Plot / Story Betterment?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Plot / Story Betterment?

Post by Baddieus » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 21:57

Howdy Everyone,

I've been playing a while and some recent items I wanted to point out that I think could use a review to potentially make better in the plots/stories.

Playing as a Boron, doing the gambling den plot, I met with a human supervisor of one of my all Boron stations to hear them complain about morale.
Could this be adjusted to show a supervisor of the same race as the player, or of the station populations they are housing?

2nd item on the gambling den plot, you have to deliver a ship to a point in space, that you have to exit in order for the plot to move forward.
Then you get back in that same ship to go land it on the station for it to disappear in the hands of the gambling den NPC.
Could we not just go straight to the landing pad, or review if the ship meets qualifications while in the pilot chair?

Another similar thing with the Teladi who needs a new ship that you rescued in Avarice. I just did this one a few hours ago.
It seems you have to pilot to a point in space and exit the ship, but there are several empty docking bays on TideBreak.
Could we not just land on any dock and upon transfer have the Teladi come running up from the nearest elevator?

I decided to join the Terran vs. Xenon mission to get their fancy paint skin and other good pay-outs for those missions.
The NPC making the offer said there would be a test, I replied "Lets get started" they said great, you have access to missions now.
I'm thinking we could either lose the 'be a test' line or have an actual mission to pass before gaining access to all the rest.

Although not there yet, I'm guessing the Split plot via the Hatikvah's missions will not recognize that I'm playing a Boron character?

Finally, I have all the DLC's and upon approach to those new sectors the cut scene introduction was a nice touch.
Now that I've seen them all a couple of times now, can we have an option to switch them off?

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Plot / Story Betterment?

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 13. Mar 24, 12:27

Hello,
Baddieus wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 24, 21:57
Playing as a Boron, doing the gambling den plot, I met with a human supervisor of one of my all Boron stations to hear them complain about morale.
Could this be adjusted to show a supervisor of the same race as the player, or of the station populations they are housing?
I understand that this breaks immersion somewhat, but thinking along the line of how the X-universe is structured by the time of X4: Foundations, it wouldn't be unlikely to have various races make-up the workforce of an organization.
Baddieus wrote:
2nd item on the gambling den plot, you have to deliver a ship to a point in space, that you have to exit in order for the plot to move forward.
Then you get back in that same ship to go land it on the station for it to disappear in the hands of the gambling den NPC.
Could we not just go straight to the landing pad, or review if the ship meets qualifications while in the pilot chair?
This could easily be an oversight from our part. Could you post a bugreport about it here the proper way?
Baddieus wrote:
Another similar thing with the Teladi who needs a new ship that you rescued in Avarice. I just did this one a few hours ago.
It seems you have to pilot to a point in space and exit the ship, but there are several empty docking bays on TideBreak.
Could we not just land on any dock and upon transfer have the Teladi come running up from the nearest elevator?
Although the previous point might have been an oversight, this one isn't. You can land the transport ship on Tidebreak station, disembark it, and the moment you leave it our Teladi friend will contact you for asset transfer.
Baddieus wrote:
I decided to join the Terran vs. Xenon mission to get their fancy paint skin and other good pay-outs for those missions.
The NPC making the offer said there would be a test, I replied "Lets get started" they said great, you have access to missions now.
I'm thinking we could either lose the 'be a test' line or have an actual mission to pass before gaining access to all the rest.
There used to be a test in the early versions, however it was disabled. This is once again an oversight and can be reported as a bug.
Baddieus wrote:
Although not there yet, I'm guessing the Split plot via the Hatikvah's missions will not recognize that I'm playing a Boron character?
Nah, it won't. You have to understand that the X4: Kingdom End expansion is a recent addition and the earlier expansions couldn't be prepped for such special cases.
Baddieus wrote:
Finally, I have all the DLC's and upon approach to those new sectors the cut scene introduction was a nice touch.
Now that I've seen them all a couple of times now, can we have an option to switch them off?
What cutscenes do you mean? The Split Vendetta expansion has two slightly different encounters but only one should trigger. The Cradle of Humanity expansion also has one cutscene, but that also should only trigger once.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 13. Mar 24, 16:29

Thanks Tomonor .. I'll look into the bug reports thing, and as for the cutscene question;
Baddieus wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024 15:57
What cutscenes do you mean? The Split Vendetta expansion has two slightly different encounters but only one should trigger. The Cradle of Humanity expansion also has one cutscene, but that also should only trigger once.
This play though as Boron, approaching the center gate in Heretic's the 1st time showed the cutscene for a slave escape ship discovering they are in Argon sectors.
Approaching the gate to Mars in Asteroid belt has the Teladi trading ship being denied and turned away.
Approaching the gate to Windfall from Black Hole Sun has the Salvage ship cutscene.

I agree they only trigger once, and not a super big hassle, but forgetting this is characters first approach they can interrupt ones train of thought unexpectedly.

=Baddieus=

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 13. Mar 24, 18:26

Baddieus wrote:
Wed, 13. Mar 24, 16:29
Thanks Tomonor .. I'll look into the bug reports thing, and as for the cutscene question;
Baddieus wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024 15:57
This play though as Boron, approaching the center gate in Heretic's the 1st time showed the cutscene for a slave escape ship discovering they are in Argon sectors.
Approaching the gate to Mars in Asteroid belt has the Teladi trading ship being denied and turned away.
Approaching the gate to Windfall from Black Hole Sun has the Salvage ship cutscene.

I agree they only trigger once, and not a super big hassle, but forgetting this is characters first approach they can interrupt ones train of thought unexpectedly.

=Baddieus=
Ahh, I see where you're getting at (and sorry, I totally forgot about the salvager/ToA intro scene).
Yeah, these cutscenes will play no matter what, however they only play once. So in your playthrough you shouldn't encounter them anymore.

Just in case you don't want to sit through them, pressing [ESC] will skip them.

Return to “X4: Foundations”