Constant rep loss for no reason(possible bug)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xiltrin

Constant rep loss for no reason(possible bug)

Post by xiltrin » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 02:41

The MIN faction keeps popping up with messages about an unauthorized attack against something in their sector. I have looked several times i have never seen any of my ship near their stations and don't know where these distress calls keep coming from.

Is there any way to figure this out because i am not at -12 rep with MIN and slowly creeping toward war with a faction i don't want

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Constant rep loss for no reason(possible bug)

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 10:03

Example threads that might be helpful are here and here. Usually it because one of your assets has fired on (or defended against) something in a TEL sector that the MIN police there consider neutral to MIN.

Sometimes, if an unsubordinated ship of yours has taken hull damage from such encounters, you can find it by sorting your property listing using the hull sort tab and with hull damaged ships showing at the top of the list.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

xiltrin

Post by xiltrin » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 14:56

I still have no clue which one of my ships may have caused this. It is very frustrating to not even know what caused the rep loss or where. It seem like the only solution to this is to pull everything out of Teladi space.

xiltrin

Post by xiltrin » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 16:22

now MIN destroyed one of my freighter with no provocation. Reputation with them is still -12 and the relation screen does not say they will attack my ship only i am not allowed to dock in thier stations.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 17:10

If they destroyed a freighter of yours at only -12 rep with the player, then that was most probably the ship causing the initial aggro. If you have an earlier save, see what that ship was up to and what it was carrying (including its pilot carrying any illegal inventory). I say that because at -12 they will not wantonly attack trade ships, but they will go to an even lower rep such as -30 *for that ship alone* if it has disobeyed policing and/or contraband commands or is judged to have attacked what they see as friends or neutrals.

One faint possibility is that a ship of yours can be challenged for a search when very close to a gate, it jumps away, and then is judged to have deliberately run away from the MIN police.

What have you told your ship(s) to do if challenged by police? Comply and drop any illegal stuff are usually the safest options.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

xiltrin

Post by xiltrin » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 18:59

This happened a hour after the last agro message.

The ship and 2 docked fighters was carrying nothing at the time and all pilot inventories were empty.

All pilots were set to follow global orders and it was set to comply with police.

I have a save from 25 min before but cannot recreate what happened from the log in my later save.
The log does have that they were stopped by MIN police with a response of Comply but just after that the police started attacking.

Return to “X4: Foundations”