A humble request for the dev team: Crew granularity ship bridge personnel.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darkona
x4

A humble request for the dev team: Crew granularity ship bridge personnel.

Post by Darkona » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 19:08

Hello Egosoft team, first post here in the forums (I think, or the first in a long time). Been here for a decade or so, lurking, getting mods, reading everything. I started on Terran Conflict and have been playing all the things up to now in X4 Foundations. I think this is my favorite one, but there's something I miss from Rebirth, that many people maybe found annoying, but I miss Yisha, and the fact that you had a copilot who talked a bit and was overall a companion. I understand that X4 is a different beast, and having speech lines for a permanent companion is probably not on the scope of the game (but it would definitely rule if you could pick from some selection of possible companions during your adventures)

One thought that came to mind, however, is that we can see people on the bridge of big ships. And the people on the bridge is always rotating, many times annoyingly frequently. So, I would like to ask for a feature, that could be a little compromise between having a Yisha-alike and having random people at the bridge all the time:

I propose that ships that have more NPCs at the bridge besides the player could be individually picked in the same manner as the captain. Perhaps we could have a small UI element that indicates the number of spots available on the bridge -- like navigation console, fleet console, gun control, etc -- and we could pick a permanent crew member that will always be at that station. Simply for immersion, and for RP value.

For example, I have a number of fleets and I get attached to my captains and crew members that I hired personally at the beginning. (The randos that you get when buying ships are just red-shirts). To give a concrete example, I hired a Terran woman by the name of MAdeleine Arellano to be my relief pilot. As she was the oldest pilot in my game besides myself, she started earning stars earlier, and she is now the captain of my personal fleet, commanding from the bridge of Delilah's Swansong.

So the request would be for me to be able to all the time see my chosen characters to be on the bridge of my ship, the trusty officials who become my team. And every ship likewise can have the bridge crew of my choosing (random as it is now if I don't)

Besides RP reasons, The constant movement of personnel on the bridge is unnatural and can be annoying at times.

Thanks Egosoft for being one of the most awesome game devs out there, with the people of Kerbal Space Program, Factorio, Minecraft and Final Fantasy XIV some of the best dev teams ever. And thanks for keeping me playing for thousands of hours all these years.

Agrefits
x4

Re: A humble request for the dev team: Crew granularity ship bridge personnel.

Post by Agrefits » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 20:22

I totally second this. Even tho i stopped handpicking crew members ago, i still feel attached to some characters that work on my frequently used ships. Would love to assign fixed crewmembers to console Both roleplay wise (Uniforms) and the annoyance factor from ppl coming and leaving every minute.

Return to “X4: Foundations”