Removed from X-Rebirth related thread

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Removed from X-Rebirth related thread

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:45

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 01:12
I know a modder managed to do it in a limited fashion, but it was never released as a fully fledged mod. I too would like to see something like this, maybe as a DLC after the Boron DLC. I like the X:Rebirth sectors, but was just not a fan of some of the gameplay decisions, primarily only limited to flying the skunk. Who thought it was a good idea to limit you to a single ship, and then call that ship "The Skunk?"
As far as I know, and I can be mistaken though, X Rebirth was "imported" in Egosoft almost ready and used as a "testbed" for future games (aka X4). This, in my opinion, is why the first X4 versions (up th V3.00) were using the human X Rebirth NPCs for the Argons. Most probably, either the "franchise" timed out or the programmer that brought it left Egosoft at that point and we have V3.00 with the "monkeylike" Argon NPC's as Egosoft was trying their best to produce something resembling humans for the Argons using software they were not familiar with or it was not yet developed, situation that (almost) corrected itself in V4.00 and more in V5.00.
Spoiler
Show
As for what happened with the initial X Rebirth engine and characters, have a look at LGM's "failed" (by their own admission) Starpont Gemini 3. The first thing you'll recognise is the hero...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removed from X-Rebirth related thread

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 10:14

Here we go again, using wild, and completely false in all respects, speculation as an excuse to insult the artists and developers.

Return to “X4: Foundations”