Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

letor
x4

Re: Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

Post by letor » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 08:19

Hello.

I seem to remember that in the questionnaire that EGOSOFT did several months ago, the players' interest in a good plot came out in one of the last places. So I considered it impossible to expect a good plot in 'Kindom End'. I got it right.

I've been waiting for a good plot since XRebirth. In this game the views were spectacular, but the plot was very weak.

And since then the plots have improved very little (except for some rare exceptions using the space suit, which reminded me of the "Serpent's Nest" labyrinth from X3) and the views have lost some of that spectacularity.

I will wait with holy patience for this new DLC. Oh immortal gods, give me patience!

LordIII3

Re: Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

Post by LordIII3 » Wed, 10. Jan 24, 22:44

When I first heard, what this DLC is about,I initially wondered If it will be something I will like. Now that I have thought of it longer, I am actually very excited about this DLC. Not only where most previous titles released before I discovered X but they are way outdated nowadays, so that I know very little about the ingame Story. I am very happy to get to know more about the game lore in the current game. Also it is a great "distraction" later in game as a fleet admiral. Get back the feeling how this game feels when all you have is a measly scouting ship, without having to start all over again and even unlocking some rewards for your current sandbox game.

And also I really like the speculations, that this DLC may be able to dramatically change how a sandbox game may start. Like what if scenarios to select on new game start: Argons where wiped by xenon, terrans never inventing the jump drive/gater technology, what a faction was send back X years in time, facing the current Xenon Thread but with outdated technology and ships (Imagine an Argon Titan with 1GJ Shields (X3 High Tech) having a tough fight with a Xenon M) ...

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 12:21

letor wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 08:19
I seem to remember that in the questionnaire that EGOSOFT did several months ago, the players' interest in a good plot came out in one of the last places.
I'm one of those that ranked the plot way up, maybe 2nd place.
Realistically it's extremely hard to hook new players, on such a complex game, without creating some semi-emotional attachment first.
That can best be done with an adequate plot that actually addresses the question "uh, so what's going on here?".
And that's a question I've been asked by a couple of friends to whom I recommended the game.

It's a shame really.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 15:30

it’s great!! to have so much news from patch 7.0!! :D :D :D :D :D

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 16:55

A simple plot line could be some slaves escape their masters with a construction ship and have to establish a base large enough to avoid recapture into slavery.. Or a separate timeline/alternate reality where prevention of Xenon becoming sentient is required... I think the basic plotline should be simple with multiple courses open to the player .

alexthespaniard95

Post by alexthespaniard95 » Fri, 2. Feb 24, 10:39

i think that the success of the DLC depends on how well they manage to combine the timelines and content for the game.

Currently, this game is mainly about production and combat, especially against the Xenon.

I do believe that providing context to the game is important. I placed it in second position in the vote on its day.

But what we all hope for is more immersion in the game and deeper factions. I miss some spontaneity in the gameplay and a sense of "being part of something."

I think adding a peace/war system (with factions that can never declare war on each other), introducing political systems (monarchy, democracy, theocracy...) where decisions and actions matter, implementing commercial blockades as an action, allowing decisions about territories and taxes, and incorporating dynamic missions (offering rewards for participating in an attack, for instance) would elevate this game. These mechanics, without overly complex coding (not becoming a Paradox game), could make this the best space game today, if it's not already! I've always said that this is the M& Blade of space, and games like St Sector or Distant W 2 can serve as inspiration for those small mechanics that make games great.

Why did Skyrim, GTA, X3, Zelda, M&Blade make a difference? Immersion, care, and detail. I believe this would be the best path Egosoft could take. Luckily, Egosoft has shown that love for the product, so let's see where they take us.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 2. Feb 24, 15:34

As long as the DLC will add a lot of unique ships, that could be used in "normal gameplay/universe", I will be happy.

<waiting for X-Shuttle squadrons>

Nerwesta

Post by Nerwesta » Sat, 3. Feb 24, 22:01

So, are we supposed to get some sort of an early patch note down the line in the coming days ? Forgive me if I'm wrong but this was how it was worked on earlier Expansions :gruebel:

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sun, 4. Feb 24, 10:11

Is this going to be a new game with a start from scratch and none of the assets gained from previous play in X4?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 4. Feb 24, 11:07

Baggins46 wrote:
Sun, 4. Feb 24, 10:11
Is this going to be a new game with a start from scratch and none of the assets gained from previous play in X4?
From the way they describe it, it seems like a set of discrete scenarios/challenges that you play out. Neither in your old save nor 'a new game' in the sense that they would replace your old save.
***modified***

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 10:03

When can we expect more details about 7.0 itself - like how Existential Crisis will work?

raess2013
x4

Post by raess2013 » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 00:35

Honestly, fix the AI.At least make it half decent. Please. The whole game only works OOS. Even the autopilot does not work properly.
Lest News zu Weltraumsimulationen auf:

https://www.space4games.com/

Ysengrin
x3

Post by Ysengrin » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 13:29

All I'm waiting for is more optimization of the engine and a better AI too. Will DLSS be a reality one day in X4 ?

chew-ie
x4

Devs, please look into

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 16. Feb 24, 19:48

... releasing 7.0 & Timelines.

kthxbye. 8)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 20. Feb 24, 19:20

How about Collossus E screenshot as 7.0 teaser?

Nerwesta

Post by Nerwesta » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 02:32

Looks nice to me, we are kept in the dark for much longer than I thought :mrgreen:

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 10:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 20. Feb 24, 19:20
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

:::   :====+++:                                                                                
 *+++++*+****++#=+*%@@%*@    @@-   -   *%@@@#**=#=*+++#=**++++++++*++++*+********+++**++*******+********+***+********** 
 ++**++**++*++%@@@@=      @@.    *  @@@     @%#@%=+*+**-++******+****+++++**++**+***++***++****+********************#**.
 ++**++*-##%%@@        @@@@  @@%.@: @.  @@#    *%%###%%@+=+++***+*+++*++*+**++**+*****+*****++*****************#**#****.
 +++++**%-=     %@@@@@@@@@@@@@ *:@@@ =@# :%@@@@%       *#@%++*+++***++*****+++**++**+************+********************* 
:*++*++=:.@@.@:@:   @@@@@@@@@@@@@@-.#: @@@       @****#   +@@@@#*=#=**=******+++***+*****+*********************#******* 
 **#++#@**+@@@ #=@@   .@@@@@@%@@@@@@@%@   @@* %*%    =@@@ .  -*@@+++=+#+*++****+*+**************************#********#* 
 ++**=-=**  @@.   @@      @@@@@@@@@%%@=@    @@@@@@@@@@  @=* *.  **#@##++*++++*++*****+******************+*********#*#*#.
 #***+***.#@@@@@@  #@@**@   -@@@@  @@   :@@=@@-   @#@@@=. @# ##-   **@%+++*+++*****+***********+***************#*****#*.
::== ***.     @@@@@   %@:@@@    @@   @@@    *@@@@@@@@@@@@@       *.*  *@%@%-#+%=*+***+*#+***+**+#*********#******##**## 
 =@*@=@@@@@  . =*@@@@@@@  @=@@@   -@@    @@@@:      @@@@*%@@@@ *#.    *  *@@%*=+*+*+****************************#+*##**.
 + @@@%*%@@#-@     @@.  %@. .@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ +****:.  @@@@@@@*   +@%*#..+  +%%%#**+************#******#**##**####**#*#.
 *=-%@#*#@##@@#:@@%.  %:.  @@@@@@@@@+ -@@#-#=+-#++****:.  :@@@@@@@-  .    ==. .=@@@#++**+************#*******#*#**#**#* 
 #*=: *@@@@@@*@@** =:+@ @ :@@@@@@@--@@+@*   -##*=+#*=#++*=. +@%#@@@@@+@*           ##*%******+@+#**#****#**#**#*#*#####.
 **+*+-   .:#@****-=-   :*@:   @@@#@@@@==@@* :=*%%=*#=*#+#+=- +@+@%@@@@@@@@@@@@@  @@@@@%%**=%#++************##**###*#**.
:*+*%++#**= **-#**@@@@@@ :-#@@.: %@@@@@@@@*@@# :  =--%-=+#+%++:: *@@-+@%%@%#@   ##@ .  **#@@+-*#**#**##***##*#***#*#*##.
 +@#.+@-=#:@#**#@@@@@%%@@**+ #@@@   @@@@@@@@%@:@@@  .+++##++-#%*+-.-:+@@@@@@@@@:     .     *@@@#+**#***##****###*#*#*##.
 ++*#***+*.@%+%@%@@%@@@@****@  %-%#+   # @@@@@@@@@@@@  --+*##+=+*+##=:. -=:   @@@@@   :.-.    *%@@@#*#+%**%+%#+%#*#####.
 *+*****#+-+@@@@@@%@@@**%@@*+**-  -++***.   @@%##-@@@@@@-.-*-*##*++**+*+=-== @@#*@@@@@    .      +*@@%#+#**+%+##*######.
 ********=*- -@@@@@@#+*%@@**##****####* @@@   *@@@%*@%#@@@@=- +=***+##**%=**:=@@@ +@@@@@@        .  +*@@%##*##*##*#####.
 ***#****#*+#-   -@#+*@@.#=##**%%+****#+**@@@#  *@@@#+@-*:+*@--  -*#++**++%==: @@@*  -@@@@@@           **%@%*#*########.
 **+*****#=%%+#+# @@@@@@#******@@@ :-**#**=****#* *@%*=+@*:@#@@@@:  +*#*#+#%#+#-: @@@@   %*@@@@+  -.=#.   **@@@+#######:
 *******+*******%:. .-   @@%%@*#**@@%%*=*##+*####+  #@@*###@@@@*@@@@  +:#+%+**+=*%= ==@@@=. @@@@@@@  *. .     @@@@@:#%#.
 ***#*****###**++#*#+=##+..:@@#****+@#%#****##= #  *@%*.*@@@%@@.@@@@@@@  =+#-*@#*=#*+:=.-@@@-   @@@@@@.  - *  .*:@@@@*#:
 ###*+*****+*+*#**#*+****#==. :@@#***#*%@@@*******@:  .%@     #@#    @@@@@ .+#+*##**#%-**::*@@@#  .*@@@@@=@:=       =@@.
.***##****###********++**+#+*+- :%@@%****+%#@***@. *@@  % ##*:  @@@@@@@@@@@@==**#+**#*%****=:.=@@@@ . @@@%@@ @*    = %#.
 *#*+**#**+++**#***************++: .@@@%#*#*%+@  @@   @***##*      @@@@% @@@%*-#**#**#***####*+-:-@@@@= .=@@@@@@@@@=@ @.
.****#***####*+**###*************#==*  @@@%*@:@@@  @@@***##-****+     @@@@@@ =#%####*#####*##***=#=.-@@@@%@@@@@   @@@:%.
.*#****#**+**###+++****#********#+**++=.  @@@@@@@@@= -%%***###-**=**=:   @@+@@*+****#*#*#*####*##*#@+-= . @@@ @  @-%@@%-
 *******###*****###*************##++**+#%-=  #@ @@@@@#**@#****  +######*+   @@@@###***###****###**=%#+%*%+-.:@ @@@%= .#-
.#**#**#****##*********##**********#********+-+= -@@@#**%*##**#**#*  -## *+*   @@@*##%%+#%+%*##*#%########%##@@@*#@%@@= 
.###**#####******#*********##***#****************- +*@##@@%@@@@%****###*##=#=**  =@@%#=%*##%+%*%################%##%*%@-
 ***##*****#*#**********#*******************##*#*#+=-:%@@@@@@#%@@@#*****##   :#+    @@%#=%+%%%**#################*#%###-
.####*#####***##*#*************************#****#=@*#*=.-*@@**##%%@@@%****** .+###    #@@#%%=%#########%#####%##%%%**#%:
 *****##****#****************##*########*#*****#***#+=%**=. @@%#**#*%@@@@%***###* ***   +@@*#=#%##################%%%#%-
.#*###***#***###*###***#########**********#**#####*####*#+*#= =@@@%#**%@@@@#*** *# @@.@%  %@@@*%#%##*%%#*#%%#########%%-
.*####*####***####**###*********##########*###**####**##+%%+*#*::-%@@%#*###%@%@#****+.: %-  .+%%#####%########%%#######-
.##########*##**#*********######********#******######*##%++#%*+##*=:+@@@##*##@@@@*##   +: @%@##*%#%##*#%########%#%%#%%-
.**#####***##################***########**###**%#######**#%#*###**##+:-#@@@%*#***@@@@@@ .+@@@#=:@###%%##%%%#@%#*%###%%%-
.###*#**##***###***############*##########*######*****######*######****+- @@@@*#%@@%@@@@@@= +@@%*#%##**%#%#**#%########:
.####*#######***###*****##*****#********###******######****###**##*#####%@:=.@+@@%%@=@@@.. @:+###%#%%%#%*##%#%####%%%##-
:##############*##*##############################*#######%###%%%##*##*##*+%+#*=.=@@@@@@+ @@::%@@*%%%@########%#%#%##%#%-
:#######################****############***#****########***#*****#######*###+*%#+= %@   #%*@%%:.@%*+**#%###%##%%##%#%%%-
.#%####*########*%#*############*###############*######*%##%%##########*%#*#%%#####=@@@@@%%#@@%%#.+@%@@#%#%%%##%%%%%#%%-
 :::.:..::...::. :..:.::................::..:::::::.::..:::::..:::::::::::::::::.::::--::-::--:--+:. :  ==------:------:

01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 10:46

linolafett wrote:
Wed, 21. Feb 24, 10:28
mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 20. Feb 24, 19:20
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

:::   :====+++:                                                                                
 *+++++*+****++#=+*%@@%*@    @@-   -   *%@@@#**=#=*+++#=**++++++++*++++*+********+++**++*******+********+***+********** 
 ++**++**++*++%@@@@=      @@.    *  @@@     @%#@%=+*+**-++******+****+++++**++**+***++***++****+********************#**.
 ++**++*-##%%@@        @@@@  @@%.@: @.  @@#    *%%###%%@+=+++***+*+++*++*+**++**+*****+*****++*****************#**#****.
 +++++**%-=     %@@@@@@@@@@@@@ *:@@@ =@# :%@@@@%       *#@%++*+++***++*****+++**++**+************+********************* 
:*++*++=:.@@.@:@:   @@@@@@@@@@@@@@-.#: @@@       @****#   +@@@@#*=#=**=******+++***+*****+*********************#******* 
 **#++#@**+@@@ #=@@   .@@@@@@%@@@@@@@%@   @@* %*%    =@@@ .  -*@@+++=+#+*++****+*+**************************#********#* 
 ++**=-=**  @@.   @@      @@@@@@@@@%%@=@    @@@@@@@@@@  @=* *.  **#@##++*++++*++*****+******************+*********#*#*#.
 #***+***.#@@@@@@  #@@**@   -@@@@  @@   :@@=@@-   @#@@@=. @# ##-   **@%+++*+++*****+***********+***************#*****#*.
::== ***.     @@@@@   %@:@@@    @@   @@@    *@@@@@@@@@@@@@       *.*  *@%@%-#+%=*+***+*#+***+**+#*********#******##**## 
 =@*@=@@@@@  . =*@@@@@@@  @=@@@   -@@    @@@@:      @@@@*%@@@@ *#.    *  *@@%*=+*+*+****************************#+*##**.
 + @@@%*%@@#-@     @@.  %@. .@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ +****:.  @@@@@@@*   +@%*#..+  +%%%#**+************#******#**##**####**#*#.
 *=-%@#*#@##@@#:@@%.  %:.  @@@@@@@@@+ -@@#-#=+-#++****:.  :@@@@@@@-  .    ==. .=@@@#++**+************#*******#*#**#**#* 
 #*=: *@@@@@@*@@** =:+@ @ :@@@@@@@--@@+@*   -##*=+#*=#++*=. +@%#@@@@@+@*           ##*%******+@+#**#****#**#**#*#*#####.
 **+*+-   .:#@****-=-   :*@:   @@@#@@@@==@@* :=*%%=*#=*#+#+=- +@+@%@@@@@@@@@@@@@  @@@@@%%**=%#++************##**###*#**.
:*+*%++#**= **-#**@@@@@@ :-#@@.: %@@@@@@@@*@@# :  =--%-=+#+%++:: *@@-+@%%@%#@   ##@ .  **#@@+-*#**#**##***##*#***#*#*##.
 +@#.+@-=#:@#**#@@@@@%%@@**+ #@@@   @@@@@@@@%@:@@@  .+++##++-#%*+-.-:+@@@@@@@@@:     .     *@@@#+**#***##****###*#*#*##.
 ++*#***+*.@%+%@%@@%@@@@****@  %-%#+   # @@@@@@@@@@@@  --+*##+=+*+##=:. -=:   @@@@@   :.-.    *%@@@#*#+%**%+%#+%#*#####.
 *+*****#+-+@@@@@@%@@@**%@@*+**-  -++***.   @@%##-@@@@@@-.-*-*##*++**+*+=-== @@#*@@@@@    .      +*@@%#+#**+%+##*######.
 ********=*- -@@@@@@#+*%@@**##****####* @@@   *@@@%*@%#@@@@=- +=***+##**%=**:=@@@ +@@@@@@        .  +*@@%##*##*##*#####.
 ***#****#*+#-   -@#+*@@.#=##**%%+****#+**@@@#  *@@@#+@-*:+*@--  -*#++**++%==: @@@*  -@@@@@@           **%@%*#*########.
 **+*****#=%%+#+# @@@@@@#******@@@ :-**#**=****#* *@%*=+@*:@#@@@@:  +*#*#+#%#+#-: @@@@   %*@@@@+  -.=#.   **@@@+#######:
 *******+*******%:. .-   @@%%@*#**@@%%*=*##+*####+  #@@*###@@@@*@@@@  +:#+%+**+=*%= ==@@@=. @@@@@@@  *. .     @@@@@:#%#.
 ***#*****###**++#*#+=##+..:@@#****+@#%#****##= #  *@%*.*@@@%@@.@@@@@@@  =+#-*@#*=#*+:=.-@@@-   @@@@@@.  - *  .*:@@@@*#:
 ###*+*****+*+*#**#*+****#==. :@@#***#*%@@@*******@:  .%@     #@#    @@@@@ .+#+*##**#%-**::*@@@#  .*@@@@@=@:=       =@@.
.***##****###********++**+#+*+- :%@@%****+%#@***@. *@@  % ##*:  @@@@@@@@@@@@==**#+**#*%****=:.=@@@@ . @@@%@@ @*    = %#.
 *#*+**#**+++**#***************++: .@@@%#*#*%+@  @@   @***##*      @@@@% @@@%*-#**#**#***####*+-:-@@@@= .=@@@@@@@@@=@ @.
.****#***####*+**###*************#==*  @@@%*@:@@@  @@@***##-****+     @@@@@@ =#%####*#####*##***=#=.-@@@@%@@@@@   @@@:%.
.*#****#**+**###+++****#********#+**++=.  @@@@@@@@@= -%%***###-**=**=:   @@+@@*+****#*#*#*####*##*#@+-= . @@@ @  @-%@@%-
 *******###*****###*************##++**+#%-=  #@ @@@@@#**@#****  +######*+   @@@@###***###****###**=%#+%*%+-.:@ @@@%= .#-
.#**#**#****##*********##**********#********+-+= -@@@#**%*##**#**#*  -## *+*   @@@*##%%+#%+%*##*#%########%##@@@*#@%@@= 
.###**#####******#*********##***#****************- +*@##@@%@@@@%****###*##=#=**  =@@%#=%*##%+%*%################%##%*%@-
 ***##*****#*#**********#*******************##*#*#+=-:%@@@@@@#%@@@#*****##   :#+    @@%#=%+%%%**#################*#%###-
.####*#####***##*#*************************#****#=@*#*=.-*@@**##%%@@@%****** .+###    #@@#%%=%#########%#####%##%%%**#%:
 *****##****#****************##*########*#*****#***#+=%**=. @@%#**#*%@@@@%***###* ***   +@@*#=#%##################%%%#%-
.#*###***#***###*###***#########**********#**#####*####*#+*#= =@@@%#**%@@@@#*** *# @@.@%  %@@@*%#%##*%%#*#%%#########%%-
.*####*####***####**###*********##########*###**####**##+%%+*#*::-%@@%#*###%@%@#****+.: %-  .+%%#####%########%%#######-
.##########*##**#*********######********#******######*##%++#%*+##*=:+@@@##*##@@@@*##   +: @%@##*%#%##*#%########%#%%#%%-
.**#####***##################***########**###**%#######**#%#*###**##+:-#@@@%*#***@@@@@@ .+@@@#=:@###%%##%%%#@%#*%###%%%-
.###*#**##***###***############*##########*######*****######*######****+- @@@@*#%@@%@@@@@@= +@@%*#%##**%#%#**#%########:
.####*#######***###*****##*****#********###******######****###**##*#####%@:=.@+@@%%@=@@@.. @:+###%#%%%#%*##%#%####%%%##-
:##############*##*##############################*#######%###%%%##*##*##*+%+#*=.=@@@@@@+ @@::%@@*%%%@########%#%#%##%#%-
:#######################****############***#****########***#*****#######*###+*%#+= %@   #%*@%%:.@%*+**#%###%##%%##%#%%%-
.#%####*########*%#*############*###############*######*%##%%##########*%#*#%%#####=@@@@@%%#@@%%#.+@%@@#%#%%%##%%%%%#%%-
 :::.:..::...::. :..:.::................::..:::::::.::..:::::..:::::::::::::::::.::::--::-::--:--+:. :  ==------:------:

Too low resolution, but looks like normal Collossus instead Collossus E :D

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 10:57

Its really the colossus E, i promise ;) Side by side you would see a clear difference in proportions.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 11:22

Now that you say it - it does seem to be longer than normal Collossus.

Return to “X4: Foundations”