Some questions for BETA users

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Some questions for BETA users

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 20:28

Have you tried to start a new game with the BETA?

And if you did, did you try the "traditional" starts, except of the two Terran and the Accomplished Explorer of course, that start the PHQ quest differently and The Accomplished Explorer alreaady has it?

How many Stations with active signals did you have to scan to find a signal that you can reach to get Boso?

My average is 4, with 2 my best and 5 the worst.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Some questions for BETA users

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 21:37

started smugglers new game so had to scan leaks, first one was hq mission
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 22:39

Smuggler's Paradise. As usual I look for Boso at the ALI Shipyard in Sacred Relic. Took me a litlle bit longer to spot the signal leak, but the first one was Boso.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:20

The first is almost always Boso, what I was asking was how many stations you have to TRY to get to a leak so that Boso will appear, since in BETA 6 the collision boxes of the Stations do not easily allow spacesuits that have to get close or even the player piloting their ship.

Many times I wish I were an NPC so that I could just pass through them!!!

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:45

Well there is going to be more than just this single Beta release of 6.00 so if the collision boxes have caused problems and have been reported it may be fixed on the next beta release.
I'm waiting till the next beta version is released to recheck woodworm scrubs.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 02:58

Capt. Collins posted a video today covering some of the new beta things and he mentioned that we can assign different logos to different fleets. Is that just a fleet thing, or can it also be done with stations and all their subordinates? I think it would be great fun to have a station that just makes food for surrounding stations and give all the trade ships coming from there some fast-food logo. (Probably Taco Bell, given the whole 3 shells thing from X Rebirth.)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations”