X4: Foundations 7.00 Public Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chew-ie
x4

Re: X4: Foundations 7.00 Public Beta Launches Today!

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 11:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 11:30
EGO_Aut wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 07:36
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 24, 16:55
Any summary how are new Argon and Teladi E ships re-balanced in general?

Comparing to old ships and possibly comparing to Paranid E ships?
Here you can see them in action, look on the timestamps of the video, you csn find the equipment stats in the last 1/3 of the video.

https://youtu.be/16PBfuKgeT4?si=0896Uze_cs9Tge0s
Is there Condor and Stork E? I don't see them anywhere mentioned or see in beta footage, but I think there was a screenshot of XL or is this jsut an E version of Herron?
https://clan.cloudflare.steamstatic.com ... 4c47da.gif
So far the "only" new capital ships (with each needing according to Lino 6-8 weeks of work) seem to be those:
  • ARG Behemoth-E (L, destroyer)
  • ARG Colossus-E (XL, carrier)
  • TEL Phoenix-E (L, destroyer)
  • TEL Kranich-E (L, miner, both variants (gas, ore))
  • TEL Reiher-E (L, freighter)
"Only" in quotes because there are other new ships as well which I haven't indexed yet - at least 2 new capital ships (Xenon, Kha'ak) and a few new M models.

So all in all an awful lot of work which went into new ship models _for the base version_ (just don't forget that the upcoming DLC has "some" new ships and assets as well, all produced in the same timeframe in parallel)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 12:12

Bit sad - given how great and industrial new Teladi ships looks like, Condor and Stork would look amazing.

Well, I guess we still have some items to list for 8.0 :D

Oh and with Terraformer and Timelines stuff, I have a feeling the DLC along 8.0 will contain Aldrin as they are most organically related to the new stuff from 7.0/timelines :)

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 17:50

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 11:30
Is there Condor and Stork E? I don't see them anywhere mentioned or see in beta footage, but I think there was a screenshot of XL or is this jsut an E version of Herron?
https://clan.cloudflare.steamstatic.com ... 4c47da.gif
That would be the Crane-E, I believe. The Heron's ring isn't as round.
Crane: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3213808772
Heron: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3213809134

(If you can get Steam to work for you. It's having major issues today.)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 18:53

Wow that new Nebulas background in some of new systems looks so fantastic its finally better game than E*E online . Finally something interesting on backgrounds during raiding systems.

New xenon ships looks so high tech much better than old bugs styles .

Egosoft asking for feedback all the time but i got feeling that if they keep doing what they doing its correct way.

MightyOdin
x3tc

Post by MightyOdin » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 18:59

can some one confirm or deny that we can caputre the terraformers ship as of now in beta? the L/B/H ? and how to go about it. i have shoot em down to they stop moving but i cant find a signal leak to hack not do hacking software work no way to imput it.
what is missing or is this a bug ? :gruebel: :gruebel: have been at it for 7h now and no luck.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:01

MightyOdin wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 18:59
can some one confirm or deny that we can caputre the terraformers ship as of now in beta? the L/B/H ? and how to go about it. i have shoot em down to they stop moving but i cant find a signal leak to hack not do hacking software work no way to imput it.
what is missing or is this a bug ? :gruebel: :gruebel: have been at it for 7h now and no luck.
I've seen screenshots of cokpits for new Terraformer ships and PE, SE - these are flyable/capturable/boardable.

MightyOdin
x3tc

Post by MightyOdin » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:02

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:01
MightyOdin wrote:
I've seen screenshots of cokpits for new Terraformer ships and PE, SE - these are flyable/capturable/boardable.
okay so the L/B/H is not currently bordable and capturable.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:43

MightyOdin wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:02
mr.WHO wrote:
MightyOdin wrote:

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 24, 12:09
Fixed. Should be in a future update. Thanks for the report and the save.
j.harshaw wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 12:12
RomanKost wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 12:05
Xenon B and F also have this exact problem.
Sorry was unclear. Fix covers the Xenon PE, SE, B, and F.

Spoiler
Show

MightyOdin
x3tc

Post by MightyOdin » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:53

chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:43
MightyOdin wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:02
mr.WHO wrote:

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 24, 12:09
Fixed. Should be in a future update. Thanks for the report and the save.
j.harshaw wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 12:12
RomanKost wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 12:05
Xenon B and F also have this exact problem.
Sorry was unclear. Fix covers the Xenon PE, SE, B, and F.
okay thank you for info and clerification on this. much much aprishiated. :D

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 19:53

:)

Spoiler
Show

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:05

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 4. Apr 24, 17:04
temporal anti-aliasing
FSR 3 on the horizon?

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 08:40

THX Ego for update. I like new highlightsss for menussss, map and infossss etc. :teladi: :thumb_up:

[edit] Wow, the game runs much faster. Map works better, smooth zooming, no fps drops anymore!!1 All DLCs, huge late game Empire. :!:

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 11:39

is it me or does 7.0 add little dots as asteroids on the map now, i dont think i saw em before 7.0 beta?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

highscore
x3tc

Post by highscore » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 17:21

Hey !

Great news.

Will it be necessary to start a new game?
- lieber sie als ich -

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 17:23

No, as always you can continue playing your existing game. Do read the rules at the top of the public beta forum if you decide to participate, though, especially the part about backing up your savegames.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 09:44

I am trying to get into the beta, I'm on Steam, the process constant starts / stops the download and goes into validation is this normal behaviour?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 09:55

It doesn't sound normal. Try restarting the Steam client. If you're still having problems then you'll need to contact Steam support, I'm afraid, as we don't control the download process.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 10:10

OK thanks for the swift answer. I have restarted Steam and the download several times.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

alexthespaniard

Post by alexthespaniard » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 17:37

I miss the ships that aren't designed for head-on attacks; most of them have frontal assault capabilities except for the "Raptor" and Supply Ships... It's true that in the latest DLCs, we see more ships designed like that, but it would be fun to see ships with strong lateral and rear attacks. In my opinion, it should be the Teladi and the Boron, as they are more peaceful factions not so focused on warfare.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 17:33

Thank you for all your positive feedback on our 7.00 Public Beta launch last week, and also on our dedicated trailer. Those of you who have been with us for a while know how things proceed from here on out, but for all new X4 pilots, here's a heads up: During the Public Beta phase, we will regularly release new beta versions that fix issues found in the previous version, or improve features. This way, we are slowly but surely working our way towards the release of the final 7.00 update.

The next step in this direction is today's release of 7.00 Public Beta 2, which you can download now. At the end of this news you will find the changelog for this new version.

How Do I Take Part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 7.00 Public Beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum, where they will find the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum - no registration required - to find the relevant information.

Frequently Asked Questions
Since the start of the 7.00 Public Beta, a number of questions have repeatedly come up, and we would like to address those here:

How do I deactivate or change the UI Glow effect?
From the X4 start menu, head to "Settings", then "Graphics Settings". You will find the "UI Glow Quality" entry. You can select "off" to deactivate the effect completely, or switch to "Low", "Medium" and "High" presets.

I can't access "Timelines", it's greyed out.
The 7.00 Public Beta does not include our next expansion X4: Timelines. The expansion will not be part of any public beta tests. You will not be able to test X4: Timelines in the 7.00 Public Beta of X4: Foundations. The menu item being greyed out is therefore intentional.

How do I start the new "Existential Crisis" endgame content?
The crisis will trigger upon reaching around half a billion in assets, most of which should be military. This is based on construction cost, i.e. not the monetary value you see in the Empire Menu. Boso Ta will contact you and guide you through the crisis.

The 7.00 Public Beta announcement said I can now board / claim / fly Xenon ships. Why doesn't it work?
This should now work in 7.00 Public Beta 2, released today. Please update your game if you're in the Public Beta branch.

I have reverted back from the 7.00 Public Beta branch to version 6.20 of X4 and now my mouse is slow when looking around while walking / in first person mode. What's up with that?
The 7.00 Public Beta modifies and adds a few settings in the key binding configuration file, therefore rendering the file incompatible with older versions of the game. Please restore your key bindings to their default by going to Settings > Controls > Input Profiles > Load Profile, and selecting the Reset to Default > Default - Keyboard & Mouse / Controller option.

I'm experiencing an issue with ...
Please share your feedback / bug report in our Public Beta Feedback forum. Before doing so, please make sure you read the Public Beta Rules and Information, which you can find in a sticky thread at the top of that forum.

Specific test / feedback requests
If you have already visited our Public Beta Feedback Forum, you will have seen that we are asking for feedback and reports on specific game features. We would like to explicitly point out some of these requests here so that a wider audience can see them, and ideally participate in reporting and sending feedback: Please post your feedback as a new thread in our Public Beta Feedback Forum, and make sure you have read the rules and information beforehand.

>> Visit our forum for the full 7.00 changelog overview.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Return to “X4: Foundations”