Missing vital information for Station Design Simulator

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

Missing vital information for Station Design Simulator

Post by jojorne » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 22:49

I don't have the volume of the products or the container information anywhere (not even the ingame wiki) to be able to calculate how many storage the station will need. Nor do I have useful information on the total workforce needed to build habitation modules (there is only the bottom middle information when selecting a module to put in the simulator).

Also, switching from the "Station configuration" tab to "Logical station overview" resets the Station Configuration Production Modules filter which makes me have to redo the filter every time I change tabs.
Last edited by jojorne on Thu, 4. Aug 22, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

grapedog
x4

Re: Missing vital information for Station Design Simulator

Post by grapedog » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 06:37

Storage will fit the starion. If your station makes 8 wares total in its production chain, it will allocate space to each ware. You can then manually tweak the numbers. For example, in a station that produces everything it needs internally, for ECells and Food/meds, ill see what it consumes in 1 hour with all modules built, and then adjust storage for 2x one hours consumption. Then ill watch it for a while. Ill adjust storage as needed from there. Typically though ill start with 1 L container, which holds quite a lot if you're not excessively over-producing beginning and middle wares.

I, 99% of the time, leave my pricing automatic. Too large a storage and you'll always be trying to sell very high as you never get past close to empty, so the prices are high. Too little storage and you're almost always full, and prices are always selling low. I aim for the middle. But for each station that is different. As you build more stations, you'll figure out what works for you. I start with less storage, and add some if needed

For habitation, once all the modules have been placed in the construction plan, the workforce drop down on the logical overview should show you how many workers you need for ir to run at maximum efficiency. Like a recommended workforce.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 14:24

grapedog wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 06:37
ill see what it consumes in 1 hour with all modules built, and then adjust storage for 2x one hours consumption. Then ill watch it for a while.

For habitation, once all the modules have been placed in the construction plan, the workforce drop down on the logical overview should show you how many workers you need for ir to run at maximum efficiency. Like a recommended workforce.
Thanks, these are all good information that we do ingame. But like I said, all this information is missing in New Game > Station Design Simulation.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 14:36

Oh! And by the way, the Station Design Simulation shares the autosave with your game! So be careful if you don't have the habit of saving the game manually because you could lose your progress (now whether it loses or not, I haven't tested it yet tho).

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 18:10

jojorne wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 14:24
grapedog wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 06:37
ill see what it consumes in 1 hour with all modules built, and then adjust storage for 2x one hours consumption. Then ill watch it for a while.

Thanks, these are all good information that we do ingame. But like I said, all this information is missing in New Game > Station Design Simulation.
Fair points, i misunderstood your original post. Unfortunately I have not used that simulator, and can't offer much info. Im not sure there would be any way to give useful info about storage, but certainly workforce projections should be something that could be added and be very useful.

Return to “X4: Foundations”