Incorporate "Reactive Docking" and "Custom Tabs" (or Ego equivalents) to base-game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Manawydn
x4

Incorporate "Reactive Docking" and "Custom Tabs" (or Ego equivalents) to base-game

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 21:54

Title, basically. X4 is sorely lacking when it comes to late-game logistics. Namely, that things tend to not scale up with quantity of assets out on the playing field. Though not a complete solution in it's self, Reactive Docking allows those of us who want subordinates to be neatly tucked away while not performing duties to do just that. Get off the map, and marginally help performance by not constantly updating "follow/defense" commands. Host ship can call the subordinates when needed. Ships that can't dock to host will of course be exempt. This setting likewise needs to be selectable/savable in the ship building UI, so that we can "fire and forget" with ships more easily, and should likewise be a setting in Global Commands as well. All Globals should be alterable/savable per-ship in the ship-building UI as a part of our savable loadouts. This will allow us to mass produce on a more granular scale rather than the current meta of manually changing a ship's settings after it has been created, saving time, and reducing the chances of giving up on a save due to ever increasing logistical overhead. It would also allow us to mass-update ships by sending them to a Shipyard, Wharf, or Equipment Dock and update/load a different loadout.

Custom Tabs allows up to 3 additional tabs that the player can customize. One of the biggest issues I have with X4 is the inability to create my own rules of organization/engagement. We have some pre-generated property tabs, but I never use them because they don't organize things the way I would like them to be. It is much simpler to just move a piece of property to a custom tab and call it a day. Personally, my custom tabs (when running the mod) go as follows - "Operations" "Empire Logistics" "Civilian Infrastructure". This allows me to clear up the clutter from my primary "Stations and all Ships" tab leaving it viable to use for only my most selected/important assets. One may try and counter-argue that "it's too many tabs" which I would say just give us the option to add/remove them in settings and call it a day. Those who don't want them can remove them from the UI, those who do will have them available. Alternatively, just let us create customized rules for tabs, which would have a similar effect.

Return to “X4: Foundations”