Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 25. Dec 23, 15:47

Pesanur wrote:
Fri, 22. Dec 23, 22:03
jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 22. Dec 23, 14:07
X3R had a mission where you fly through Asteroid. It was possible for small, fast ship. I had a loaded Raptor ...
Then you missed that Saya left to you her ship for this mission.
It was anyway the easiest to just turn the ship around and fly outside the Asteroid instead of in the tunnel...

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 26. Dec 23, 15:46

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 25. Dec 23, 15:47
Pesanur wrote:
jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 22. Dec 23, 14:07
X3R had a mission where you fly through Asteroid. It was possible for small, fast ship. I had a loaded Raptor ...
It was anyway the easiest to just turn the ship around and fly outside the Asteroid instead of in the tunnel...
:o Really?!, that mission used to drive me nuts, I think I did 3 game restarts with X3R and each time dreaded the asteroid run .. And we could just avoid the tunnel completely? .. AAAAGH!.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Tue, 26. Dec 23, 18:01

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Tue, 26. Dec 23, 15:46
RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 25. Dec 23, 15:47
Pesanur wrote:

:o Really?!, that mission used to drive me nuts, I think I did 3 game restarts with X3R and each time dreaded the asteroid run .. And we could just avoid the tunnel completely? .. AAAAGH!.
LOL - It drove me nuts too until I found out you could do that easy way out. I am glad they never did that kind of thing again... :P

I am a player of the X series since the humble beginning in 1999 with X-Beyond The Frontier. I even bought the Linux versions (from Linux Game Publishing - LGP). Sadly those last ones do not work anymore, because LGP worked with a phone-home DRM, and since LGP is gone under their authentication servers went down with them. So - The games are now unplayable, bye, bye game and money. God - I HATE DRM!!!!!! For that reason I buy the X games solely on GOG now...

Anyway - As a long time player of this series, I would LOVE to see that old story told again, but with a new engine. I am sure there will be a lot of other updates coming with this DLC (also for those that do not buy the DLC), so I really do not get the negativity of some people here to be honest. I certainly going to buy that DLC. I already wishlisted it on GOG, and I will buy it the moment it becomes available. :wink:

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 26. Dec 23, 18:34

:D, oh lord, they could include it in the Timelines DLC, lets hope the tunnel is avoidable again.
Still looking forward to the new DLC though, but even more I am looking forward to the next beta and the fixes which were done by Egosoft that did not quite make it into the 6.20 release. And maybe Ventures becomes a thing again with more improvements after all of our feedback.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

thegreybetween
x4

Post by thegreybetween » Wed, 27. Dec 23, 21:26

Adding another voice to those who are excited for the xpac and feel like this is a good move. I LOVE the X4 sandbox, but I do confess that there are a lot of features of the game that I barely interact with, and some of that is because I am a little intimidated to break out of the game play that I consider comfortable. Having discreet missions that not only introduce me to these systems and immerse me into the lore, but also DON'T directly impact my sandbox games, is actually something that I really believe would elevate my own X4 interactions. I appreciate that it might not be a great (or even palatable) solution for everyone, but I think it is a move that will serve me very well, and I don't think it is nearly as tone-deaf as some of the more dedicated sandboxers are painting it to be. That said, I know feedback is valuable from all fronts, and X fans are never shy at speaking their minds :-)

Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for all you do to bring this (not so) little universe to life. Cheers!

PS: Any excuse for another soundtrack album is already an insta-buy from me. Long live Alexei!

dazar3
x4

Post by dazar3 » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 12:52

I hope they manage to use the xenon hub in this dlc. For example it could be used to access the time lines missions

SpacePanda
x4

Post by SpacePanda » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 22:25

Having more recently discovered the X universe and learning how to play X4 foundations, this is super exciting that I will get to catch up lore that people that have been experiencing these wonderful games all along already know and love. It's already on my Wishlist!
"My rhopalian near explodes at the joy of visitors!" - Leda We

agro
x4

Post by agro » Fri, 29. Dec 23, 06:01

OH MY GOD... the nostalgia when I saw the Eath Command ship and then the X1 proto.... am I going to get to do the Kesler run again?
guys for an Original player like myself who first found your game as a rolling demo on a PC magazine you don't know what this means to me to see these assets in modern form.
Or perhaps you do.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 02:39

the return of the goners!

this universe needs their holy presence. XD
X gamer , one at a time.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 14:10

palm911 wrote:
Sat, 30. Dec 23, 02:39
the return of the goners!

this universe needs their holy presence. XD
Goners were not "holy", like the Paranid. Goners simply preserved the (ugly) Truth until the undeniable evidence, aka Terrans, was discovered. Alliance of the Word seems like spiritual successor of Goners. :goner:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 16:58

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of corporations and their HQ's that reward enhanced, experimental, or rare 1-off ships. (or Skins)
3 of my favorites in X3 were the Venti and the Heavy Centaur Prototype from Otas & Johnferco HQ's ... also the Enhanced Kia.

There could be a similar game start like the Tormented Teladi from X3, but for X4 you receive a Cormorant with exceptional mods.
Or a new direction, start as any faction in a fighter on a carrier & be immediately deployed to combat, then rewarded an enhanced fighter.
Of course the levels of enhancement would be dependent on how well you do fighting in that 1 or multiple battles before being discharged.

Just some thoughts ...

=Baddieus=

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 20:15

I'm curious of this Timelines DLC can be the prelude of a remake of the old X games in the X4 engine.

You know, to dream is free.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 20:25

Pesanur wrote:
Sat, 30. Dec 23, 20:15
I'm curious of this Timelines DLC can be the prelude of a remake of the old X games in the X4 engine.

You know, to dream is free.
Not really - it would be easier to make X5 than trying to remake the old games.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 23:27

I see no real obstacle for Egosoft using their extensions for remake modules of the older games (at least X² / X³). Like Pesanur I suspect Timelines to be some testrun in that regard. Or this DLC is the result of a discussion about making remakes...

Mind you - I'm not talking about e.g. "X² with better graphics" - more like X² in X4 like it was done for the Mass Effect Legendary version: the older games were adapted to major core changes of the older games. So it's essentially "playing X² in X4 graphics / rules / etc.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Tue, 2. Jan 24, 12:44

Thomas2052 wrote:
Thu, 21. Dec 23, 00:00

(Wishing for race-specific battleships to rival the Asgard and Erlking; Xenon, Khaak and Yaki carriers/capitals; light carriers and frigates for all; and world peace) [last one optional]
The Yaki did field a battleship and also a destroyer in the battle for the gateway sector (Echo Seven Two). Both were destroyed though. No idea if Timelines will do anything with the Yaki fleet, but it would be a nice touch :)

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 12:49

If I see another unique ship I delete the textures from the game files. It's a shame to see such beautiful designs wasted by being able to own only one of each kind, the best part of the X games is that you can own as much as your pc can handle.

Ardept
x4

Post by Ardept » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 19:46

So where is the beta?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 20:03

In spring 2024, we will be able to go into more detail about 7.00 and, of course, give you access to the public beta for it
Right on commander !

Dpsavage
x3

Post by Dpsavage » Thu, 4. Jan 24, 18:44

Looking forward to 7.0 and Timelines. I've played X:BTF, X2, X3/TC/AP and now Foundations. Admittingly I wasn't sure how I felt about Timelines, but it sounds like I'll be able to relive some iconic moments in the history of X series, and it seems like there's gonna be incentive to do so for the sandbox, which is cool!

I do have my own personal theory about this new End Game Crisis that's been hinted; and the footage of some people suspended in the air.

Perhaps this new Crisis is a new unrevealed enemy who is kidnapping people across the X Universe, and studying the inhabitants of this X series. Through that discovery, unveiling past conflicts that they put their kidnapped victims through to analyze and prepare for an invasion of the X Universe (Timelines). Julian Brennan's shuttle was found as a wreck in a previous game with no hint of what became him, so maybe he'll pop up as a reference? And there could be many others too.

So essentially we are re-living this simulation of history that will play into an invasion in the sandbox. That be neat!

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 12:41

After thinking about it, I look forward to the DLC. Patch 7.0 already won me over easy, but was initially a bit hesitant on the DLC.

However, putting the campaign in a separate start allows you to play it smoothly & without outside intervention in the game. I recently did the split plot in my game & often had to drop out the plot due to Xenon aggression, factory issues & traders needing help due to significant changes by the Split plot. Still enjoyed it mind you, but to be able to play a story without interruptions would be great + Egosoft can do storychanges that way without upsetting the sandbox balance.

I do hope the unlocks we get through playing the storyline also do something for the various factions. By example xenon being able to field a new ship after you did the M0 plot or seeing a on old school Terran destroyer flying around as museum ship in Sol space after you did the terran part of the story by example as a sign you did that part.
Just unlocks for more unique ships would be a bit of a downer, as we already have several unique ships & we can't fly them all. X shuttle as unique ship would be a banger tho. Loved that callback to XBtF in X3TC too.

Return to “X4: Foundations”