No scrap from destroyed factories?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skull of Seattle
x4

No scrap from destroyed factories?

Post by Skull of Seattle » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 21:18

ARG and PAR did a bit of cleaning up in Silent Witness, my first sector and home to my recycling plant. I was unaware at the time noone else will settle there; apparently a feature not a bug.
However, I thought at least my Manticors don't have to fly so far for scrap once I get a couple of Teutas to dismantle those heaps of metal floating around. But they won't touch those remains, and I can't even select them in sector, so there seems to be no scrap value attached. Am I missing something? Is scrapping utterly pointless?
I'm not touching the Avarice sectors with a 10-foot pole. Too many lives lost already.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No scrap from destroyed factories?

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 21:26

Skull of Seattle wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 21:18
ARG and PAR did a bit of cleaning up in Silent Witness, my first sector and home to my recycling plant. I was unaware at the time noone else will settle there; apparently a feature not a bug.
However, I thought at least my Manticors don't have to fly so far for scrap once I get a couple of Teutas to dismantle those heaps of metal floating around. But they won't touch those remains, and I can't even select them in sector, so there seems to be no scrap value attached. Am I missing something? Is scrapping utterly pointless?
I think this is a known issue that is already fixed for a future update. Some scrap fields are not working or spawning wrecks to salvage in low attention correctly.

If a sector mentions scrap as a raw resource under information view then it should have scrap. If it does not then the sector should not have scrap. Some sectors might have debris fields but not scrap, in which case do not try to salvage there. Always check the information window if you want to know what will happen in low attention.
Skull of Seattle wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 21:18
I'm not touching the Avarice sectors with a 10-foot pole. Too many lives lost already.
Placing your recycling station as close to the exit gate as possible seems reasonably reliable at keeping your salvages alive. The tide mostly gets ships that fly further into Avarice. Using chassis hazard reduction mods can solve this issue as well, at least for M and larger ships.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 13:21

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 21:26
Placing your recycling station as close to the exit gate as possible seems reasonably reliable at keeping your salvages alive. The tide mostly gets ships that fly further into Avarice. Using chassic hazard reduction mods can solve this issue as well, at least for M and larger ships.
Adding to this, you can farm purple chassis mods in Pious Mists IV & XI from BUC. They drop them rather often (other parts too, but they're much rarer) and their reputation is fixed, so nobody cares if you kill them.
Just park a carrier full of fighters in the middle of the sector with fire override orders to kill BUC on sight and set up a looter on repeat orders and you get dozens of them without lifting a finger.

You can easily afford to slap some purple hazard protection mods on your salvagers (or anything else, really) with that. Most of my L or larger ships have purple chassis mods now.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 15:33

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 21:26
Placing your recycling station as close to the exit gate as possible seems reasonably reliable at keeping your salvages alive. The tide mostly gets ships that fly further into Avarice. Using chassic hazard reduction mods can solve this issue as well, at least for M and larger ships.
Yeah, my first station in avarice was about half way between the two gates. I lost many ships that i probably could have kept alive if i was much closee to windfall gate.

Though i mainly play modded now, i have a sunlight mod that actually makes salvage a little more feasible outside avarice.

I wont ever build in avarice again until the warning system gets upgraded. Sadly ill just fully ignore that region.

Hell, id even take a command i could issue myself to a station which is a halt command, or wait, which pauses their current task, for all ships. If i could do it manually, send a halt to all subordinates, that would at least be semi helpful. But having to park a ship in avarice near the gate just to know when a tide is coming is annoying. If rhe sector border or background changed color, or a red message/email or something appeared... anything is better than just checking on my ships in the area to see if they evacuated, to know.

I wonder if there are any mods that change the tide times, like every 6 hours or 12 hours. Ill have to look...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 21:00

blackphoenixx wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 13:21
Adding to this, you can farm purple chassis mods in Pious Mists IV & XI from BUC. They drop them rather often (other parts too, but they're much rarer) and their reputation is fixed, so nobody cares if you kill them.
Just park a carrier full of fighters in the middle of the sector with fire override orders to kill BUC on sight and set up a looter on repeat orders and you get dozens of them without lifting a finger.

You can easily afford to slap some purple hazard protection mods on your salvagers (or anything else, really) with that. Most of my L or larger ships have purple chassis mods now.
Even better if you upgrade them to TEM. Since then they suicide huge fleets into other Paranid elite fleets. Can get dozens of exceptional chassis mods an hour this way. If only the others were this common...

Return to “X4: Foundations”