2 WISHES - Radio Silence - Reaction to attack

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ezra-r
x4

2 WISHES - Radio Silence - Reaction to attack

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 7. Jun 23, 21:14

I come here with two wishes, should Egosoft staff find them objectively interesting to implement, I certainly miss them.

* One is "Keep radio silent" option for your squad. Example of why, I tell 20-30 Corvettes into my squad, we go to a Xenon sector, cause havok, and they keep telling me they are ready for new orders when we finish off enemies, they are just set to defend me, I don't usually issue orders of any kind, but they keep telling me they finish with the enemy that they are ready, they don't all tell me at once and they don't all do it, but all of them and one point or another just tell me how ready they are, if you deal with dozens of small ships or even hundreds, the messages can make anyone nervous and you keep missing other important messages because the face of my Split comrades in the screen block me from seeing other important things :D

* The other is to be able to set Deault reaction to Attack different for traders than to Military ships. Why? If I set it thinking in miner and trader ships to escape and deploy laser tower, my Asgards being attacked by some random argon peasant deploy laser tower and try to escape. If I set it to Use judgement my M miners tend to respond to Khaak attacks attacking instead of fleeing and end up dead. So it is hard to find a compromise. Perhaps this option should be added to the options like for travel and activities so you can be more granular there?

Thanks for reading up this far. Cheers.

Nerwesta

Re: 2 WISHES - Radio Silence - Reaction to attack

Post by Nerwesta » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 23:14

Hello, I think you may find a solution to your first issue on Global Orders pane, a set of rules you can assign to your ships by default or something else, including their notifications.
So that way the pilots won't disturb you anymore :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”