beta7 Still got issues with salvaging :(

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ColManiac
x4

beta7 Still got issues with salvaging :(

Post by ColManiac » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 11:45

After capturing a xenon sector and setting up a massive blockade at another xenon sector with a mass of Laser towers and several battle ships, I have accumulated a massive amount of scrap ships.
I have captured 3 dismantlement ships and 6 tug boats.
the station in system is fully dependant, with 4 solar generators, 4 scrap bins and 2 recyclers.

Issue I have is I select all 9 ships, then select salvage with station commander, I then get the orange error messages saying no scrap in area, the 3 dismantler ships are then assigned to station to defend.
I have tried cancel all orders, I then setup the 3 dis ships to salvage at the blockade, this works with no issues, but selecting the 6 tug boats to salvage in the same area, im still getting orange errors, they find old wrecks but not taking them to my station, after using the anchor point it does say at the bottom of the UI salvage at my station.

How do I fully automate my salvage crews so I dont have to manually do this? I have tried moving the towing tug to the station but they just drop the salvage.

ColManiac
x4

Re: beta7 Still got issues with salvaging :(

Post by ColManiac » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 15:06

Tried different way to do it all have failed,

Simplest one, assign the 2 compactor's to the area to breakdown the ships,
then assigned the 6 tugs to the station on the salvage command, but again getting trade errors saying no scrap to salvage when less than 10km from the station one of my compactors got a nice pile of scrap going. (I I set up a no sector fly) as all my tugs were flying several sectors away to get scrap when there is scrap on my front door.

Its either a bug or doing something wrong. How do I get them to salvage in a specific area using the station commander?

chew-ie
x4

Re: beta7 Still got issues with salvaging :(

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 15:33

ColManiac wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 11:45
After capturing a xenon sector and setting up a massive blockade at another xenon sector with a mass of Laser towers and several battle ships, I have accumulated a massive amount of scrap ships.
I have captured 3 dismantlement ships and 6 tug boats.
the station in system is fully dependant, with 4 solar generators, 4 scrap bins and 2 recyclers.

Issue I have is I select all 9 ships, then select salvage with station commander, I then get the orange error messages saying no scrap in area, the 3 dismantler ships are then assigned to station to defend.
I have tried cancel all orders, I then setup the 3 dis ships to salvage at the blockade, this works with no issues, but selecting the 6 tug boats to salvage in the same area, im still getting orange errors, they find old wrecks but not taking them to my station, after using the anchor point it does say at the bottom of the UI salvage at my station.

How do I fully automate my salvage crews so I dont have to manually do this? I have tried moving the towing tug to the station but they just drop the salvage.
The devs said to wait for the next beta version: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=460284&p=5221425#p5221425

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations”