Purchased Blueprints - Explained.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sunnyd_20000

Purchased Blueprints - Explained.

Post by sunnyd_20000 » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 04:46

by SunnyD

Help! I'm unable to located my purchased construction plans. I checked in the constructionplan folder but they are not there. When I go into the Encylopedia, it shows them THERE and purchased. Any help would be appreciated.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Purchased Blueprints

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 11:16

The title of this topic mentions Blueprints.
But then you describe Construction plans as being the problem.
Confused, but lets answer both questions ...

Blueprints when purchased immediately become part of your build module inventory in the station or ship building/upgrading UI's. You will not see them anywhere else.

Construction plans you either make them yourself, or download someone elses and place them in your documents/Egosoft/X4/constructionplans/ folder, and then in the game build UI's import them to be used from the presets menu.

Screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/D624xQM.png

You do not purchase Construction plans. I guess its possible someone on the internet is scamming you to buy them, then it will be wherever you downloaded the file to, which needs to be copied to the documents/Egosoft/X4/constructionplans/ folder (and probably unzipped if it was compressed into a .zip or .rar or .7s file, you should only be putting an .xml file in the constructionplans folder).

Does any of that help?
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

sunnyd_20000

Post by sunnyd_20000 » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 15:54

Thanks for the explanation. I WAS confused in what they were seperately. But I'm clear now. Makes sense. Thanks.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 17:29

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Thu, 21. Sep 23, 11:16
Blueprints when purchased immediately become part of your build module inventory in the station or ship building/upgrading UI's. You will not see them anywhere else....
Not quite true. You can see a list of all the blueprints you own in the Encyclopedia listings of blueprints. The ones you own will be marked 'Owned'. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 23. Sep 23, 14:26

Nanook wrote:
Fri, 22. Sep 23, 17:29
Not quite true. You can see a list of all the blueprints you own in the Encyclopedia listings of blueprints. The ones you own will be marked 'Owned'. :wink:
Quick aside, it's that working reliably now? I ran into a situation when BP's I thought I'd bought weren't showing as "Owned". However, when I went to buy them, they were clearly showing as Owned in the Rep's List. I then started the build I'd planned - but thought I didn't have all the needed BP's for - and there it was. As a result, I generally don't check the Encyclopaedia as my definitive "do I own it or not" source.

Basically, the Encyclopaedia did not correctly list all Owned BP's, which was obviously a little confusing! Can't recall what game version that was, probably my last game in 5.10.

Return to “X4: Foundations”