Rules to manage intermediate goods in production stations?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redstamp

Rules to manage intermediate goods in production stations?

Post by redstamp » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 10:40

Hi,

I have read quite a few guides on how to set-up stations, but not sure I am doing it right.

For the intermediate goods in a production chain - all at a single station - I just want to limit goods to only use what is produced at the station ( I have already set to "My Faction" global trade rule to Buy options) and then I want the manager to sell any excess.

I started out using the "Sell All But" rule on individual intermediates to limit to 2x the consumption rate, but then read a post about using the "Automatic Storage Allocation" and setting it to 2x the consumption rate, then allowing the Manager to sell automatically.

I am concerned the Station Manager may over-sell if just using the manual storage allocation...

Which is the preferred / best option - or should I use both?

Thanks,
Jon

Nico07091980
x3tc

Re: Rules to manage intermediate goods in production stations?

Post by Nico07091980 » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 11:51

redstamp wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 24, 10:40
Hi,

I have read quite a few guides on how to set-up stations, but not sure I am doing it right.

For the intermediate goods in a production chain - all at a single station - I just want to limit goods to only use what is produced at the station ( I have already set to "My Faction" global trade rule to Buy options) and then I want the manager to sell any excess.

I started out using the "Sell All But" rule on individual intermediates to limit to 2x the consumption rate, but then read a post about using the "Automatic Storage Allocation" and setting it to 2x the consumption rate, then allowing the Manager to sell automatically.

I am concerned the Station Manager may over-sell if just using the manual storage allocation...

Thanks,
Jon
Hi there,

good question. I think managers can't over-sell becaus the receiving production module is faster in grabbing the material than the managers decision to sell it. I also never saw a production module for higher goods having no input material while a sell order is being processed for the needed material. So if you are worried about over-selling I think this doesn't exists. Except you want to build up a buffer. therefore you can set the sell order to don't sell under a certain amaount. Unselect the automatic sell amount and choose a lower limit of material to keep in storage. That should do the job if I'm not mistaken. If the receiving module is a ship manufactoring plant that would be another thing. Selling input material for such modules needs more manual settings to work well.

redstamp

Re: Rules to manage intermediate goods in production stations?

Post by redstamp » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 12:11

Nico07091980 wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 24, 11:51
redstamp wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 24, 10:40
Hi,

Thanks,
Jon
Hi there,

good question. I think managers can't over-sell becaus the receiving production module is faster in grabbing the material than the managers decision to sell it. I also never saw a production module for higher goods having no input material while a sell order is being processed for the needed material. So if you are worried about over-selling I think this doesn't exists. Except you want to build up a buffer. therefore you can set the sell order to don't sell under a certain amaount. Unselect the automatic sell amount and choose a lower limit of material to keep in storage. That should do the job if I'm not mistaken. If the receiving module is a ship manufactoring plant that would be another thing. Selling input material for such modules needs more manual settings to work well.
Great - thanks. Not at ship building stage yet, so that's for another day :)

Jon

Return to “X4: Foundations”