Trade Subscription Reputation Loss

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Azmodeous

Trade Subscription Reputation Loss

Post by Azmodeous » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 17:37

If I get to 20+ rep with a faction, buy the trade subscription and then go below the 20 rep requirement, it’s my understanding that you lose the trade subscription. However, if I bring it back up to 20+ after this happens, do I need to pay for the trade subscription a second time or does it automatically activate?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Trade Subscription Reputation Loss

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 23:10

Azmodeous wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 17:37
do I need to pay for the trade subscription a second time or does it automatically activate?
You will need to pay for it again. You can avoid this by raising the reputation a lot above 20 so that you need to destroy a considerable amount to fall down below 20 reputation. 30 reputation is tens times as much reputation as 20 reputation so you can lose effectively 0 to 20 worth of reputation 9 times before falling below 20 reputation. That is a lot of ships and even stations destroyed.

Azmodeous

Re: Trade Subscription Reputation Loss

Post by Azmodeous » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 00:25

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 23:10
Azmodeous wrote:
Wed, 3. Aug 22, 17:37
do I need to pay for the trade subscription a second time or does it automatically activate?
You will need to pay for it again. You can avoid this by raising the reputation a lot above 20 so that you need to destroy a considerable amount to fall down below 20 reputation. 30 reputation is tens times as much reputation as 20 reputation so you can lose effectively 0 to 20 worth of reputation 9 times before falling below 20 reputation. That is a lot of ships and even stations destroyed.
Interesting, thanks! I knew it got harder to get rep the higher it went but I guess losing rep follows the same logic.

Return to “X4: Foundations”