[Question] Is it possible to restrict specific wares?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tarsis
x4

[Question] Is it possible to restrict specific wares?

Post by Tarsis » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 23:07

I was wondering if it was possible (and how to do it) to prevent my station subordinates from trading a specific ware.

I don't want to risk loosing reputation with Vigor Syndicate because I'm trying to buy their blueprints. However, I have a station in Avarice that is sending its Miner subordinate to mine Ice and I loose reputation with Vigor the moment that miner lands on my station (it drops its cargo automatically due to "police intervention", but I still loose rep).

I want my station to be able to buy Ice from other factions but, for now, I don't want my station manager to send the miner to collect and sell Ice (OK to mine other ores).

Is this even possible? I know I can restrict sales in general, but can't see a way to prevent my station manager to order its subordinates to collect/purchase/sell a specific ware. If I restrict the purchase of Ice on the station logical overview, the manager still sends the miners to gather and sell ice to others (which would result in rep loss if caught).

Thanks in advance.

SirConnery

Re: [Question] Is it possible to restrict specific wares?

Post by SirConnery » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 00:18

You can use a blacklist for mining in any areas you wish. Then set that station to use that blacklist. I've had to do it many times usually do to some sectors being too dangerous to mine.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 06:50

You can go to the Logical Overview screen for that station and set the amount of ice to buy to a maximum of 1.

I've also had VIG fleets attack my stations that had food rations and water/ice in their inventories. Personally, I don't bother with habitats in Windfall/Avarice sectors because of that very problem. The amount of additional production just isn't worth the hassle.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 08:39

Recommend creating a trade rule which includes your own ships on a list of factions which are not permitted to trade with your stations. This for example is the 'Not My Ships' trade rule I'm using in my current Boron game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwn6y5qcp9oln ... 1.jpg?dl=0
This trade rule can then be applied to the relevant wares, such as ice, on the Logical Station Overview to indicate which wares you'd prefer friendly NPC factions to supply, rather than the station manager sending out their own ships to obtain. Incidentally I also use the same trade rule for low value wares that I'm fine for NPC factions to buy from my stations but that I don't want my own ships to waste their time on.

Return to “X4: Foundations”