Missile capacity should be based on number of missile launchers

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

Re: Missile capacity should be based on number of missile launchers

Post by S!rAssassin » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 19:43

M-ships should have at least twice capacity of shields and hull points. M too easy to get killed by S-ships and L-turrets. More survivability needed.
Then M can take bomber role. Else, S - more profitable bomber.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 00:33

The biggest problem with missiles is that:

1) AI fighters do not shoot at other fighters and M!
Pilots with 3-5 stars sometimes shoot (only on holidays =) )
M and larger ships fire missiles at all targets with no problem
(Conducted tests of a chimera with x5 torpedo launchers, and realized that fighters do not always use all launchers in a salvo)

2) AI does not know how to choose which missile is better to shoot depending on the target, just shoot according to the list, this kills the versatility of missiles (Different missiles are effective against different targets)!
As an option, make a separate global setting for the use of missiles for each class of ships, and personal for each ship. In which the player himself will set the permission to use missiles for different classes of ships.

3) The AI ​​does not take into account how many missiles are already flying at the target, and spam them until the target is destroyed, a terrible waste of ammo!
make a setting for the ship, how many missiles at one target it can launch at the same time.
Or a more complex one. make a calculation of how many missiles flies to the target (total damage and residual HP of the target) and, based on this, decide whether to launch another missile

4) To reload a missile destroyer (Split with 1400 missiles) you need to spend an entire hold of a supply ship =_=
It is necessary to make a separate hold for Supply Ships and Aircraft Carriers for ready-made equipment such as drones, missiles, mines, satellites with a total volume, each missile needs to be given its own volume (rocket launchers / turrets should also be done)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 07:35

abc0000 wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 00:33
4) To reload a missile destroyer (Split with 1400 missiles) you need to spend an entire hold of a supply ship =_=
It is necessary to make a separate hold for Supply Ships and Aircraft Carriers for ready-made equipment such as drones, missiles, mines, satellites with a total volume, each missile needs to be given its own volume (rocket launchers / turrets should also be done)
It doesn't help, that there is no torpedo turrets, so you have to load 1400 weak missiles and use like 900 to kill one small station :(

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 00:25

Why is there even missile capacity in the game? I'm not aware that npc or player fleets can very effectively maintain missiles or parts. Why not merely balance the game around launchers being another standard turret/weapon with homing? The re-fire rate and damage would obviously need tweaked. Missiles already have a direct counter with countermeasures, leaving them disadvantaged. Other projectiles have an unlimited supply of shooting as well. Matter or energy from nothing seems to be reasonable from the x universe. Why can't it be applied to missiles?

Belphegor2_3
x4

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 08:49

Aaaah Missiles !
The annoying trigger happy opponents and all that.
First, the current way the missile capacity of ships is done looks fine to me. I could understand that a mounted missile launcher would need one or two missile capacity increase, but no more. These are launchers, not cargo bays.

In, previous games and up to now in X4 (but I may change my mind if i find torpedos usefull) I tend to consider ammo weapons as loss of profitsss for me, and only product them for sale. This is not a matter of efficiency, as missiles are really deadly in many versions. This is not a matter of pleasure (seing a swarm of multi head missiles converging on their prey is beautifull) but of waste of ressource: if you can reach the target with a free plasma, why sending an expensive missile ?

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 11:08

Belphegor2_3 wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 08:49
In, previous games and up to now in X4 (but I may change my mind if i find torpedos usefull) I tend to consider ammo weapons as loss of profitsss for me, and only product them for sale. This is not a matter of efficiency, as missiles are really deadly in many versions. This is not a matter of pleasure (seing a swarm of multi head missiles converging on their prey is beautifull) but of waste of ressource: if you can reach the target with a free plasma, why sending an expensive missile ?
I agree, though it's more a matter of convenience for me.
However, with the weaker turrets in X4, I'll say they are actually worthwhile now as missile turrets... Excepting the fact you can run out your stores in less than 60 seconds which is their main issue.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 23:02

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 07:35
abc0000 wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 00:33
It doesn't help, that there is no torpedo turrets, so you have to load 1400 weak missiles and use like 900 to kill one small station :(
for a destroyer Heavy cluster missiles can be loaded against stations that have 12k damage each. against other ships I load light unguided or split *rocket-shotgun* =)

The funny thing is that there is a rocket for every situation, but AI is not able to use it. and even in manual mode, he cannot be told which missiles to shoot and at whom

Return to “X4: Foundations”