Breakdown of X4's Core issues.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Breakdown of X4's Core issues.

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 16:37

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 15:40
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 23:41
Typically, after starting a new game, I'll start with demolition missions on Xenon stations to get exceptional weapon mod parts
Do anyone but ARG-XEN and TER-XEN War Guilds offer those missions? I'm not in the TER Guild and ARG must be too far from XEN, because I haven't seen any demolition offers from them in a very long time.
ARG do need to own sectors relatively close to the Xenon to provide missions. Worth watching out for opportunities to expand ARG influence if unwilling to work with TER. In my Terran Defector game the Split plot provided a couple of good opportunities for this.

First ARG took control of the Hall of Judgement in Tharka's Ravine XXIV. By eliminating the admin modules on a couple of Split defence platforms & outright destruction of a Split equipment dock I flipped control of the sector to ARG & from that point on get ARG v XEN missions in the region. Split rep consequences were quite high but considered it well worth the cost - don't care about ZYA/RHA rep & the FRF & CUB rep was easy enough to repair. Current map of the region: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1jd5jtch6piz ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Somewhat later a similar situation emerged in Wretched Skies V. This time it was a Split defence platform that changed sides to ARG, again as a consequence of the Split plot. Removal of all other claims to the sector (ZYA, FRF & PAR) once again produced a sector which could provide yet more ARG v XEN missions. That side of the map turned into a really fun campaign against the Xenon, with ARG paying me to demolish numerous Xenon stations, whereupon they'd build their own & take control of each sector. End result: https://www.dropbox.com/s/of5c7jag3frma ... 1.jpg?dl=0

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 17:05

Also, for missions, 2 neighboring sectors can offer different missions. So its good to bounce between s few srctors of the same faction if looking for a particular type of mission.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 22:01

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 17:49
Not needed as the miners are smart enough to mine exactly what is needed based on what is in short supply. The only issues people have with the current system is when they mix some high demand mineables with some very low demand ones and then let the mineable storages fill completely up. Some of the miners end up holding onto the low demand mineables which can be so low demand that the other mineables deplete before they get enough free space to return to mining.
Haha, thanks for pointing it out. Yeah, I noticed they line up holding cargo when the storage is full. Now I know how to fix this issue!
Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 22:31
Literally mentioned in first google result for "X4 intercept command".

I do agree that some sort of tooltip mentioning what it does would be more user friendly.
I did not know this either...
Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 22:31
I just want my Xenon to bother building stations. And maybe bother building ships in more than just Matrix #9...
This depends on the seed that generates the universe...
My Xenon is eating HAT, killing ANT and bothering TEL...
But at some starts they just... Do nothing but kill ZYA...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 02:53

jojorne wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 22:01
Haha, thanks for pointing it out. Yeah, I noticed they line up holding cargo when the storage is full. Now I know how to fix this issue!
To give an example of where it works properly take a computronic substrate factory (cradle of humanity DLC). This consumes a ludicrous amount of ore and silicon. Throw 32 such modules and enough storage to keep them running for a few hours. If not enough solid miners are assigned it will not fill either ore or silicon storages significantly, with both running close to empty. This proves the system is working as the miners must be gathering in exactly the right ratio to produce the computronic substrate rather than over gathering either ore or silicon, filling up the storage significantly.

To give an example of where it does not work properly take a gas processing plant that processes all 3 kinds of gasses with about 32 modules each. This consumes hydrogen, helium and methane to produce anti-matter cells, superfluid coolant and graphene. Both superfluid coolant and graphene are used in huge quantities making common ship building wares. However anti-matter cells are only used in small amounts to make engine components and claytronics. Throw is an excessive number of liquid miners and enough storage so the station can operate for a few hours. What will happen is that the liquid miners will evenly fill up the liquid storage of the station but when they completely fill it up a significant number of them will become stuck holding hydrogen. Due to the very low turn over of anti-matter cells it will take a very long time for enough storage to be made available to unload the hydrogen stuck on these miners. During this time there might not be enough free miners to keep helium and methane stocked causing those storage levels to dip significantly or even completely empty. After enough anti-matter cells are sold to free space to empty the liquid miners of hydrogen the entire factory should return to normal operation, but this might take a very long time and eventually the cycle will repeat itself.

Return to “X4: Foundations”