XLOG: A Vision for 7.00

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chew-ie
x4

Re: XLOG: A Vision for 7.00

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 19:55

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 4. Jun 23, 19:30
The Teladi could stop all trade. That could drive some of us to the brink. :P
Heh... the "X weird mode". Split longing for friendship instead of fatalities, Borons go all "dark mirror", Argon and Terrans unite. And Paranids ... well stay Paranids, weird enough. :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Meteor1981
x4

Post by Meteor1981 » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 08:26

There are a lot of sectors deactivated. So I hope that there will new sectors also for the enemies.

In the final crisis I see the mother's sectors of Khaa'k and Xenon, where they have a huge defence with new buildings and ships.

An idea is to give an opportunity also for the enemies or the universe to evolve. The player can research and development new ships.
The dynamic universe should be also for the others.

I would lite to see that Xenon and Khaa'k evolve in something new, not only a behaviour. When the player has got the Asgard the others fight with competitive ships.
Kill Xenon As Soon As Possibile, always and wherever :twisted:

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 09:29

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 3. Jun 23, 07:51
Not really. Imagine your typical map view, then change the map to an in sector view with the camera in the same position as it was when you were in map view. You can see all the ships and planets and ship icons. You can also see the order lines. You can move the camera around using WASD, and zoom in and out just like the map. From this view you can give orders just like in the regular map. It would be like controlling your ships from the map, just looking a lot better because it is a fully rendered sector.
This would basically double the workload for collision detection and rendering, which probably means a lot of the players would need to turn that off. I assume that makes it an unattractive feature to invest time and money in.

You could cheat a bit like let's say: This is a newly discovered HQ feature only accessible from a specific room. You enter the room and connect yourself to Cerebro (or whatever). What it actually does is removing you from any zone so that the entire galaxy is in OOS/low attention mode. Now the game only needs to go to into high attention mode for 1 zone at a time. They still need to find a way to hide/deal with loading, especially when moving too much too fast on the map.
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 14:06

adeine wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 23:18
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 22:22
chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 22:00
I can't help it - I always have to be the Paladin (more good then lawful) who is saving / helping everyone. Or the Boron who doesn't attack his allies. :oops:
Same, I consider this a failure. But I'm finding it near impossible to get friends with CAB and FAF again.
Egosoft finally fixed the FAF issue somewhere between CoH and KE. You can get FAF missions at FRF stations again and fix your rep with them.

Thank you for that, just completed helping a FAF member to escape having found one of these newly findable missions .. I think its going to take a while (I'm -26 rep with FAF), but at least there is hope now :thumb_up: :)
Maybe one day I will be able to take my docked ships out of the FRF Shipyard and allow them to start building those horrible FAF Rattlesnakes again.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Wed, 7. Jun 23, 06:34

Hi,

In light of this vision, perhaps the sizeable hole in the ToA Northriver Company plot could be plugged? It needs to have more than ONE 'rail-roaded' way to resolve / wrap-up -- as it doesn't suit all play styles (and neglects a really enjoyable alternative).

To explain, after I declined to join you know who, and a certain faction turning hostile, I fought and destroyed them. I had hoped that there would be alternate options presented where they capitulate, through surrender (after being appropriately defeated to a point - e.g. destruction of their shipyard, wharf, the other station, and the bulk of their forces), or consign themselves to oblivion permanently.

I know this is due to a lack of appropriate scripting for these outcomes but it makes sense given what occurs in the plot line and something akin to the above should be considered as a possible solution. Yes, I know you can do this, not pay them off and head-cannon it but that's weak sauce (and I don't like having to leave 'cockroach baits' lying around) and it is seriously fun fighting them (they fought and died well).

Perhaps this is something that could be incorporated into v7.00 too?

Just my two cents,
M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Wed, 7. Jun 23, 09:34

il faut refaire les secteurs en mode realisme une etoile ou plusieurs et les planetes qui orbite autour , d'autre le font pourquoi pas X4 ??, en plus atterir sur les planetes serais logique ,
en l'etat actuel du jeu je comprend pas que les system ne responde pas a la realité?? , la troisieme personne net pas realiste ca ne sers a rien pour moi.

it is necessary to redo the sectors in realism one star or several and the planetes that orbit around , why not X4? , in addition to landing on the planes would be logical,
in the current state of the game I do not understand that the system does not respond to reality?? , the third person net not realist that is of no use to me.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 00:38

Or an ATF sect believing you terraforming with AGI.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Sat, 10. Jun 23, 12:07

There's a QoL or two I would love to see, but mostly relate to advanced game.

1. Fleet/Carrier templates

To have the ability to save the composition and arrangement of a fleet, mostly for carriers, and reapply that template to other carriers would be a huge time saver. You send your carrier into battle, some fighter blows up, then task the carrier to replenish fighter crafts at a given wharf would be great. Especially if you spent half a hour to create squads out of your group of 40 fighters. This ability could come with the HQ as a research option, or an extra NPC titled "secretary of war". The task of that new NPC would be to coordinate logistics with existing fleets: place they need to go to idle and wait to be reinforced, or other mechanics tied to fleets handling.

2. Rework station defense module presets

Every single time I need to add weapons to my stations and ships, the highest preset selects the Terran Beam as weapon. Effectively making the option useless due to the limited relevance of beams. It's easily circumvented for ships, by creating a new custom template. But it is near impossible to redesign an existing station without changing layouts module per module. The simplest way around this, in my opinion, would be to add a new global setting to either blacklist some weapons from the preset pools, or allow the player to adjust the likelihood of a weapon to be chosen.

Though it is a problem, I suspect this to be a bug of sorts. The random selection of turrets, in my experience, never stray away from Terran weapons. It's either bolt or beams, argon plasma be damned.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 12. Jun 23, 17:55

One of the big things X has lost in its end game IMO is the ability to capture and reverse engineer Xenon ships... to me that basically was the end game. Now you can't reverse engineer, and you can't fly Xenon ships. Everything can be (and must be) bought. It's become a trade sim.
***modified***

Belmont
x3

Post by Belmont » Tue, 13. Jun 23, 02:01

Yeah I really enjoyed boarding in X3 and was hoping for an expansion on that. I liked how there were different phases that required different skills, and how ships could have the hull plating etc. Part of it is that capital ships are nowhere near as dangerous now because you can strip them of all the turrets fairly easily. Finally capturing an I was a lot of fun and took some planning. Hunting down and capturing the Hyperion was fun too. Would be cool to have all that and do some reverse engineering again, for both ships and weapons.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 14:06

Too bad planetes are just decors?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sat, 17. Jun 23, 16:19

they're obviouslly going to add albion, and supreme emperor ren otani who is going to be invading the gate network.
show me your wares, and I'm not saying please!
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 10:03

nemo1887 wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 14:06
Wish to see more strategy in this side of game. Planets should consume high-tech and food, should provide workforce and high skilled crew, if supplies are enough. Maybe more benefits. But definitely shouldn’t be just decorating.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 11:27

S!rAssassin wrote:
Sun, 18. Jun 23, 10:03
nemo1887 wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 14:06
Wish to see more strategy in this side of game. Planets should consume high-tech and food, should provide workforce and high skilled crew, if supplies are enough. Maybe more benefits. But definitely shouldn’t be just decorating.
It's easier to grow food on a planet than in space. Planet do provide workforce, you'll see that if you open the encyclopaedia entry for a given settled system. I agree with skilled crew though.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 12:24

xrogaan wrote:
Sun, 18. Jun 23, 11:27
It's easier to grow food on a planet than in space.
Fair. So, we should provide hi-tech to planets and receive people from it. Consuming end products will prevent stagger economy in peace times.

As I said in other thread, we should have terraforming possibilities in each planet in X-verse: Xenon should destroying slowly each planet with capturing sectors and player should recover planets to normal state when Xenon has vanished. Factions should recover planets too by themselves.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 13:03

Planet economies or even being able to land on them would be neat but would require an entirely new game. That's a massive change that would completely change how the economy, AI and combat works. Design a game around a big idea.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 13:43

The lost boron sector survived because they retreated in the planet's ocean, unable to support the space venture. There's not exchange of goods between planets and space for various reasons. First one, IMHO, is how difficult it is to ship stuff from a planet to space. Would wreak havoc on the ecosystem if done at scale. I believe it would be doable if you have a space elevator, but such mega-construct would be difficult to achieve – unless you're the Terran with hundred of years of isolation, though unclear if the Torus Aeternal acted as such construct.

Terraforming projects of Xenon planet, or "cleaning" is present in the game, but not implemented.

The actual reason why we can't really interact with planets has been explained a variety of time: it's too complex to simulate properly. Understand that every ship flying around in universe has been built by resources harvested in-universe. Blowing up transports has a real effect on the economy. But if you include planets, then you need to allow planet invasion and blockade, which is at a scale too great for the purpose of the game. If planet interaction is your thing though, then I'd recommend you take a look at Terra Invicta.

Cindy
x4

Post by Cindy » Thu, 22. Jun 23, 22:38

Maybe there should be a specialized module that creates flows of traffic from off the map between planets and stations. You provide resources, they provide credits, and the ability to freely purchase people of different skill levels. Technically, I think the real use and justification for the space vs planetary economies would be to mine for rare earth materials which aren't generally found in large quantities near planetary bodies (like promethium I guess), but none of that is really modeled in game.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 23. Jun 23, 10:15

frontier elite dangerous simule l'espace comme il et en vrai, alors au début du jeux X4 pourquoi ne pas avoir au moins pensée a refaire le jeux x4 et au lieux de secteurs des system avec une Etoile et des planètes qui gravite autour , exemple le system sol divisé en secteurs ce net pas trop réaliste , moi j'aurais refait comme Elite Dangerous et les planètes mieux modéliser pour après si on veux aller plus loin?. terra invincta na rien a voir avec l'espace comme Elite Dangerous ou x4 . bien sur moi je pense si Frontier l'on réalisée pourquoi pas Egosoft? si au moins on aurais un vrai espace et on pourrais tourner autours des planètes a default d'autre choses

THE_TrashMan
x4

Post by THE_TrashMan » Fri, 23. Jun 23, 11:38

what I would want more than anything is a good, solid balance pass/focus.

The ships and weapons stats of the base game are IMHO... downright nonsensical. terrible. Most weapons are copy-paste. Ship stats do little to match their appeareance (volume matching cargo capacity, structure/size matching hitpoints, engines size/number matching speed, size/shape matching consumable/deployable limits, etc..)

It's 6.0, but it still feels like Beta balance. Unfinished. Nonsensical.
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

Return to “X4: Foundations”