L Mk2 Shields : TEL vs TER

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jmrc
x4

L Mk2 Shields : TEL vs TER

Post by jmrc » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 17:42

My current Teladi has a Syn with TER Mk2 shields and as I was looking to upgrade them, I noticed that the TEL Mk2 shields seem slightly better in all stats and cost almost a third. Just switching the shields would give this Teladi a profit of 1 million.

MJ: 50,911 vs 48,597
MJ/sec: 257 vs 247
Cost (in my current play situation): 170-200k vs between 450-530k

Is there anything hidden behind these numbers or it's a solid switch?

chew-ie
x4

Re: L Mk2 Shields : TEL vs TER

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 17:48

If you are looking for the best shields - check TER MK3 (only TER faction, not PIO).

See https://roguey.co.uk/x4/shields/ for quick / good comparison (select Syn as ship and sort by whatever stat you fancy)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

jmrc
x4

Post by jmrc » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:04

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 17:48
If you are looking for the best shields - check TER MK3 (only TER faction, not PIO).
Yeah, I know, but I can't afford those shields yet, so the question is if TEL L Mk2 is actually a good switch from the TER equivalent. I know that later on I'll spend more to get the TER Mk3, but by then I'll have more credits.

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:55

No. Slower recharge and reinitilazation if my stat memory isn't offline today. Ter mk2 beats tel mk2. Pretty much all but split beats tel shields in general.
And so it Begins.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 00:46

darkstar12 wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:55
No. Slower recharge and reinitilazation if my stat memory isn't offline today. Ter mk2 beats tel mk2. Pretty much all but split beats tel shields in general.
That doesn't apply to L shields, which always have constant regeneration. In this specific fringe case, the TEL L Mk2 shields are actually superior to TER L Mk2. But, TER gets Mk3 shields.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 03:01

Terran M, L and XL shields are only really better due to getting literally an extra tier worth of stats. This is similar to Split Mk4 combat engines for S and M ships which are vastly superior in flight speed to any other engine.

The Terran XL shield has such high stats that it even manages to out do the special Erlking XL shield by a significant amount.

Return to “X4: Foundations”