Xenon does not build Power plants in Sol system.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PV_
x4

Xenon does not build Power plants in Sol system.

Post by PV_ » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 16:09

Want to know if its intended that Xenon ignores Energy cell production for any sector inside Sol system?
Full size screenshot.

"Asteroid belt" contains Shipyard, Wharf and 2x Defense platforms. But no Power station... Both Getsu Fune and Savage spur 2 have energy facilities. Even "The Void" that Xenon struggle to conquer has one.
I know sometimes stations may go deep below or above ecliptic and far out of sector visible edges. But that isn't the case.

Vovadrik
x4

Re: Xenon does not build Power plants in Sol system.

Post by Vovadrik » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 16:17

If it is not intentional then it is a very good bug because sun is very low in most of those sectors, so wasting station on that is pretty bad

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 16:32

Right, but having small amount of Energy cells is better than don't have those at all though. Given how simple Xenon production/construction it doesn't look like a problem to build that station.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 22:01

I am not sure it is particularly intended for Xenon to be in Sol. It is my understanding that TER is meant to keep them back and the player should not be helping XEN take over the area given that outside of being inside a specific ship, XEN is permanently maximum hostile to the player. As such this is likely falling into very edge case territory.

Be aware of the solar output in Sol. Only Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and The Moon have good solar. Asteroid Belt, Jupiter, e.t.c. all have very bad solar production. As such the Xenon strategic AI might be smart enough to realise this so purposely avoid building useless solar power plants in Jupiter. A solar power plant in Ort Cloud might never pay for itself.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 06:38

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 24, 22:01
Be aware of the solar output in Sol. Only Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and The Moon have good solar. Asteroid Belt, Jupiter, e.t.c. all have very bad solar production. As such the Xenon strategic AI might be smart enough to realise this so purposely avoid building useless solar power plants in Jupiter. A solar power plant in Ort Cloud might never pay for itself.
As I wrote above I do agree those sectors are power ineffective. But Xenon is a specific faction and their Power plant is literally defense platform with few cheap energy generation modules (surprisingly, I can't recall if Xenon Power station has additional storage module, but anyway it should not be costly since it has low hull health). I mean AI may build a power plant instead of one more defense platform in negligible cost increase.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 17:17

Perhaps the Xenon simply don't need more power plants at that point. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 17:53

Nanook wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 17:17
Perhaps the Xenon simply don't need more power plants at that point. :gruebel:
May be. However I lean towards some lightning threshold to decide about power station construction. I've recalled Xenon didn't build Power plant in Litany of Fury 12 at least at one of my playthroughs, but AI built it in Litany of Fury 9 that time.

PersonyPerson
x4

Post by PersonyPerson » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 08:33

How did the Xenon in your game even manage to get that far?
Spoiler
Show
Did you do the Yaki plot where you unleashed a successful Xenon wave and then it snowballed from there?

Return to “X4: Foundations”