Station Module request: Observation Lounge

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Station Module request: Observation Lounge

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:21

kuantem wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:00
The Conservatory Observation Deck on Tidebreak is quite nice. Would indeed be very cool if this was an available module for player stations
You can buy the blueprint from VIG, maybe also from other factions.

kuantem
x4

Post by kuantem » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:23

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:21
kuantem wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:00
The Conservatory Observation Deck on Tidebreak is quite nice. Would indeed be very cool if this was an available module for player stations
You can buy the blueprint from VIG, maybe also from other factions.
Nice! Thanks. 1000+ hours in, and I'm still learning new things about this game.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:26

kuantem wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:23
Nice! Thanks. 1000+ hours in, and I'm still learning new things about this game.
That's a new feature in 7.0 which is currently in beta. (and thus the details are a spoiler for all those who don't participate...)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:57

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:52
* so don't pop my bubble and say you were already planning this lol.
I can happily confirm that this feature was added as a direct result of player suggestions, including yours. :)

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 22:20

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:57
Scoob wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:52
* so don't pop my bubble and say you were already planning this lol.
I can happily confirm that this feature was added as a direct result of player suggestions, including yours. :)
.. And they are marvellous.

In this post in my PHQ Construction, above the PHQ 'Rock', I positioned 2 x inverted landing docks, so that if you are landed on the dock and go walkabout you can look up (but actually you are looking down due to the platforms being inverted).

In my game I just modified the build to include the Conservatory style Observation platform, positioned at the end of the inverted docks (the Conservatory is also inverted). So now wherever you land on the station you can use the station teleport to go to this location and take in the sight of the whole build.

Its really nice to chill out there. Scoob big thank you for the suggestion to Egosoft. Egosoft big thank you for adding the idea.
I haven't tried the other style observation platforms yet (Conservatory sounded like it was possibly the best option for looking up (down), was not dissappointed) :D
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 23:46

I like them, too. They're pretty similar to each other, though, so don't get your hopes up for something completely different.

P.S. And I like how the plexiglass is JUST low enough that you can jump over it if you hit C at the correct time. `Tis the simple things in life.... ;)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

kuantem
x4

Post by kuantem » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 04:31

chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:26
kuantem wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:23
That's a new feature in 7.0 which is currently in beta. (and thus the details are a spoiler for all those who don't participate...)
I actually had no idea! I've been playing this game for months now and never found my way to Avarice till this week (After signing up for beta). Apologies for the spoiler!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 12:45

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 21:57
Nice, thanks again :)

It's too early-game at the moment, but I'm going to build a substantial Defence Platform near one (or more) of the borders to Xenon space, I'll then place the Observation module so I can see the fireworks :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”