[Request] Ability to pause individual ship construction modules

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

[Request] Ability to pause individual ship construction modules

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 15:35

Sometimes, especially with shipyards for which S/M, L, and XL build modules exist, I notice that small ships get built first to the exclusion of larger ships. For instance, the AI may placed an order for a Raptor carrier, but that Raptor is never going to be built, because the smaller ships in the queue keep cutting in line and getting built, so the Raptor never gets the accumulated resources it needs to begin construction.

What if we could manually pause some of our build modules, such as pausing the S/M build module, so as to allow the larger ship orders placed by the AI to actually get built? I think this was the idea behind the Split War Forge, which is an XL only shipyard so as to allow the Split to be able to actually build Raptors.

Raptor34
x4

Re: [Request] Ability to pause individual ship construction modules

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:38

And also being able to set separate trade restrictions.
Currently I just get around this by building separate wharves and shipyards like the AI. It also means my all in one PHQ is more or less permanently closed to everyone because I don't want to flood the universe with destroyers and make the Xenon even more extinct.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 17:41

Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:38
Currently I just get around this by building separate wharves and shipyards like the AI. It also means my all in one PHQ is more or less permanently closed to everyone because I don't want to flood the universe with destroyers and make the Xenon even more extinct.
This too, I considered requesting this as well, but maybe some people might find it confusing if they set restrictions on one ship building module and not have it apply to all the other modules at the same time. But I would like it personally.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:06

Why make it so complicated? What Egosoft should do is make ship production FIFO. If the little ships have to wait for the big ones that came first, too bad. It's always bugged me that I would deliver load after load of resources to get my first Magnetar built, only to have those same resources used to build hordes of small ships instead of my miner, despite my order being first in the queue. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 21:08

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 17:41
Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 16:38
This too, I considered requesting this as well, but maybe some people might find it confusing if they set restrictions on one ship building module and not have it apply to all the other modules at the same time. But I would like it personally.
Perhaps. But I assume those people would generally be setting it through the map info UI instead of within the Logical Overview.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 04:46

Nanook wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:06
Why make it so complicated? What Egosoft should do is make ship production FIFO. If the little ships have to wait for the big ones that came first, too bad. It's always bugged me that I would deliver load after load of resources to get my first Magnetar built, only to have those same resources used to build hordes of small ships instead of my miner, despite my order being first in the queue. :roll:
I agree this is an annoying issue, especially when I see orders of destroyers and carriers sit and languish and eventually expire at my shipyards while scores of fighters orders after them get to jump in line to be built as soon as there are materials for them.

But at least player ordered ships get some priority, which is a good thing. But I want to encourage the AI to actually build the destroyers they order in shipyards with mixed L and S/M build modules.

Return to “X4: Foundations”