PIO Freelancer Katana are a limited resource?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

PIO Freelancer Katana are a limited resource?

Post by grapedog » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:46

I capped probably 6 or 7 of these in my current vanilla game I'm using to play the 6.0 beta.... and i haven't seen any new ones cruising around PIO space in at least a game day.

Once you cap or destroy the initial freelancer katanas, do they no longer spawn or get built any more?

Anyone know how they work, if they will ever get rebuilt, or if the starting ones are all there will ever be?

Falcrack
x4

Re: PIO Freelancer Katana are a limited resource?

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 18:18

They figured out your scam.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 07:46

There are probably 5 or 6 so that the player could capture 2-4 I think. It beggars belief what should anybody do with that much Katanas, afterall the player can get a "legal" Katana for free in the Yaki plot (sacrifising a Moreya*)... unless it's an "easy" way of making money early game...
Spoiler
Show
*Personally I keep the Moreya and destroy the Xenon transmitter with the free Syn...

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 13:20

Just move on and board builders. Nearly endless supply of them and they do sell for 20-40m a pop.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:29

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 07:46
There are probably 5 or 6 so that the player could capture 2-4 I think. It beggars belief what should anybody do with that much Katanas, afterall the player can get a "legal" Katana for free in the Yaki plot (sacrifising a Moreya*)... unless it's an "easy" way of making money early game...
Spoiler
Show
*Personally I keep the Moreya and destroy the Xenon transmitter with the free Syn...
Yes, katanas, cobras, and dragons are an excellent early money source which can be capped in your starter ship. It is my preferred way to earn early cash.

I never messed with katanas much, but the PIO freelancer ones don't even have a rep hit associated with them. The TER ones are a little trickier because often they have a small fleet attached or are in their own friendly space which can trigger a rep hit which I don't like taking early game. If I am capping TER ships I'd rather lose the rep on a falx or an L. Plus the katanas take a bit more time than the SPL mediums to get the pilot to bail.

I still haven't seen any more Freelancers appear so it would seem once you cap or destroy them, that is all there is.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:37

dtpsprt wrote:
Spoiler
Show
With their high speed and firepower from proton barrage Katanas are great set & forget patrol ships to keep your mining areas clear of Khaak. They're also great to hunt pirate minotaurs harassing your traders.
I generally use a lot more than 5-6 of them.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 13:38

blackphoenixx wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:37
dtpsprt wrote:
Spoiler
Show
With their high speed and firepower from proton barrage Katanas are great set & forget patrol ships to keep your mining areas clear of Khaak. They're also great to hunt pirate minotaurs harassing your traders.
I generally use a lot more than 5-6 of them.
Due to the way I play, only buying or building ships of the race I am playing as... Currently in my PIO game, katanas are the only option for corvettes unless I spend time capping other faction ships. I love capping other ships, but it's also easy to just buy/build 4 or 5 identical katanas for a quick reaction force than it is capping 4 or 5 ships and equipping them all the same, and hoping they are all the same variant.

Return to “X4: Foundations”