ZYA Split War Forge in 6.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

ZYA Split War Forge in 6.0

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 23:58

I noticed this just now, was wondering if it was new in the 6.0 beta. Basically it is just an XL sized shipyard. I think the idea behind it is that since it is a shipyard capable of only making XL sized ships, it will be much more likely for the Split to be able to crank out Raptors, rather than having to compete for resources at shipyards that make smaller L sized ships, which may prevent the Raptors from being built at all.

LameFox
x4

Re: ZYA Split War Forge in 6.0

Post by LameFox » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 06:10

Seems reasonable. I recall at some point someone was having issues with their ZYA shipyard not even having enough capacity to build a raptor when fully supplied.
***modified***

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 10:25

I haven't installed 6.0b1 yet but this is great news! Reading the last few months about how ZYA are always doomed. On my recent re-start I committed myself to saving some slavers. I had 16+ boa's on repeat orders hoovering up hull parts (and other shortages) from all over the galaxy and it still took an eternity before I could get their shipyard to birth a Raptor. They produced a constant flow of Rattlers making it near impossible to get the Raptor started.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 03:00

Yes that was the idea behind it. In many test we had noticed that not one Raptor was being build, not just because it was competing with smaller ships. The idea for a dedicated Raptor Shipyard also kinda fits the Split mantra and so it was thought to be fun while also serve a purpose. This alone does not really impact much on the ZYA survival but it at least increases the chance for players starting new game to actually encounter a ZYA Raptor flying about, since even after cranking up their numbers they would die to Xenon I's way to fast.

IN addition to the War Forge there are other small improvements to jobs, regions (Two Grand... hint hint) and stellar output to help ZYA survive at least for a longer while. Still the pressure is very high and so depending on how things evolve it can vary from not losing any systems and "only" holding on to the "eastern" group, but we hope to have reached a point where its reasonable.

MFG

Ketraar

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 14:11

Ketraar wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 03:00
Yes that was the idea behind it. In many test we had noticed that not one Raptor was being build, not just because it was competing with smaller ships. The idea for a dedicated Raptor Shipyard also kinda fits the Split mantra and so it was thought to be fun while also serve a purpose. This alone does not really impact much on the ZYA survival but it at least increases the chance for players starting new game to actually encounter a ZYA Raptor flying about, since even after cranking up their numbers they would die to Xenon I's way to fast.

IN addition to the War Forge there are other small improvements to jobs, regions (Two Grand... hint hint) and stellar output to help ZYA survive at least for a longer while. Still the pressure is very high and so depending on how things evolve it can vary from not losing any systems and "only" holding on to the "eastern" group, but we hope to have reached a point where its reasonable.

MFG

Ketraar
I wouldn't mind if each faction had their own dedicated XL shipyard. We might see more carriers from every faction if this was the case.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 18:31

Ketraar wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 03:00

MFG

Ketraar
- I'm not prepare to start anew for "just" a shipyard, is the other improvements might help them too in a pre 6.0 save?
- If I understand correctly one changes is that the ZYA will now have a new shipyard from start, are they able to building it in a "in-progress" save?

I was focusing my attention on Hatikvah's Choice I but I thinks I will take a closer look at the ZYA sectors too, just in case :D
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 21:25

Loltak wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 18:31

- I'm not prepare to start anew for "just" a shipyard, is the other improvements might help them too in a pre 6.0 save?
- If I understand correctly one changes is that the ZYA will now have a new shipyard from start, are they able to building it in a "in-progress" save?

I was focusing my attention on Hatikvah's Choice I but I thinks I will take a closer look at the ZYA sectors too, just in case :D
There's also an new resource field in Open Market (previously there was none). Together with the Family Nhuut rapid replenishing resource field, it should keep the Split afloat should Family Zhin & Family Kritt fall & allow them to give them a fighting chance to retake those sectors.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 07:51

Great, it will give me some time to prepare if need, perhaps even finish the plot.
For now they seems OK.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 08:29

Thing is a new xl shipyard won’t help the split because they still need the materials to build raptors…

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 11:03

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 08:29
Thing is a new xl shipyard won’t help the split because they still need the materials to build raptors…
Have you looked at the War Forge yet? Also as mentioned above its not the only thing that was adjusted. So yes we are aware that just smacking an additional shipyard would not solve much. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 11:10

Will the war forge be build in existing save, you it's needed to start fresh game for it to appear?

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 11:51

rene6740 wrote:
Afaik initial placement of defense station also improved, keeping them afloat for probably alot longer as i noticed in my fresh 6.0 playthrough

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 13:00

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 11:03
rene6740 wrote:
Have you looked at the War Forge yet? Also as mentioned above its not the only thing that was adjusted. So yes we are aware that just smacking an additional shipyard would not solve much. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar
Since that change is NOT savegame compatible and requires a new game, I haven’t had a closer look to what exactly changes for ZYA. But from my previous observations, even if you keep ZYA safe from Xenon, they weren’t really able to push into xenon sectors without help. They just lack freighters to move wares around.
Unfortunately, providing ship building as a player for ZYA doesn’t solve it either since factions don’t seem to prioritize keeping their trader numbers up to their quota and still order 9 out of 10 combat ships.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 16:46

rene6740 wrote:
The war forge is not just an XL shipyard, it also has graphene, refined metal, and hull part production attached to it.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 17:04

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 16:46
rene6740 wrote:
The war forge is not just an XL shipyard, it also has graphene, refined metal, and hull part production attached to it.
Oooh... Can't wait to see how it looks. I generally like how shipyards and wharves look and wonder if Egosoft succeeded in making something aesthetically pleasing out of it instead of a mess.

Azyrul
x4

Post by Azyrul » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 19:49

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 11:03
rene6740 wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
I was very impress by the new War Forge design Shipyard. It's a small change but will make the Shipyard so much effective. Since I never build MegaFactory, I plan to "steal" it for my future L/XL shipyard as well.

Weez
x4

Post by Weez » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:39

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 21:25
Loltak wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 18:31

There's also an new resource field in Open Market (previously there was none). Together with the Family Nhuut rapid replenishing resource field, it should keep the Split afloat should Family Zhin & Family Kritt fall & allow them to give them a fighting chance to retake those sectors.
Wait, does this new field also appear in older saves? Because there is none in my game and the encyclopedia also does not lies any ressources in Open Market.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 09:43

Yeah, I see no resource field in Open Market, unless maybe it's well out in the middle of nowhere my scouts didn't go. But this start was made in the beta a few days before release, maybe I missed it? :gruebel: I have never actually checked whether resource fields can be added to existing saves. I assumed that they could, to maintain compatibility for very old games people still play.
***modified***

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:33

LameFox wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 09:43
Yeah, I see no resource field in Open Market, unless maybe it's well out in the middle of nowhere my scouts didn't go. But this start was made in the beta a few days before release, maybe I missed it? :gruebel: I have never actually checked whether resource fields can be added to existing saves. I assumed that they could, to maintain compatibility for very old games people still play.
I don't see any resources in Open Market in my new beta 6 save either, despite uncovering everything within the original sector borders. No NPC miners going off-map either.
There is a resource field one sector over in Two Grand, but i'm not sure if that's new or not.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 16:55

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 06:10
Seems reasonable. I recall at some point someone was having issues with their ZYA shipyard not even having enough capacity to build a raptor when fully supplied.
oO that was me :P
and yes u are right, but it was the free family shipyard.

this shipyard with the raptor ( the war forge ) dosent change anything after all.. it get detroyed like every other station :P

Return to “X4: Foundations”