fixed my issue:

Sansire
x4

Re: [fixed] "No available cargo drones", but my ship has 4 of them

Post by Sansire » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 20:53

I had the same phenomena on version 6.20 , workaround was to sell the drones in a shipyard, and buying new ones.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [fixed] "No available cargo drones", but my ship has 4 of them

Post by CBJ » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 21:29

Good to know, but I doubt people are still waiting for answers 18 months and several versions later. If you have a report of a problem in the current version, then feel free to start a new thread in Tech Support and provide the information requested at the top of that forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations”