question about this new fleet orders for sub ordinates

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Halpog
x4

question about this new fleet orders for sub ordinates

Post by Halpog » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 07:31

will it be possible too, to have 1 miner as fleet and 90 subordinates now with different orders for mining ?
because so far when we have 100 miners , the list of the ships is verry long.. and so far it wasent possible to collect all miners to a fleet and than let them mining.
or did i miss something now ?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: question about this new fleet orders for sub ordinates

Post by CBJ » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 11:14

I don't understand the question, and I'm also not sure what new 6.00 feature this relates to. Please explain.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 15:00

i'm guessing he doesn't know about fleet Mimic.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 16:55

what i mean is.. when i have 100 miners ...i have 100 ships in the list ..
when i take now 99 miners and make 1 fleet out of them .. i have 1 miner in the list ...
so when i do that , this 99 miners dont start mining ...since i can set them only to attack , defend or copy the commanders order ...

the question is now
is it possible to set 10 miners of this fleet to mine ore, and 10 to mine silicon or ice ?
or can i set them to local mining in a sector regardless of what the "commander " is doing ?

debstar2610
x4

Post by debstar2610 » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 17:53

You mean using some kind of 'folder' to group ships?

Actually I use fleet and mimic command to organize my miners. Or a station mining hub.

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:50

I mean I have close a 100 miners right now and have them just assigned to 'mine for commander' at my stations and let my managers decide who needs to mine what. Obviously if you are mining for resources but down own stations to use them and are sending them off to AI owned stations, then yeah, I'd probably have several fleets created with 1 miner setup with a repeat order or automine for a single resource, then assign a bunch under them as a 'mimic commander'. You then can rename the fleet to help organize yourself and rinse and repeat. I don't think you can make a fleet of 100 and have a bunch of them mining different materials if that's what you want (unless I am mistaken).
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 21:06

well in some gameplays, i dont use any station myself i get miners tell them to mine automaticly in a sector and sell the ores in this sector...at this way i " support" an npc faction.....
if i realy wanna push a faction i just use a mining hub with 100 miners.. and use 20 miners as trader to sell the ores to the factions ..
its anyway ending up in the same problem ....
there is no way to have a propper mining fleet where u can assign different orders to different miners inside a fleet...
the same goes for fighters ...
there is no way to tell a fleet of S ships based on a carrier, to protect the whole fleet ....they just protect the commander....if i order them to defend a spezial ship they wont dock on the carrier anymore. they keep flying arround the ship they defend....
so i wanted to know if with the new fleet subordinates and the new behaviour . commands like iam talking about are possible now or not

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 22:25

I've still not seen any explanation of how this relates to the 6.00 beta specifically, so I've moved it to the main forum.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 09:54

Halpog wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 21:06
well in some gameplays, i dont use any station myself i get miners tell them to mine automaticly in a sector and sell the ores in this sector...at this way i " support" an npc faction.....
if i realy wanna push a faction i just use a mining hub with 100 miners.. and use 20 miners as trader to sell the ores to the factions ..
there is no way to have a propper mining fleet where u can assign different orders to different miners inside a fleet...
You can use mining fleets as long as they mine the same thing in the same area by mimicing automine. You can also mimic advanced automine, but only if the mimicing pilot has high enough skill.

You can also set up repeat orders on ships assigned to other ships/stations and give them individual orders (pick repeat order without hitting confirm, assign ship to commander, then hit confirm).
there is no way to tell a fleet of S ships based on a carrier, to protect the whole fleet ....they just protect the commander....if i order them to defend a spezial ship they wont dock on the carrier anymore. they keep flying arround the ship they defend....
so i wanted to know if with the new fleet subordinates and the new behaviour . commands like iam talking about are possible now or not
If you want your S ships to defend a ship assign them to defend or intercept for that ship. If they're in a fleet with a carrier or supply ship they'll still go there to rearm and repair.
Or just keep your carrier within 40km of the ship you're protecting so its interceptors will cover it automatically. You can increase that up to 48km by using mods that increase radar range.

You could use the new defend position feature to defend a ship that's not moving, but they won't dock at the carrier until they need to repair or resupply either.
There's zero reason to do that for protecting a ship over just using intercept (or bombardment for ships equipped to kill capitals), but if you want to protect multiple ships spread out over an entire sector with the same group of interceptors this lets you do it.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 12:38

blackphoenixx wrote:
Sat, 28. Jan 23, 09:54
You can also set up repeat orders on ships assigned to other ships/stations and give them individual orders (pick repeat order without hitting confirm, assign ship to commander, then hit confirm).
Wow, this really seems to work :)

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 21:17

blackphoenixx wrote:
Sat, 28. Jan 23, 09:54
Halpog wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 21:06
You can use mining fleets as long as they mine the same thing in the same area by mimicing automine. You can also mimic advanced automine, but only if the mimicing pilot has high enough skill.

If you want your S ships to defend a ship assign them to defend or intercept for that ship. If they're in a fleet with a carrier or supply ship they'll still go there to rearm and repair.
Or just keep your carrier within 40km of the ship you're protecting so its interceptors will cover it automatically. You can increase that up to 48km by using mods that increase radar range.

You could use the new defend position feature to defend a ship that's not moving, but they won't dock at the carrier until they need to repair or resupply either.
There's zero reason to do that for protecting a ship over just using intercept (or bombardment for ships equipped to kill capitals), but if you want to protect multiple ships spread out over an entire sector with the same group of interceptors this lets you do it.
ok i will try that ... with the repeat orders and assigning a ship to a commander i never tryed so far. the stuff about the S fighters wont work after all
for example .. i have 2x XL and 1 XL carrier with 80 ships..and 6 L ships .. so i want to use the S ships from the carrier to defend all ships inside the fleet, not just 1 or a spezified position.
my fleet commander is flying arround in 6 sectors with the repeat order attack every enemy .. so the other ships flying with him as a fleet .and still there is no S ship cover possible for the whole fleet.
but its ok if it is not possible, i try to figure out something else than.
thnx anyway for the infos and the tipps :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”