Xenon are way too strong.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eo2019
x4

Xenon are way too strong.

Post by eo2019 » Fri, 12. May 23, 03:32

I don't know if some of you feel the same but the XENON Capital Ships are Way to Strong. While I can kill a K Class Destroyer with my Stingray Destroyer I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against an I Class. Sure I can Destroy its Weapons and Engines with the Super Laser of the Stingray Destroyer. But that's all I can do. If I Try to Destroy the Stupid thing I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I can Damage EXACTLY 3% of its SHIELDS with the Big Laser of the Stingray. But when the Laser had Recharged the Shields are already BACK TO 100%. I understand that the Battles against such a Monster like the I shall be a Tactical Challenge. But this is Ridiculous. The Shield Recharge Rate of the Xenon Ships is way to Fast and Strong. And this is a problem that I have not only with the new Boron Ships but also with those of all the other Nations. the Weapons do absolutely Nothing against the Shields of the Big Ships, or it will be an ENDLESS Grind to Kill ONE SHIP After about 30 Minutes or so. I am Currently not in the Part of the Game that you could Consider ENDGAME so I have only a couple of Stations and 2 Capital Ships of my own, so I understand that I should not be an overpowered One Shot Kill. But the Current State of the Xeno Is Ridiculous Unbalanced in Space. my only Solution so far is to build MASSIVE Devense Stations that can kill ships like the I and the K in a Reasonable amount of Time. But this is not what I really Consider a Fun Space Battle. Please Fix the Dam XENO Ships or at least make their shields Recharge Slower. then Like this, I will have no chance against them till I can afford an ASGARD Super Battleship. The Current State of the Xenon is way too strong and way too frustrating to Fight.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 12. May 23, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjusted capitalisation in title

humility925
x4

Re: XENON ARE WAY TO STRONG

Post by humility925 » Fri, 12. May 23, 03:48

You do not need Asgard, you can had 40 fighter or more and it's can take out Xenon in OOS. Those Boron isn't good with destroyer vs destroyer, it's only good at anti fighter type, boron depend on fighter to take out large ship or so they said, but any factions with 40 fighter at least with correct weapon able to take out Xenon K or I.

I had Xenon take over all over spilt empire, spilt is losing so bad, but I do not worry because more Xenon control Sector, weaker they would be, and slow down. It's just matter of Xenon choice what faction to attack, after they choice that faction, they become weaker, unable to attack other faction very well.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 12. May 23, 04:03

They're really not that strong, and like all Xenon assets incredibly vulnerable to being picked off at range or camping their blind spot.

If you don't have a lot of resources, with a little patience you can even disable and disarm an I with a single fighter and then slowly take it apart. Not that it's necessary because most factions have the fleets to handle the Xenon.

eo2019
x4

Post by eo2019 » Fri, 12. May 23, 04:11

adeine wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 04:03
They're really not that strong, and like all Xenon assets incredibly vulnerable to being picked off at range or camping their blind spot.

If you don't have a lot of resources, with a little patience you can even disable and disarm an I with a single fighter and then slowly take it apart. Not that it's necessary because most factions have the fleets to handle the Xenon.
I would advise you to READ my Post again. YES, I can Snipe a Xenon K with my Stingray from afar. But I can't do the same with a Xenon I Class as the Stingray cant Disable its Shield. Also sadly the Argons are Fully Dependant on myself as they allow the XENON to Ravage there Teretory as they see fit. they Even Lost there M/S Shipyard in the First Hours of the Game.
Last edited by eo2019 on Fri, 12. May 23, 04:19, edited 3 times in total.

eo2019
x4

Post by eo2019 » Fri, 12. May 23, 04:13

humility925 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 03:48
You do not need Asgard, you can had 40 fighter or more and it's can take out Xenon in OOS. Those Boron isn't good with destroyer vs destroyer, it's only good at anti fighter type, boron depend on fighter to take out large ship or so they said, but any factions with 40 fighter at least with correct weapon able to take out Xenon K or I.

I had Xenon take over all over spilt empire, spilt is losing so bad, but I do not worry because more Xenon control Sector, weaker they would be, and slow down. It's just matter of Xenon choice what faction to attack, after they choice that faction, they become weaker, unable to attack other faction very well.
Yes your Plan Might Work in the Endgame. When you have a Fully Self Supplying Shipyayrd that can Pump out ships for FREE. But it is NOT a Working Plan for the MIDGAME or even the Early Game such as mine.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 12. May 23, 04:19

eo2019 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 04:11
I would advise you to READ my Post again. YES, I can Snipe a Xenon K with my Stingray from afar. But I can't do the same with a Xenon I Class as the Stingray cant Disable its Shield.
Boron are very well suited to taking down shields, so again, once you've disabled and disarmed the I from a safe distance it should not be an issue to kill it.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 12. May 23, 07:23

If you find Xenon too strong, then you are to weak.
A simple Elite with 1x PAR Laser can crack up the shield generators from K and I. But you need balls.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 12. May 23, 08:12

Is this a case of if you do a Boron game start and its early game then you are disadvantaged against an I

I have not done a Boron start yet so do not know, but I remember the first time I came across an I it was a case of run away rapidly until I got a Rattlesnake destroyer which could take it on in player hands.

They are meant to put a chill in your heart. After my first encounter every time I saw one I just about crapped myself, especially if they came through a gate you are close to :)
Then I learned to take them on with something capable, and eventually started building fleets of Rattlesnake (x10) which could handle them coming through gates without the need for player hands on.

I haven't tried a Stingray yet, maybe you need something better to cope with the recharge rate of the I, like a fleet of Stingray until you can get a more capable personal ship.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Keldy

Post by Keldy » Fri, 12. May 23, 10:33

Solo behemot kill any xenon ship,with main battery u only need disable engines first then they are practice target because u have bigger range

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Fri, 12. May 23, 10:34

they not to strong it's just annoying you the player most be involved when it comes to xenon capitals.
even the asgard needs player interaction.

it makes it extreme irritating to play.
how it should be balanced?

i think if they lower the DPS, and increase the shields the player do not need to be involved each time
O yea P needs a freaking nerf.
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

taztaz502
x4

Re: Xenon are way too strong.

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 12. May 23, 13:24

Capital ships are pointless now in my opinion, they just get obliterated by Ks OOS and IS, even Asgards get recked OOS. Waste of 5* pilots.

I find the best way is to just send 8 takobas with torpedos to kill K's, they make pretty short work of them and i've not had any losses.

For stations i'll just pilot my own Asgard full of paranoid plasma turrets, using the Ai even with coordinate attack order generally always take losses for stupid reasons, even if you order your ships to surround the station then give attack orders you'll still take losses.

For I's just teleport to your asgard and one shot it, or send in a few takoba bombers.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Fri, 12. May 23, 13:26

I disagree. Xenon are way too weak. And because some of their jobs quotas are spread across the map, and their S units try to travel inbetween their enclaves, they inevitably begin to die out without player involvement.

As for combat in general in this game, the AI is really dumb and the player can abuse them however they want. A well fit M or any of the free L ships can take out any ship in the game without much effort.
taztaz502 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:24
Capital ships are pointless now in my opinion, they just get obliterated by Ks OOS and IS, even Asgards get recked OOS. Waste of 5* pilots.
Never put anything above 2 star in your capital ships. Once they get to 3 star they unlock the boost command and prefer to suicide their shields away.
Last edited by KextV8 on Fri, 12. May 23, 13:31, edited 2 times in total.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 12. May 23, 13:28

EGO_Aut wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 07:23
A simple Elite with 1x PAR Laser can crack up the shield generators from K and I. But you need balls.
Whut, you probably couldn't kill a turret shield before you overheated let alone a capital shield that's regenerating all the time.

Even full mk2 bolts will struggle and take a long time.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 12. May 23, 13:41

taztaz502 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:28
EGO_Aut wrote:
Whut, you probably couldn't kill a turret shield before you overheated let alone a capital shield that's regenerating all the time.

Use weapons that bypass shields?

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 12. May 23, 13:46

Chips wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:41
taztaz502 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:28
EGO_Aut wrote:

Use weapons that bypass shields?
I was just proving a point, if i wanted to kill hardpoints i would weapons designed for it like burst wave or cluster missiles.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 12. May 23, 13:55

eo2019 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 03:32
I don't know if some of you feel the same but the XENON Capital Ships are Way to Strong. While I can kill a K Class Destroyer with my Stingray Destroyer I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against an I Class. Sure I can Destroy its Weapons and Engines with the Super Laser of the Stingray Destroyer. But that's all I can do. If I Try to Destroy the Stupid thing I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I can Damage EXACTLY 3% of its SHIELDS with the Big Laser of the Stingray. But when the Laser had Recharged the Shields are already BACK TO 100%. I understand that the Battles against such a Monster like the I shall be a Tactical Challenge. But this is Ridiculous. The Shield Recharge Rate of the Xenon Ships is way to Fast and Strong. And this is a problem that I have not only with the new Boron Ships but also with those of all the other Nations. the Weapons do absolutely Nothing against the Shields of the Big Ships, or it will be an ENDLESS Grind to Kill ONE SHIP After about 30 Minutes or so. I am Currently not in the Part of the Game that you could Consider ENDGAME so I have only a couple of Stations and 2 Capital Ships of my own, so I understand that I should not be an overpowered One Shot Kill. But the Current State of the Xeno Is Ridiculous Unbalanced in Space. my only Solution so far is to build MASSIVE Devense Stations that can kill ships like the I and the K in a Reasonable amount of Time. But this is not what I really Consider a Fun Space Battle. Please Fix the Dam XENO Ships or at least make their shields Recharge Slower. then Like this, I will have no chance against them till I can afford an ASGARD Super Battleship. The Current State of the Xenon is way too strong and way too frustrating to Fight.

ΧΕΝ are way too weak.

The best game is the one that XEN have wrecked havoc and wish they could even push harder into ARG (Queen Herald seed)
Silent Witness is empty.
Profit Center Alpha is in ruins with the TEL Wharf and Equipment dock destroyed and the yard wrecked.
Ianamus Zura IV the XEN are wrecking the TEL including the Trade station.
East side of Hat Choice 1 is no go area for anything bigger than M ship if wanting to travel to Silent Witness of Hat Choice 3.(S/M ships using the highway can escape the XEN fleet). Lost L freighters there in a blink of an eye.

While the other Boron start, there is a TER fleet at the HAT Choice 1 with an Asgard, several Osakas, a Tokyo and over 100 S fighters and the game is boring at best.

--------------------
Dear Egosoft, give a battleship to XEN, make their defence platforms bigger, their builders more durable and faster. Make them more aggressive to block sectors. In 1000 hours playtime the current new campaign with the Queen's Herald seed, is absolutely a blast. :D
Last edited by Panos on Fri, 12. May 23, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 12. May 23, 14:00

KextV8 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:26
I disagree. Xenon are way too weak. And because some of their jobs quotas are spread across the map, and their S units try to travel inbetween their enclaves, they inevitably begin to die out without player involvement.

As for combat in general in this game, the AI is really dumb and the player can abuse them however they want. A well fit M or any of the free L ships can take out any ship in the game without much effort.
taztaz502 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:24
Never put anything above 2 star in your capital ships. Once they get to 3 star they unlock the boost command and prefer to suicide their shields away.
Is that just for capital ships? I just seen a half star pilot boost away all of it's shields in a frigate. (Falx)

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 12. May 23, 14:07

KextV8 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 13:26
5 Star captains affect a lot of calculations including safe distance and quadrant of the attack.

Sprengmeister
x4

Post by Sprengmeister » Fri, 12. May 23, 14:21

Well, the thing is that the Xenon are not too Strong, nor too weak. Because with every Gamestart they are a bit different. On one Gamestart they are super weak, and loose some of there sectors. On another Gamestart they capture a third of the Universe in less than a Day. Its Random how strong or weak they seem overall.

However, back to the Main Topic:
Your issue is that the Boron Ray Destroyer is, together with the Teladi Phoenix, the weakest Destroyer against Capitals, not just Xenon K´s or I´s.
Every other Destroyer can equip L Turrets with Plasma, and use it effektivly. Every Turret puts out just a little over 1000 MW of Dps.
Dps from Ray Mainbatterie is just over 1300 MW. Thats less than the Shieldrecharch from the Xenon I.
Dps from for example Oddy is: Mainbatterie ~1300 MW + 3x L Plasma that can shoot forward (3x 1050MW). Overall 4450 MW of Weapon power -> Xenon I goes "Explosion Immenent".
In one of the CoH plots you get a Destroyer that is more than capable dealing with Xenon I´s. (In Sector, not Out of Sektor!)
Last edited by Sprengmeister on Fri, 12. May 23, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

mrwuggles

Post by mrwuggles » Fri, 12. May 23, 14:24

eo2019 wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 03:32
Just let them mill around, in all of my games so far I have ignored the xenon except for the occasional fight and gate farming to get moduals and spacefly eggs, they will go around they will even kill AI stations but they will eventually either be killed or go away and the. The AI will eventually rebuild so you don't really need to stress about this too much in the early game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”