Turning a long-cherished idea into reality: Secure your exclusive Baby Boron Plushie!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xenoncore123
x4

Re: Turning a long-cherished idea into reality: Secure your exclusive Baby Boron Plushie!

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 14:43

linolafett wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 09:54
xenoncore123 wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 02:06
If i were to guess, it's marketing account by Egosoft.
I am pretty sure, that the only PR person here in the office (Greg) has better things to do, than to push with an alternate account his own marketing material.
Meh
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

King Henry VIII- Tudors TV series

My virtual presence. Depressing isn't it ? :P
https://linktr.ee/scarrior

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Turning a long-cherished idea into reality: Secure your exclusive Baby Boron Plushie!

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 15:15

I'm sure that Gregory the Egosoft PR guy might get into trouble if it became known that an alter ego account of his (that fits rather nicely! :) ) was asking Egosoft in public to put some effort into the state of the in-game encyclopaedia. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 16:12

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 15:15
I'm sure that Gregory the Egosoft PR guy might get into trouble if it became known that an alter ego account of his (that fits rather nicely! :) ) was asking Egosoft in public to put some effort into the state of the in-game encyclopaedia. :D
That actually made me chuckle, 'god damn it Greg! What have i told you about bashing our Encylopedia!' but in German :)
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 16:53

Hmm, I might not have an eye for art, but I don't see any boron, just some random pokemon here :D

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 17:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 16:53
Hmm, I might not have an eye for art, but I don't see any boron, just some random pokemon here :D
It's a Cthulu cow, the tits are definitely on show.

Greg told me that they were not going to change their minds about the design, so this part is unhelpful and should be ignored. Not going to bash something Egosoft feels strongly about and doing so on a forum of hardcore veterans (Me included) isn't going to go well. So i support them completely, but i am not buying one. I will disclose it as a spoiler, because i don't like deleting information.
Spoiler
Show
I do a lot of business from China for my store, and i can tell you now. That thing is being manufactured in some sweat shop in ghongzhou. :lol:
One thing that gives it away is that Chinese manufacturers require a minimum order limit. Otherwise they don't make any profit. If you made £1 per coca cola bottle you sold, but you had to travel 30 miles to deliver it each time, it would be unprofitable. So you put a minimum order of 1,000 bottles. I wanted to order 100 units of my own brand of perfume for my shop, but they wanted me to put a downpayment for 2,000 units. When i enquired, they said it would not be profitable for them.

Also the fact the website collects your email is also concerning, and was a big nope in my book.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES.

We will share information within the Makeship group of companies.

We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with global vendors who help us manage our online registration process or fulfill your purchases.

We will share information with our business partners. This includes third parties who offer deals and promotions. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies, which are to be assessed by you.

We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.

We may share information with any successor to all or a part of our business. For example, if a part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as a part of that transaction.

We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. Our customers will be informed before we do this
^ So basically all of China and India. When they say business partner, they infact mean anyone who pays them for your email.

Sorry to drag on, but another thing is that they are committed to being eco friendly. Yet they are a Chinese company? (I just looked, they are a Chinese shell company, and they do export from Shenzhen)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Makeship/comme ... come_from/

Now, not saying all Chinese manufacturers are bad, some have been a pleasure to deal with and some have been an actual living nightmare, however this company "Makeship" even although it's a big name, doesn't justify it's practices. It's a middle man company, and as a middleman myself as owner of a logistics company i am telling you to cut out the middleman. Honestly Egosoft, make a page and hire a supplier from China who you know can give you a fair and decent price with good quality. Might be a controversial statement to say, but my experience selling jewellery you can get good quality items made for a very good price. You can get them made for £3 each and with £1 shipping for each unit. After VAT and import fees you are looking at £5 per unit. You could get them shipped to Germany and dispatch them from your studio (assuming you have a large warehouse). You could buy five thousand units for £20,000 and sell them for £13 with an international shipping fee of £6 (£19.99 Total). So after selling them you can have a total profit of £50,000 - 15% German Corporation tax = £42,500.

I mean honestly, think about it. You are using a Canadian store to buying chinese products. Think of it like a pyramid scheme. China at the top, Makeship on the 2nd tier, Egosoft on the 3rd tier, and consumer at the bottom tier.

I'll send greg a link to a supplier, and if Egosoft said openly that they cancelled the Marketing campaign because they were not satisfied with the manufacturer or their costs, i guarantee your customers will love you for it. (in my experience anyway, no idea about a software company).

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 07:23

xenoncore123 wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 02:06
ZeroAffex wrote:
Tue, 17. Jan 23, 02:39
I can't wait to purchase one! OMG so adorable :> Might even try for 2! One for on my bed and another for my office on the bookcase. Hopefully we can get some more opportunities like this to purchase other X series collectables in the future. There's so many things I've love to have to decorate with like posters, statues, lamps, mousepads, coffee cups, ect. Ohhhh maybe an zip up hoodie with different colors/faction logo's so we can represent our favorites? The possibilities!!! Haha. 2023 is shaping up to be an amazing year for this game. Thank you for everything gentle devs. Much love!
I support the developers, but your account and the posts you have made are suspicious. If i were to guess, it's marketing account by Egosoft. You joined in 2020 yet you only ever made five posts, every post of which sponsors or endorses something Egosoft have done/did.

Also the plushie is horribly ugly. Looks like Cthulu cow, it even has tits.
Sorry to burst your bubble! Made me laugh at the responses that followed this too. Hilarious! I feel bad that I was getting poor Gregory in some trouble too LOL.. How embarrassing.. Sorry Gregory! Was not my intentions :roll:

I am just an avid, maybe at times overly zealous fan that up until recently never used the forums :D I hang around quite often on the Steam discussions but came here because I wanted to be able to express myself to the devs both in my appreciation for their game and with some suggestions for it without having to fight off the few bad apples that hang around on Steam that go into every thread and bring negativity that just ruins it for me. So that's why I am here now all of a sudden after having made my account in 2020.

I like it here! A lot more than I realized I would. At first I planned to just post 1 thing (books/encyclopedia stuff) and be done but I've found that the waters are calmer, people here more sensible and polite. I don't feel like I need a bath after I engage with people here. I even see a dev or two occasionally and get all giddy at that. It's been a real treat and I kick myself for not doing the forums sooner.

I do love Egosoft wholeheartedly though for the many years and countless hours of enjoyment their games have brought me that no other game or studio ever has but I am by no means associated with them or on their payroll. I've been dealt a bad hand in life like many others in the world and their games allow me to fully escape, even if it's short-lived to this amazing universe brimming with interesting lore, full of endless possibilities and so many things to work on and explore. They're my favorite gaming studio hands down but I am guilty of maybe getting a bit carried away at times with my excitement or admirations when talking about them or their games. I also like being a positive upbeat person but sometimes people see it as fake or that I am weak, unfortunately it's just who I am.

I will try to dial it back because I don't want to make people resent them over the things I say or worse.. think I am an undercover PR guy or dev like you thought which is kinda hilarious but at the same time unnerving because they are really good, hard working honest folks and it would crush me to bring them shame.

X4 is such just a massive part of my life anymore and is all I play these days. Egosoft is the only company to bring me the same level of enjoyment I used to get from games as a child, having butterflies in the stomach, full of excitment when I get to sit down and play, all of which I thought I lost because I got older. Turns out, just hard to find good games anymore lol. When I am not playing an X4, I am laying in bed thinking about it. It's always on my mind :D

Anyways, sorry for weirding people out. I am pretty good at that. My intentions were pure and I never meant to bring negative light on my favorite studio or poor Gregory or upset anyone :D
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 07:50

This is exactly what I would write if I had a second account!1 :P

Welcome to the forums, no need to apologize :wink:
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 12:57

@Gregory :D

---

Sooo... ETA till baby boron order time: 3 days

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:47

Plushie bad idea, plus looks nowt like a boron.

As said elsewhere, a mug with a cool logo on or a set of mugs to choose from with a boron on one a split on the other etc would be more popular, tho a ship model like ud get in say the collectors edition of homeworld 3 coming soon. Would be cooler.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:50

@ Skeeter: How do you know exactly what a baby Boron looks like? Is there something that you haven't been telling us? .... :gruebel:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:11

Boron and Cthulu cow are clearly different -- the latter is not evil and devious. :P
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 21:54

Soo... about that baby boron ... :lol:

Spoiler
Show

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 22:02

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 21:54
Baby borons are well known to be a delicious cuisine seldomly enjoyed by Elite members of the Split Families. They are through tradition of war, usually eaten as ceremonial commemoration to celebrate either a great battle against the Boron, or as a foreshadowing ceremony to highlight the likely and almost certain likelyhood of a war between the aquatic species. Some Boron species ideally from the northern and southern poles of their homeworld develop toxic glands. This makes them a risky but even more delicious commodity to a Split who likes to take risky suicidal endevours.

Split like to eat baby Borons alive while screaming. A common sight on split starships are the rustic aquatic tanks that hold the young scattered through dimly lit corridors, however the tanks themselves are adeptly clean and facilitate the feeding of the baby Boron inside. This is no doubt of the Splits fondness and delicacy towards delicate cuisine.

To date, an esteemed Boron of Boron society has never set foot on a Split starship out of the sheer emotional panic of seeing one of it's probable relatives being held in such a delinquished and negligent state unworthy of their race's intellingual intellect.

Basically from what i wrote, you will get more creditssss from selling it to the split as a unique deformed boron. You could even say it's super rare cuisine, you could even milk it for Boron milk :)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:19

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 21:54
... let's go order them!

Spoiler
Show

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:22

The crowdfunding campaign for the Baby Boron Plush is now live: makeship.com
Thanks for the support :)

baby-boron-newsletter_big.png

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:25

KextV8 wrote:
Tue, 17. Jan 23, 20:28
:O Someone please quote me or dm me on release day. I'm likely to forget between now and then but I do check the forum daily!
I hereby declare you reminded of the stuffed animal! :D
Gregory wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 14:43
linolafett wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 09:54
Could one of you please explain the 34$ option? "Production design"? Maybe I am blind but I can't find it in the description. Does the fluffines depend on the amount spend?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:38

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:25
Could one of you please explain the 34$ option? "Production design"? Maybe I am blind but I can't find it in the description. Does the fluffines depend on the amount spend?
Would be good to know - I added this variant as well for good measure :oops:

Spoiler
Show

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:40

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 19:25
No effect on fluffiness :D It just adds a digital file that gives you the schematics of the plush, including colors used, dimensions etc. Think of it as the Plush blueprint. I'd say it's only really attractive to plush enthusiasts, or of course if you want to support us even more :)

Here's their official description: https://support.makeship.com/hc/en-us/a ... ct-Design-

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 20:15

[X2: The Threat Betty Voice]: Baby Boron Plushie ...bought. (3 Times)

Totally worth it, and honestly, you guys deserve the money. :wink:
I can't wait to have them around my house. :)

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 20:29

As soon as i saw the image my mind immediately sprang to Cthulu plushy...
Soo what that means is ...

baby boron = baby cthulu
ancient boron = real cthulu?

This is exciting :mrgreen:
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X4: Foundations”