Please make more more more empty systems in 6.0!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

InDigital
x4

Please make more more more empty systems in 6.0!

Post by InDigital » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:47

Good day!

There are plenty of nice Star Systems with Nice Planets and even Highways but I never noticed a system with just emptyness.
I remember in Terran Conflict there were such systems - only Star Skybox.

I think putting empty systems in-game so factions could expand there would be cool!
I am imagining Dark Empty Sectors full with Xenons and player Fleet engaging each other - avoiding disturbance of peaceful regions.
Also some secrets can be put in those empty regions and... just why not?

thomasbkdk
x4

Re: Please make more more more empty systems in 6.0!

Post by thomasbkdk » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 11:34

Isn't the Litany of Fury sectors empty?
Eleventh hour also...
https://www.qsna.eu/x4/map/
AMD 3700X|GSKILL 2x16GB 3600C17|MSI X570 UNIFY|MSI RX 6800|SAMSUNG NVME 990 PRO|RAZER TARTARUS PRO|AOC AGON AG273QX 2560x1440@165|STREAM DECK XL+PEDAL|CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM RGB

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 12:49

I'd appreciate that too. X3 had the "badlands" (pirate corridor) which were a nice place for missions, fighting and just had the right potion of "danger" (no constant Hatikvah I level Xenon-threat but you could loose ships there). And then there were the outskirts leading towards Maelstrom which itself was very close to "darkspace theme" (very far away from core sectors, long journeys [without jump drive]), mainly unpopulated but one has to cross some sectors. There was always this feeling that some pirate can just ambush you there - or other threats.

X4 is really missing out in that area so far - everything is "known", no surprises and everything is very crowded. Even if you are in trouble the next faction patrol / defense station / civil station isn't far away.

You never really feel "alone". And with X4 thankfully not having a jump drive this really could be a thing!

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 07:14

chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 12:49
"badlands" (pirate corridor)
Hatikvah`s Chose (possible) - Tharka`s Cascade XV (from start) - Family Zhin (pretty fast)
So many productions in south and so many clients in north... And many Xenon around :twisted:

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 07:59

S!rAssassin wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 07:14
chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 12:49
"badlands" (pirate corridor)
Hatikvah`s Chose (possible) - Tharka`s Cascade XV (from start) - Family Zhin (pretty fast)
So many productions in south and so many clients in north... And many Xenon around :twisted:
That's why I added some details why the X³ pirate corridor was so special - it was no war zone like the areas you describe in X4. Instead it was an area where things could happen on a much smaller scale. Most of the time nothing happens and you could bring that one freighter through without any harm done. Also, interaction with pirates is different (they mock you, you can talk to them) whereas the Xenon just want to annihilate you. It makes a huge difference.

The Xenon conflicts in X4 are "too close" to the main sectors and omnipresent. The distribution in X³ was much better - which in turn made the Kha'ak attacks so special. Everything was safe in the core sectors, but then Trantor got annihilated and all learned that the Kha'ak can strike everywhere.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 23:05

thomasbkdk wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 11:34
Isn't the Litany of Fury sectors empty?
Eleventh hour also...
https://www.qsna.eu/x4/map/
Only if you're using some of Deadair's mods. I forget the exact one. Otherwise, Paranid and Argon.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 00:04

InDigital wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:47
There are plenty of nice Star Systems with Nice Planets and even Highways but I never noticed a system with just emptyness.
I remember in Terran Conflict there were such systems - only Star Skybox.

I think putting empty systems in-game so factions could expand there would be cool!
I am imagining Dark Empty Sectors full with Xenons and player Fleet engaging each other - avoiding disturbance of peaceful regions.
"Empty" as in no resources, no population, and nobody? Nothing worth fighting for?

Lorewise, most sectors have been populated ages ago. Some have been separated due to Gate network events, but surely every reachable sector was explored even during that downtime. IMHO, the fact that there are some neutral sectors at start is rather unrealistic; the factions would surely have expanded if they could.

If I were a faction leader and got reports that Xenon Fleets sail to empty space, would I go there?
No, I would raid the Xenon sectors while fleets are away. The Xenon surely compute a similar strategy.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 08:55

Well, acording to the 6.00 beta sector descriptions, the Boron DLC will cantain at least one sector that never has been part of the known network.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 13:09

The "just became connected" is a valid reason to start empty.

However, such sector could have been part of some other network and therefore have factions that X-Universe factions have never encountered. Nobody expects a novel species/faction/tech from (Boron) DLC, do they? :P
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

art89
x4

Post by art89 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 13:14

InDigital wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:47
Ah, yes, please.

Return to “X4: Foundations”