Internal Storage woes

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Prophet1
x4

Internal Storage woes

Post by Prophet1 » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 03:56

My ship is stuck in internal storage. I'm standing on the dock, and storage will not release it. This doesn't come up too often, but it's really annoying when it does. C'mon Egosoft, making stations with only a single small dock having one M size bay causes problems and frustration.
No glory for you!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Internal Storage woes

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 04:49

The ship cannot be retrieved from internal storage while the dock is in use, such as if a NPC ship is in the process of docking with it. Calling it to the dock should give it priority use of the dock so be retrieved as soon as the dock is available. Otherwise order the ship to undock and it should eventually be retrieved and undock. You can then either teleport to it, or space walk to it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 14:59

Also, although very likely irrelevant in this case, you cannot recall an M ship at an S docking pad control panel.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 15:12

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 04:49
The ship cannot be retrieved from internal storage while the dock is in use, such as if a NPC ship is in the process of docking with it. Calling it to the dock should give it priority use of the dock so be retrieved as soon as the dock is available. Otherwise order the ship to undock and it should eventually be retrieved and undock. You can then either teleport to it, or space walk to it.
Yeah, this is what I usually do, and in this instance teleported to another ship, but didn't really want to. No other ship was docked/docking, and I should have been able to recall using the dock terminal but the option was grayed out. Very annoying. Well, it's out now.
I teleported to another ship in this instance, but really didn't want to.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 14:59
Also, although very likely irrelevant in this case, you cannot recall an M ship at an S docking pad control panel.

Thanks for this Alan. I hadn't realized that.
No glory for you!

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 15:46

I've been having similar issues where I call to dock my M ship only for it to immediately be sent back down. The entire station is empty (got 33 M docks available). Imma post in Tech forum once it happens again so I can save when it happens and hopefully produces upon reload.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 21:42

Duncaroos wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 15:46
I've been having similar issues where I call to dock my M ship only for it to immediately be sent back down. The entire station is empty (got 33 M docks available). Imma post in Tech forum once it happens again so I can save when it happens and hopefully produces upon reload.
I've also had that bug.
No glory for you!

Return to “X4: Foundations”