Smart station manager

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lampacz
x4

Smart station manager

Post by lampacz » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 08:20

Hello,

i've build Advanced Electronics station (self sustained) in Eighteen Billion. Manager 5 star. Assigned 5 miners for mining silicon - but they are mining in Pious Mist IV.

When maually assign ship (via Mine command) to mine in Eighteen Billion - works.

Where is poblem - Pious Mist IV they have better silion there or something is missing?

Thank you

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Smart station manager

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 12:15

There's a lot more silicon in Pious Mists IV, almost 10x as much. However not convinced it's worth the additional flight time to get there. I use blacklists to control where my miners can go & where they can mine.

Blacklists are created in Global Orders section of Player Info. For example, this is the blacklist I use for a mining outpost in Morning Star III so it's miners can only travel between Morning Star III & IV: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fz81lgr3elqp ... 1.jpg?dl=0. Sector Activities blacklists can also be useful in situations were a miner may need to travel through a sector but you don't want them to mine there.

Blacklists can be applied on a per ship basis in the Individual Instructions section of Ship Info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogx8ji725x6rw ... 1.jpg?dl=0. Alternatively blacklists can be set as a default for all subordinates in the equivalent section of Station Info. Personally tend to give miners individual blacklists & use the default for other ships working for the station (there tend to be more of them). However could just as easily be done the other way round if that would be more convenient.

lampacz
x4

Re: Smart station manager

Post by lampacz » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 12:48

Good point - i will create blacklist where mining ships will be allowed tranvel only in Eighteen Billion.

Thank you

Return to “X4: Foundations”