Multiverse Team Seasons: Season 1 Beta ends, preparing for the next steps

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Multiverse Team Seasons: Public Beta now available

Post by CBJ » Wed, 3. May 23, 14:46

rExil wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 14:44
Not sure if this is the right place to report this...
No, it isn't.

hdparm
x4

Post by hdparm » Wed, 3. May 23, 17:01

Operation 1's reward was a Yasur and a Bounty Hunter paint mod. Will Operation 2 rewards be announced?

Ryan_Reneir
x4

Post by Ryan_Reneir » Wed, 17. May 23, 19:17

hdparm wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 17:01
Operation 1's reward was a Yasur and a Bounty Hunter paint mod. Will Operation 2 rewards be announced?
I havn't really understood the reward system for the seasons. I recieved a single Basic Paint mod "Spectrum". Pretty dissapointing as how much time and resources that is needed in the seasons.
Don't know if it's because our team didn't do good enough, because we arn't told any "Score".

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 17. May 23, 19:20

The season hasn't finished yet. That's just an intermediate end-of-Operation reward.
The Multiverse Team Seasons - FAQ wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 13:47
What does a Season look like? How long will a Season last? What can I get out of it?
During this Public Beta, a Season will last for approximately two months. During this time, players will play to increase their rank within a Team, as well as globally within their Coalition, and to achieve common goals. By contributing to your Coalition's win during a given Season, you can gain access to unique multiverse ships.

A Season is broken down into Operations; you can think of an Operation like a chapter in the overall story of a Season. Each Operation offers a selection of missions and online Ventures.

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Wed, 17. May 23, 19:27

Ryan_Reneir wrote:
Wed, 17. May 23, 19:17
I havn't really understood the reward system for the seasons. I recieved a single Basic Paint mod "Spectrum". Pretty dissapointing as how much time and resources that is needed in the seasons.
Don't know if it's because our team didn't do good enough, because we arn't told any "Score".
I don't work for Egosoft and I don't have any special insight into their development process, but I'd expect part of the point of this beta is to assess participation levels. Egosoft will likely adjust their reward scales accordingly.
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

Paradoom
x4

Post by Paradoom » Tue, 30. May 23, 15:06

I got some questions regarding switching Teams.
I joined the online game and joined a random team. At first there were alot of people actively participating. But now I am basically alone with 15 inactive members.

Can I just switch to another team freely or will it have any negative effects?
Will my contributions so far still count afterwards?
How can I even see my contributions / the contributions of the team (the teampoints)?

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 11:37

Repair Mandate Mission : Decryption Chips vanishing after leaving game and returning

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 12:13

As per the very first post in this thread, feedback and bug reports belong in the Multiverse Team Seasons - Public Beta forum. No need to repost, however, as you will see there is already a thread there about missing rewards.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Multiverse Team Seasons: Season 1 Beta ends, preparing for the next steps

Post by Gregory » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 14:37

With the end of the first beta season of our Multiverse Team Seasons today, here's a short update from Egosoft founder and Managing Director Bernd Lehahn:

Hello Everybody,

First, I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Multiverse Team Seasons public beta. We have learned a lot from this initial large-scale test, in terms of both gameplay and technical infrastructure. In the Season 1 Beta, a total of 373,965 ventures were started, and during these ventures there were 38,729 ship encounters, resulting in the destruction of 1,913 ships.

The development of our online mode, while not being a top priority, will continue over the next few months. During this time, we will implement some drastic changes, which are based on what we learned from observing this public beta and from all the feedback you guys have provided! Thank you very much for that.

Given that some of the planned changes are quite substantial, it will take a while before we are in a position to start the next public beta. Any rewards you have gained through playing the beta will remain available, even in new game starts. Please note that you will need to stay in the Multiverse Team Seasons Public Beta branch until we publicly release the 6.10 update for X4: Foundations, hopefully in the very near future, in order to access these rewards and to continue using any savegames you've made during the beta.

So, to reiterate, you can now have an extended break from Multiverse Team Seasons and will be able return to your other duties in the X universe - or, if you really must, other games ;-)

Thank you for testing!

-Bernd
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

fade7
x4

Post by fade7 » Mon, 19. Jun 23, 19:39

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:59
I just want my ships to bring back "Exceptional Shield Generators" .. so far nothing offers them in MTS, and they are rare as rocking horse poo in the normal game for me.

The old Ventures we took part in used to have missions which brought back quite a few special modding resources (aswell as some of the rarer paint skins), will they be coming back?, if not, after waiting all this time and keeping the game un-modified without third party mods, its a bit of a dissapointment to say the least. What used to be good about Ventures is now not so much.
I have seen the mission type objectives, two in my game offer a reward of 1 x Seminar for 3 Star Management .. Who needs Management seminars?, assign any no stars NPC as a manager of a station and within a few hours he/she is 4-5 stars.

Unique ships .. The Yasur for now, I dont know what to make of it. Good guns for an S class, but realistically I cant make good use of it, no blueprints. And fighters in X4 are just suicide squads. I might use it a couple of times see how it fares dogfighting, but the Boron just gave me a Hydra Regal :wink:
you could have farmed hundreds of those from my ships during the course of the beta FYI ... if you see M.A.D. (Multiverse Authority Directive) ships in the future MTS ... feel free go fight them and take their mods. quite a few (not all) will be equipped with a full set of exceptional mods on every slot possible. but you have been warned .. if you try it solo in anything smaller than a destroyer ... you might be in for a tough fight .. depending on your skills(results may very OFC) i try to experiment with different loadouts for variety. some being pretty nasty .. others not so much.

i think i got enough exceptional mods already to where i can not even care about losing some ships with them(or even dozens).

https://imgur.com/a/xySlnjV

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 12:55

fade7 wrote:
Mon, 19. Jun 23, 19:39
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:59
I just want my ships to bring back "Exceptional Shield Generators" .. so far nothing offers them in MTS, and they are rare as rocking horse poo in the normal game for me.

The old Ventures we took part in used to have missions which brought back quite a few special modding resources (aswell as some of the rarer paint skins), will they be coming back?, if not, after waiting all this time and keeping the game un-modified without third party mods, its a bit of a dissapointment to say the least. What used to be good about Ventures is now not so much.
I have seen the mission type objectives, two in my game offer a reward of 1 x Seminar for 3 Star Management .. Who needs Management seminars?, assign any no stars NPC as a manager of a station and within a few hours he/she is 4-5 stars.

Unique ships .. The Yasur for now, I dont know what to make of it. Good guns for an S class, but realistically I cant make good use of it, no blueprints. And fighters in X4 are just suicide squads. I might use it a couple of times see how it fares dogfighting, but the Boron just gave me a Hydra Regal :wink:
you could have farmed hundreds of those from my ships during the course of the beta FYI ... if you see M.A.D. (Multiverse Authority Directive) ships in the future MTS ... feel free go fight them and take their mods. quite a few (not all) will be equipped with a full set of exceptional mods on every slot possible. but you have been warned .. if you try it solo in anything smaller than a destroyer ... you might be in for a tough fight .. depending on your skills(results may very OFC) i try to experiment with different loadouts for variety. some being pretty nasty .. others not so much.

i think i got enough exceptional mods already to where i can not even care about losing some ships with them(or even dozens).

https://imgur.com/a/xySlnjV

Yeees!, meat for the hunt :D
Thanks fade7, will look out for them next time.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”